2024 NFL Changes

41 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I feel like every single Nike/NFL redesign has come with the announcement in one form or another that the new uniform will respect the past while embracing the future.  It just seems to be something they say.  It's meaningless at this point.

They also say every time that the players have seen them and rave about them.  That's most likely meaningless also, not that it matters. Player have absolutely horrendous taste in uniforms.

“Our City”

”Hard Working Citizens”

”Honoring Past Embracing Future”

”Culture” (shows a building or art that’s in the city)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not using these as a base was a huge mistake 

spacer.png

I would take the red jersey and flip the word and block number colors to white with black trim and eliminate the red pants and use white pants with black and red stripes. Then that would be the best uniforms ever.

Is this the color rush by the way? If you eliminate the red pants and use white pants from their throwbacks, then this wouldn't even look bad at all.

BLUE COLLAR, because marketers will have you believe that every city is BLUE COLLAR and that everyone in every city BRINGS THEIR LUNCH TO WORK IN A PAIL.  If you'll excuse me, I'm off to my management job in a downtown office building where I'm going to post on blogs about how certain athletes aren't "philly guys" because they're not BLUE COLLAR like me.  Hopefully my assistant doesn't disturb me by bringing me my coffee while I'm in the middle of posting.

• Like 9
  • LOL 9

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I cant wait for the official Broncos colors to get renamed to some goofy :censored: like-

• Mountain Sunrise Orange

• Rocky Range Blue

• Snow Cap White

The funny thing is the Broncos started that whole thing up when they started using navy. The Broncos called it "Broncos Navy" even though it matched the Cowboys and Chargers. But if that's the worst thing to happen with the Broncos' new uniforms, I call that a win.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I cant wait for the official Broncos colors to get renamed to some goofy :censored: like-

• Mountain Sunrise Orange

• Rocky Range Blue

• Snow Cap White

Don't forget Elway Silver.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It’s gonna be hard to top the time Nike matched the airport carpet for some basketball team.  

Yeah, people love that carpet out here. I never saw one of the “Oregon” jerseys in the wild, but the PDX carpet gear is everywhere. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

"We're disrespecting our past while also dishonoring our future." Actually, that's what the half-gradient-helmet Jags set did.

Those disrespected and dishonored everyone on earth with halfway-decent taste. Even the players hated them. 

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

BLUE COLLAR, because marketers will have you believe that every city is BLUE COLLAR and that everyone in every city BRINGS THEIR LUNCH TO WORK IN A PAIL.  If you'll excuse me, I'm off to my management job in a downtown office building where I'm going to post on blogs about how certain athletes aren't "philly guys" because they're not BLUE COLLAR like me.  Hopefully my assistant doesn't disturb me by bringing me my coffee while I'm in the middle of posting.

Oxford blue!

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It’s gonna be hard to top the time Nike matched the airport carpet for some basketball team.  

As a non Oregonian, that carpet is seemingly iconic, and I've definitely known about that carpet for years. I wanna say Dame had shoes that had some carpet elements too..?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

The brown remains unchanged.

IbjBaeE.png

4 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I can’t wait for the chest patch to be

/\/\/\
DNVR

What's really bizarre to me is that LA Rams are still the only one to have that weird little patch on their jersey. Every other team doesn't have it, makes me wonder if that's something that will come off at some point.

5 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

What's really bizarre to me is that LA Rams are still the only one to have that weird little patch on their jersey. Every other team doesn't have it, makes me wonder if that's something that will come off at some point.

Is that bizarre? That's part of that specific redesign. That's like saying we are surprised other teams didn't use the weird plastic shoulder things on the V.1 Nike Jaguars uniforms 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

This is year 5 of the Rams design, so they could remove those next year. But I don't know if the Rams switching the white and gray jerseys resets the clock or not.