2024 NFL Changes

15 hours ago, bowld said:

2024 Helmet updates-

New Primary Helmet

* Browns (likely white facemask)

* Jets

* Broncos

* Lions

* Texans (image leaked of new uniforms showed a metallic/sparkle blue helmet rather than the flat blue they used to use)

New Alternate Helmet

* Jaguars

* Ravens

* Vikings

* Giants

* Packers

* Jets

* Lions

* Texans

* Broncos

Let the guessing games begin!! 

The Lions article just posted seems to say that last year's alt helmet will still be used with their new alt uniform.

It's where I sit.

This might end up being a case of "careful what you wish for," but I'm kind of ready for a new Lions set. I have never really loved this current set, even when they use the right combos. Not a fan of the slanted numbers. I also want more white involved in the color scheme instead of primarily gray/silver with the Honolulu blue. If you look at the balance that the Barry Sanders era had, I think the white numbers and inner pant stripe really helped with that. 

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The Lions article just posted seems to say that last year's alt helmet will still be used with their new alt uniform.

Could mean its just a small change such as facemask color

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

This might end up being a case of "careful what you wish for," but I'm kind of ready for a new Lions set. I have never really loved this current set, even when they use the right combos. Not a fan of the slanted numbers. I also want more white involved in the color scheme instead of primarily gray/silver with the Honolulu blue. If you look at the balance that the Barry Sanders era had, I think the white numbers and inner pant stripe really helped with that. 

My thoughts exactly. I don't hate their currents, but some white would definitely help with balance. 

• Like 6
  • WOAH 1

sig.png

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

I actually am perhaps a TINY bit more fond of the set from part of Billy Sims’ career, where they had silver numbers but with a white outline. I agree that silver numbers with no outline don’t work well on a Honolulu blue jersey. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, bowld said:

2024 Helmet updates-

New Primary Helmet

* Jets

* Broncos

* Lions

* Texans (image leaked of new uniforms showed a metallic/sparkle blue helmet rather than the flat blue they used to use)

New Alternate Helmet

* Jaguars

* Ravens

* Vikings

* Giants

* Packers

* Jets

* Lions

* Texans

* Broncos

Jets have a new alternate? So either a black helmet with the classic script, or a white throwback. Either way it is an upgrade on the black helmet from the past couple years, just as the green with the classic script is an upgrade on the green from recent years. That’s a win!

19 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

On one hand: Every team's draft hat has some sort of dropshadow.

On the other hand: That ice blue is on the side state flag logo as well. 

On, somehow, a third hand: Didn't the team say the colors were remaining the same? 

So who knows. 

Insert GIF of a third hand slapping Frank Drebin from the second Naked Gun movie. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rwaters1221 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just was at local store and they had the Broncos Draft hat with the new logo. The side patch says "Broncos Country" with the state flag. Here it is on a standard hat too to see it without the details in the draft cap. 

Broncos logo

That link no longer works, but I will say this:

1. I wouldn’t worry about the “Broncos Country” with the state flag on the side. Every hat has a detail specific to the team and most of them appear to be old, or rarely used, or even unique to the hat. 

2. It does appear, at least to my eyes, to have a new outline around the logo, but the outline color varies based on the background color, rather than remaining constant. 

7 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Take this with a grain of salt...

I hope that, if this is true, it is only for certain games and not full-time. It might be kind of cool for the Browns to match their facemasks to their pants. 

If they are trying to switch to orange facemasks full-time, then that simply proves that Browns still gonna Browns. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bowld said:

2024 Helmet updates-

New Primary Helmet

* Jets

* Broncos

* Lions

New Alternate Helmet

* Jaguars

* Ravens

* Vikings

* Giants

* Packers

* Jets

* Lions

* Texans

* Broncos

OH :censored:! Just leave the Ravens and Packers alone. I know damn well the ones I bold will have lack luster alternate helmets.

Imagine, Jaguars go with teal helmets which to me will look horrendous in many aspects if they use the chrome type of shell that the Giants and Rams defaults are as well as the red alt helmet of the Texans. But if they use flat, then that if fine with me. But that is not the case.

Vikings only need their 1969-1995 throwbacks or their 1961-1967 throwbacks, not some hideous alt that is probably going to be white in this case the stupidest looking idea they could come up with.

Packers should go back to the navy blue and athletic gold throwback but with grey facemask. Their 1940 throwback is in my opinion the better ones ever. My opinion may be unpopular with the Packers throwbacks, but I prefer the 1940 ones better.

I am afraid of what they have in plan for the Giants. This scares me a lot!

51 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I hope that, if this is true, it is only for certain games and not full-time. It might be kind of cool for the Browns to match their facemasks to their pants. 

If they are trying to switch to orange facemasks full-time, then that simply proves that Browns still gonna Browns. 

Best I can tell, the orange masks are only going to be an alternate.  For now, anyway.

That said, the Browns are always gonna Browns. 'Twas ever thus.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, fouhy12 said:

Given that the account in question on that Browns facemask lists themself as a parody in their bio, I'm going to assume there is no orange facemask. 

I guess April 1 came early this year. 

35 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Given that the account in question on that Browns facemask lists themself as a parody in their bio, I'm going to assume there is no orange facemask. 

He's also a co-host on a pretty popular podcast in Cleveland. I'm not saying he's right, thus my "take it with a grain of salt" disclaimer, but he's not a guy who just makes things up for engagement. His Browns news is pretty legit.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

25 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Yeah Reflog is a Cleveland sports fan account that usually just posts memes. He's not connected to the team and I wouldn't use him as a source for uniform news. Orange facemasks make so sense. Especially since ownership already confirmed a few seasons ago that white was coming back at some point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Yeah Reflog is a Cleveland sports fan account that usually just posts memes. He's not connected to the team and I wouldn't use him as a source for uniform news. Orange facemasks make so sense. Especially since ownership already confirmed a few seasons ago that white was coming back at some point.

White facemasks are already back.

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Here’s to hoping for blue

spacer.png

But it's last year's alternate that is theoretically being modified with a new mask. That helmet was blue with the old logo on it, not this helmet.

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Take this with a grain of salt...

Why would they need special dispensation to wear an orange facemask??

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

OH :censored:! Just leave the Ravens and Packers alone. I know damn well the ones I bold will have lack luster alternate helmets.

Imagine, Jaguars go with teal helmets which to me will look horrendous in many aspects if they use the chrome type of shell that the Giants and Rams defaults are as well as the red alt helmet of the Texans. But if they use flat, then that if fine with me. But that is not the case.

Vikings only need their 1969-1995 throwbacks or their 1961-1967 throwbacks, not some hideous alt that is probably going to be white in this case the stupidest looking idea they could come up with.

Packers should go back to the navy blue and athletic gold throwback but with grey facemask. Their 1940 throwback is in my opinion the better ones ever. My opinion may be unpopular with the Packers throwbacks, but I prefer the 1940 ones better.

I am afraid of what they have in plan for the Giants. This scares me a lot!

I don't think  the Packers can change their alternate uniform yet, so I'm betting it will be a literal gold helmet with a single green stripe.

It's where I sit.

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

GJujDbEXkAAylpc?format=jpg&name=large

The "source" of this rumor has already been discussed, BUT...to be completely honest, I can completely see the Broncos switching over to a white primary helmet. (In fact, I bet that "snowcapped" alternate was just a test run to see how it'd be received by the public.) To be entirely honest, I wouldn't hate it; it's just that the white horsehead would dang near get lost on a white background (yeah I know it has the orange mane and navy blue keyline, but still). All that to the side, to me anyway, white/orange/white would look pretty dang snazzy for Denver. (Talking about the color order, not the details within it.) But that's just my two rusted Lincolns on the matter. Oh and if, for some reason, white primary helmets do appear, direct all blame and vitriol straight at the NFL Properties offices in New York City...they are the ones who dictate team helmet colors.

I can also see "mountain-striped" sleeve caps becoming a thing just because of course can be a thing.

3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I've never cared for the half-italic numbers, either, but I feel they had something really going with the focus on honolulu blue and silver--until they started adding plain white pants to the mix. That same uniform set, minus the white pants--except we all know some variant of those is coming with the next set because ICY--and the unnecessary darker gray, would have made for a modern classic, if they could just keep it to blue and silver. But they won't, and I'm pessimistically curious (that ain't a word; I just made it up) as to what kind of numbers they came up with.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I actually am perhaps a TINY bit more fond of the set from part of Billy Sims’ career, where they had silver numbers but with a white outline. I agree that silver numbers with no outline don’t work well on a Honolulu blue jersey. 

Are we sure?

goff5.jpg

Seemed to work well enough for me! (Then again you may have been coming at that from a different angle that I also may have missed...)

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, I think a teal helmet would look pretty slick...well, I know it would becausre there are plenty of concept teal helmets out there already. That said, here's how it'd look with the former uniform set:

dPsUQJf.png

As one can see, it's the flat texture here. (I'd be cool with gloss, also, as will be seen below.) Imagine that with teal pants, for a teal/black/teal look and a teal/white/teal away look.

Coastal Carolina gave us an idea of how that could look a couple seasons ago:

19037919-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

67859316-5226-4118-9c3b-7d590afaac82-ful

post.jpg

I'm all for anything that amps up the teal in Jacksonville. But they'd have to be smart about it...or at least distinctive, which their current uniform set is most certainly not.

https://imgur.com/dPsUQJf

• Like 6
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||