2024 NFL Changes

13 minutes ago, tBBP said:
1 hour ago, mmejia said:

The most common elements of Colorado are quartzite, sandstone, agate, and gabbro. So make of that what you will. 

And weed. And fentanyl. And too many soccer moms rolling around in Chevrolet Tahoes.

"The joint the horse is smoking represents the indomitable free spirit of the frontier that still lives today in Colorado. The sandstone and icy blue highlights on the pants stripes are a tribute to the Xanax addicted soccer moms who populate the Denver suburbs. The sublimated 5.2  at the top of the left pants stripe recognizes the miles per gallon they get in their Chevy Tahoes."

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7

BB52Big.jpg

8 hours ago, HOOVER said:

If the Ravens just kept it limited to these two looks, fixed (or removed) their helmet stripe and updated their workmark, number font, and "B" logo on the hip, they'd have a modern classic.  Unfortunately, those few elements severely date this set:

Ravens-defense-2023-copy.jpg

usatsi_21980021_168403188_lowres.jpg

They need to just pay the artist that came up with the original shield logo. It was so much better. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Small news, but the Patriots are adding captain's patches to their jerseys starting next year.

I have personally always found them kind of tacky and was glad we didn't have them.

Are there any remaining holdouts in the NFL?

Steelers and Ravens are the only ones I believe. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Small news, but the Patriots are adding captain's patches to their jerseys starting next year.

I have personally always found them kind of tacky and was glad we didn't have them.

Are there any remaining holdouts in the NFL?

I don't think the Packers have captain patches anymore, almost like Aaron Rodgers took it away from them or something.

bSLCtu2.png

"Understanding our surroundings from a geographic standpoint, there will be nods to that and I think people be really excited about it."

Could be as simple as Nike putting the Mile High City elevation inside the collar or something like that. He just said "nods." I don't think this means guaranteed mountains on the sleeves and/or the Colorado state flag on the uniform. 

35 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I don't think the Packers have captain patches anymore, almost like Aaron Rodgers took it away from them or something.

They wear them in the post-season.

32 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Could be as simple as Nike putting the Mile High City elevation inside the collar or something like that. He just said "nods." I don't think this means guaranteed mountains on the sleeves and/or the Colorado state flag on the uniform. 

This is Nike we're talking about. Of course it does. 

41 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

"Understanding our surroundings from a geographic standpoint, there will be nods to that and I think people be really excited about it."

Narrator: They weren't excited. In fact, they thought it was all very stupid.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Thank you. It's nice to see someone urging calm while we wait. Something simple like that would be fine. With any luck, the design will be something like the Orange Crush uniforms in their current colors.

I think the Broncos could have just removed the side panels on the jerseys and changed the pants to have a classic stripe design, but hopefully they'll have something good to show. The Chargers had an improved primary set, so Nike can come up with good designs. I just want to see a new NFL uniform that actually looks like an NFL uniform.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, timjameskohler said:

My favorite Broncos uniforms, drunk horse and all! 

Nah, it's time for them to return to the best jerseys of all time!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Hurl 1
  • Eyeroll 2

rAUPGPZ.png

Given Nike’s recent track record, I’d expect a horrible number font, striping that looks weird and only serves to prevent counterfeiting, and maybe some weird nameplate to try and desensitize people toward potential ads in the future 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

They wear them in the post-season.

Some teams have rotating captains during regular season (hence no patch) and then permanent ones for playoffs (hence patch). The eagles were a team that didn’t use regular season captains or patches until the Pederson era, but I think they had post season patches before the.  

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."