2024 NFL Changes

35 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Why would they need special dispensation to wear an orange facemask??

That's what I thought. It's also why I said "take this with a grain of salt." Maybe I should have used a bigger font and put it in bold.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

12 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

That's what I thought. It's also why I said "take this with a grain of salt." Maybe I should have used a bigger font and put it in bold.

Yeah- I was more questioning him than you, but I thought maybe someone had heard something that could address it.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

goff5.jpg

dPsUQJf.png

67859316-5226-4118-9c3b-7d590afaac82-ful

post.jpg

Silver numbers definitely work on Honolulu Blue.....if the font is bold enough to give the numbers enough surface area, which you can see in their Throwbacks above.  The skinny, italicized numbers they use now are both too skinny/small and are the main negative of their current uniforms.

I could see the Jaguars doing a Teal helmet, certainly...though I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a White alternate so that they can do a full icy white/snow jaguar/Tony Khan's cocaine look.  Perhaps enough other teams in the league are using White helmets/alternates that they'll back off that option.  Teal helmets could work for them for sure, when worn with the right combos (of course).

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

The "source" of this rumor has already been discussed, BUT...to be completely honest, I can completely see the Broncos switching over to a white primary helmet. (In fact, I bet that "snowcapped" alternate was just a test run to see how it'd be received by the public.) To be entirely honest, I wouldn't hate it; it's just that the white horsehead would dang near get lost on a white background (yeah I know it has the orange mane and navy blue keyline, but still). All that to the side, to me anyway, white/orange/white would look pretty dang snazzy for Denver. (Talking about the color order, not the details within it.) But that's just my two rusted Lincolns on the matter. Oh and if, for some reason, white primary helmets do appear, direct all blame and vitriol straight at the NFL Properties offices in New York City...they are the ones who dictate team helmet colors.

I can also see "mountain-striped" sleeve caps becoming a thing just because of course can be a thing.

I've never cared for the half-italic numbers, either, but I feel they had something really going with the focus on honolulu blue and silver--until they started adding plain white pants to the mix. That same uniform set, minus the white pants--except we all know some variant of those is coming with the next set because ICY--and the unnecessary darker gray, would have made for a modern classic, if they could just keep it to blue and silver. But they won't, and I'm pessimistically curious (that ain't a word; I just made it up) as to what kind of numbers they came up with.

Are we sure?

goff5.jpg

Seemed to work well enough for me! (Then again you may have been coming at that from a different angle that I also may have missed...)

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, I think a teal helmet would look pretty slick...well, I know it would becausre there are plenty of concept teal helmets out there already. That said, here's how it'd look with the former uniform set:

dPsUQJf.png

As one can see, it's the flat texture here. (I'd be cool with gloss, also, as will be seen below.) Imagine that with teal pants, for a teal/black/teal look and a teal/white/teal away look.

Coastal Carolina gave us an idea of how that could look a couple seasons ago:

19037919-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

67859316-5226-4118-9c3b-7d590afaac82-ful

post.jpg

I'm all for anything that amps up the teal in Jacksonville. But they'd have to be smart about it...or at least distinctive, which their current uniform set is most certainly not.

https://imgur.com/dPsUQJf

Well, I mean in the current set the silver numbers on the blue jersey don’t work. But the current (not Thanksgiving throwback) numbers also have silver outlines, right? And an italic font?

Block font, no outlining whatsoever, silver numbers on Honolulu blue jersey can work. But we all know that will never be any more than a throwback, at least in the near future. 

Also, very little about the current NFL is smart or distinctive; it isn’t just JAX. Monochrome, strapless pants, plain white socks, teams basically copying one another’s looks in an aesthetic race to the bottom…

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Silver numbers definitely work on Honolulu Blue.....if the font is bold enough to give the numbers enough surface area, which you can see in their Throwbacks above.  The skinny, italicized numbers they use now are both too skinny/small and are the main negative of their current uniforms.

I could see the Jaguars doing a Teal helmet, certainly...though I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a White alternate so that they can do a full icy white/snow jaguar/Tony Khan's cocaine look.  Perhaps enough other teams in the league are using White helmets/alternates that they'll back off that option.  Teal helmets could work for them for sure, when worn with the right combos (of course).

What would be the right combos for a teal helmet? In my head, that would make the Jaguars look like a lighter version of the Eagles.

2 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Are we sure every alternate helmet is a completely new helmet and not just a logo change? Jacksonville would make sense for a Throwback this season. 

No, the teams listed will have a new helmet of some kind. Could be something totally new, could be just a change in paint finish or could be a a simple facemask change. Retailer just has placeholder images so we dont know what they will look like

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Only mask the Browns need...

spacer.png

spacer.png

The hill I'll die on is the should swap grey, white and brown facemasks depending on combos. Grey with brown jersey/white pants, white with brown/orange & white/orange, brown with white throwbacks & any time the insist on brown pants.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

13 minutes ago, Krona said:

The hill I'll die on is the should swap grey, white and brown facemasks depending on combos. Grey with brown jersey/white pants, white with brown/orange & white/orange, brown with white throwbacks & any time the insist on brown pants.

I can live with that.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Krona said:

This . This is the way

• Like 4

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

I like that facemask-swapping idea for the Browns depending on the uniform combinations, especially any league interference notwithstanding.

I wonder how that would go over with league officials from a branding standpoint. Up to this point, they apparently haven't made much of a fuss when teams change their facemask colors. Those have been in generally one-off situations (like the Browns' and Jets' [from before the uniform change] white facemasks) or else a permanent change (like the Bills going to white facemasks). But if a team (that uses its helmet as its logo) did that regularly (resulting in essentially three variations of their logo), I would presume that would give the league pause? It's an interesting thought exercise anyway.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Two changes that need to happen-

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yes to Cleveland.

No to Minny. Tho, white is still better than BFBS mask they're using now.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, Krona said:

Not all that concerned with attaching facemasks to jerseys, but I think the Browns have the ability to look good with brown, white, and gray facemasks, so why not mix and match.

6 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

What would be the right combos for a teal helmet? In my head, that would make the Jaguars look like a lighter version of the Eagles.

Definitely:

Teal/Teal/White/Teal

Teal/White/Teal/White

Teal/White/White/Teal or White

Possibly:

Teal/Black/Teal/Black

Teal/Black/White/Black

Which means we’ll probably only get:

Teal/Teal/Teal/Teal

Teal/Black/Black/Black

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Are we sure every alternate helmet is a completely new helmet and not just a logo change? Jacksonville would make sense for a Throwback this season. 

This is most likely what it is.  Aren’t they rumored to be doing a Throwback uni this season?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I don't think  the Packers can change their alternate uniform yet, so I'm betting it will be a literal gold helmet with a single green stripe.

So basically old gold with a dark green stripe. Ok, that makes sense. I was afraid they would have a reverse helmet which is green with the white/athletic gold/white stripes. I was going to check out on that deal.

• Like 1