2024 NFL Changes

9 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I’d be shocked if they did, as it would have been added back into the primary logo and it hasn’t been.

Black as a Color Rush alt?  Fair chance.  But the logo still doesn’t jive - I would bet they’ll retain last year’s Blue alt helmet for whatever they do with that uniform.

Prediction:  Barry Sanders-era primary Home & Away sets, longstanding Thanksgiving Throwbacks, and an all-Blue, modern Color Rush uni that works with last year’s Blue helmet.

Can confirm Lions will have at least 1 new helmet. Unsure of color but know a new helmet is coming. (might be new alternate or primary)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Googled this also -- It was Eric Dickerson who opted out of TSB, partly because of the truncated name. I knew that story had applied to someone. Just assumed Cunningham because of his lengthy name

According to UW, Dickerson was "Dicker" in TB, but wasn't in TSB because of a dispute over his NIL, but they omitted him altogether rather than go with "RB Colts".  I didn't remember this.  I have the original game, so may try to validate this later.

And apparently the "QB Club" thing may not have happened until after TSB, but the three QBs that were omitted (including Cunningham) had already left the NFLPA.

https://uni-watch.com/more-than-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-tecmo-super-bowl/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I’d be shocked if they did, as it would have been added back into the primary logo and it hasn’t been.

Black as a Color Rush alt?  Fair chance.  But the logo still doesn’t jive - I would bet they’ll retain last year’s Blue alt helmet for whatever they do with that uniform.

Prediction:  Barry Sanders-era primary Home & Away sets, longstanding Thanksgiving Throwbacks, and an all-Blue, modern Color Rush uni that works with last year’s Blue helmet.

If your prediction came true I'd be beyond thrilled. The Barry era with the current logo is my dream. I know sadly they're going to force mono white and mono blue in some how. I do hope the thanksgiving throwbacks survive.

• Like 5

I know we're not allowed to talk about the Browns here, but is the facemask white? Is it finally happening?!

mens-new-era-graphite-cleveland-browns-o

It's definitely not brown that's for sure. The normal logo would have a white stroke around the darker facemask.

mens-47-black-cleveland-browns-ballpark-

Also this:

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Small news, but the Patriots are adding captain's patches to their jerseys starting next year.

I have personally always found them kind of tacky and was glad we didn't have them.

Are there any remaining holdouts in the NFL?

Ravens dont use them

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ptay said:

If you're a fan of a team with new uniforms/logos on the way, you should not be worried nor excited. It's all about acceptance. 

You already know they're going to look like crap........ mono looks out the wazoo, plain, all-white "socks" (aka leggings), weird numeral fonts, no stripes on the pants. 

Acceptance is the key. Expect absolute garbage and you'll be at peace. 

Don't forget sparkly helmet logo and large city wordmark across chest.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bowld said:

Ravens wore these during practice last year- makes me wonder if they go this route with the black uni--

spacer.png

Best they've ever looked.  

They're really just a number font, helmet stripe, and wordmark update away from being excellent (especially if they'd commit full-time to the Purple pants).  This Purple fill, Gold outline look is really nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bowld said:

Can confirm Lions will have at least 1 new helmet. Unsure of color but know a new helmet is coming. (might be new alternate or primary)

Interesting.  How do you know that?

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

No color version for the Browns either, only monochrome. Speaking of which, are the Browns hiding in plain sight that they are officially changing back to white facemasks?

Probably not, but one can hope.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

BB52Big.jpg

45 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Interesting.  How do you know that?

A retailer has them listed as getting a new helmet for 2024 and uses a placeholder coming soon image

• Like 1

Total and complete speculation on my part, but I'm also willing to bet on white *ahem* snowcapped helmets (which last year was a trial run for)—I'm not yet ready to bet on them being primary helmets, but I've been wrong before. The mountain stripes on the sleeve caps seems like a no-brainer...and in the grand scheme of things really isn't the worst thing in the world.

The thing I'm most concerned about is that this BRONCOS uniforms set turns into a COLORADO/CITY CONNECT uniform moreso than a Broncos uniform update...especially if the rumored "ice blue" is actually a thing (which i hope it won't be). But I guess we'll wait and see....

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, bowld said:

So the leaked info may have actually been correct then. White helmet and mountains on sleeves...yuck

That "leaked" info came from a guy who also "leaked" that the Broncos were signing Tom Brady lol. It was completely made up. And honestly it's not hard at all to guess that the Broncos would incorporate some local stuff into new uniforms. Nike always does. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Will it be like how the Rockies, Avalanche, and Nuggets have a mountain on their team logos? 

I'm thinking there might be some elements of the Colorado flag - for example, the monogram C of the Colorado flag.

rAUPGPZ.png