2024 NFL Changes

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

Since we're back to Texanjacking it seems, here's this. Not a leak of any kind, just some guy's concept on Instagram. But I will say the red version is kinda...interesting:

MgKxs1s.jpeg

d7BUcwq.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5JfO9pR-bC/?igsh=M2RvcW96b3FkZTJo

Giving me serious Delaware State vibes, but I...think I...really...like it??? (!). And now that I'm looking at this far more intensely than I should probably be legally allowed, IF the Texans were to use the light blue in this way—as a secondary to their red—I could completely see this being a potential future colorway for them. (Of course, naturally a light blue alt would pop up down the line somewhere, but still.)  Funnily enough, it'd also be among the more unique looks in the league despite the individual colors themselves being quite common in pro sports.

Would the Texans even be allowed to use light blue on an alternate? Isn't the rule that alternate colors have to be present on the primary home or road, or be a historical color? And the league has been very clear that the Oilers are NOT part of the Texans' history. So unless they sneak a bit of light blue onto the home jersey, I don't think we'll see a red and light blue alt, as good as those colors would look.

• Like 1

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Would the Texans even be allowed to use light blue on an alternate? Isn't the rule that alternate colors have to be present on the primary home or road, or be a historical color? And the league has been very clear that the Oilers are NOT part of the Texans' history. So unless they sneak a bit of light blue onto the home jersey, I don't think we'll see a red and light blue alt, as good as those colors would look.

Nike would probably LOVE to kill 2 birds with one stone here by making the swoosh light blue on the jerseys so it stands out more and also qualifies the Texans to do this. Same way the Colts made the swoosh black (or anthracite or whatever dumb :censored: they called it).

• Like 2

I should probably clarify my previous post. The particular hue of blue in that concept looks to be more cyan rather  than columbia blue. That may make the difference in whether the Texans could conceivably use that colorway in the future...so long as it's subordinate to red. 

(And the more I sit and think about it, I think the more I'd like to see that happen... 🤔)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

27 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I should probably clarify my previous post. The particular hue of blue in that concept looks to be more cyan rather  than columbia blue. That may make the difference in whether the Texans could conceivably use that colorway in the future...so long as it's subordinate to red. 

(And the more I sit and think about it, I think the more I'd like to see that happen... 🤔)

Houszona Texabacks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Still kinda want the Texans to have red numbers like the Color Rush uniform.

usatsi_21935067.jpg

That will not look great. The color rush was a one-time deal, the new uniforms are better off with white numbers with red, navy, or Houston blue trim.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

Chargers have 2 different blue alternate sets that aren't on the primary uniform or primary logo.

Also I would guess like someone mentioned its a shade of light blue but not the same shade as the oilers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Chargers have 2 different blue alternate sets that aren't on the primary uniform or primary logo.

Also I would guess like someone mentioned its a shade of light blue but not the same shade as the oilers.

I think with the Chargers, they’re hugging a fine line between “yeah this is definitely a ‘throwback’” & “Shut up and take the money in jersey sales”

9 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I think with the Chargers, they’re hugging a fine line between “yeah this is definitely a ‘throwback’” & “Shut up and take the money in jersey sales”

Yes, the original "rules" for Color Rush uniforms was that teams could use a color that was historical to the franchise... which is why the Jets' Color Rush is kelly green back when their main uniform was that ugly dark nike green.  The Chargers' two rather pointless alternates  were coat-tailing on Color Rush when they debuted them. 

But that doesn't help the Texans to shoe horn in light blue, since that isn't historical to the team. 

My guess is they will have very little trouble finding some small (but still annoying) way to slip some light blue onto the primary road uniform as an excuse to have a light blue alt. It's the reason we got stuck with such an ugly disconnect between the Commies' home and road.  The 49ers once made an all black uniform based on (presumably) the small trim on the helmet logo, and the Colts pulled it off just by making the Nike logo black on the road jersey only.

We are truly in the worst timeline for NFL uniforms. (Although, one look at the NBA will tell you it could get even worse.)

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Royal blue and navy are historical colors for the chargers. Ever since Color Rush, historical colors aren't contained to just throwbacks.

The exact shade of the light blue isn't the issue for the Texans, it's that the color would not be present on the home and away, and is not part of franchise history. But also, the Oilers Titans can't claim exclusive rights to a single shade of blue, no matter how much they want to. They can own the name that they call it, but the Texans could use the same shade and just call it something else.

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Houszona Texabacks?

Think you may be confusing cyan for turquoise there...

• LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

27 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Think you may be confusing cyan for turquoise there...

Cyan, at least in terms of digital displays, is equal parts blue and green. Would turquoise maybe be a pinch more to the green side? I think they are close anyway. 

45 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Royal blue and navy are historical colors for the chargers. Ever since Color Rush, historical colors aren't contained to just throwbacks.

The exact shade of the light blue isn't the issue for the Texans, it's that the color would not be present on the home and away, and is not part of franchise history. But also, the Oilers Titans can't claim exclusive rights to a single shade of blue, no matter how much they want to. They can own the name that they call it, but the Texans could use the same shade and just call it something else.

Like Wolf gray and Patriot gray.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

48 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yes, the original "rules" for Color Rush uniforms was that teams could use a color that was historical to the franchise... which is why the Jets' Color Rush is kelly green back when their main uniform was that ugly dark nike green.  The Chargers' two rather pointless alternates  were coat-tailing on Color Rush when they debuted them. 

But that doesn't help the Texans to shoe horn in light blue, since that isn't historical to the team. 

My guess is they will have very little trouble finding some small (but still annoying) way to slip some light blue onto the primary road uniform as an excuse to have a light blue alt. It's the reason we got stuck with such an ugly disconnect between the Commies' home and road.  The 49ers once made an all black uniform based on (presumably) the small trim on the helmet logo, and the Colts pulled it off just by making the Nike logo black on the road jersey only.

We are truly in the worst timeline for NFL uniforms. (Although, one look at the NBA will tell you it could get even worse.)

Thats probably what they wind up doing. The Nike logos will be columbia blue on the homes or something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burgundy said:

But it's a rebrand (or refresh if we're being more accurate) so they could switch to purple and green in theory and there would be no rule against that, would there?

22 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

But it's a rebrand (or refresh if we're being more accurate) so they could switch to purple and green in theory and there would be no rule against that, would there?

Yeah, they could conceivably change their color scheme to whatever but the alternative uniform still needs to be a color from their primary color scheme.  So they can’t switch to purple and green, and then have a yellow alternate without having yellow somewhere in their main uniforms. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Yeah, I get the feeling this will be lighter and greener than Columbia blue. 

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I was of the understanding that the “Houston blue” would be trim-only even on the alt(s). 

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Interesting how the Titans are bringing back their light blue jersey soon after the Texans try to incorporate it into their uniforms. 🤨  It's a battle over the light blue.

…the light blue which neither team truly wants to fully embrace anyway. 

Lions details starting to trickle out.

The confirmed things that we already knew/assumed are that the Lions pants will be more compatible with mixing-and-matching looks (Lions currently have 5 pairs of pants, but only two can be paired with the home-blue jerseys) and the numbers will be easier to read (return of white numbers or white outlines).

Among the new details:

WCF Patch

The William Clay Ford patch is not going completely away, but it is changing to something new
Many fans have complained about the “WCF” patch on uniforms honoring the late William Clay Ford Sr., who was the team’s owner from 1961-2013 when the team had just one total playoff win during that entire span. In his group media session, Wood revealed they are finding a different way to honor Ford.

“We’re going to treat that in a little different way. I’m not going to tease exactly how it is. It’s going to be honored, but not in the same way it was on the current uniforms.”

Alternate Helmet

Last year, the Lions unveiled a new, chrome-blue alternate helmet. While most seemed to like the helmet, it clearly clashed with the all-gray uniforms they were paired with (and had to be paired with by NFL rules). Wood told Twentyman the alternate helmets are going to be back, but they’ll be a little different this time around.

“The alternate helmets will be back, and maybe a little updated version of the alternate helmets. So stay tuned.”

Here's to hoping that the William Clay Ford tribute is reduced to a "hanger effect" inner collar styling or something far less noticeable; as for the blue helmet, my best guess is the blue finish sticks around with a new facemask color (since the dark grey uniforms are gone) and helmet decal (no longer team's 90th anniversary).

While the jersey may not be accurate, check out the black Nike swooshes... it may speak to the return of the black alternate jersey.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GFB said:

Lions details starting to trickle out.

The confirmed things that we already knew/assumed are that the Lions pants will be more compatible with mixing-and-matching looks (Lions currently have 5 pairs of pants, but only two can be paired with the home-blue jerseys) and the numbers will be easier to read (return of white numbers or white outlines).

Among the new details:

WCF Patch

Alternate Helmet

Here's to hoping that the William Clay Ford tribute is reduced to a "hanger effect" inner collar styling or something far less noticeable; as for the blue helmet, my best guess is the blue finish sticks around with a new facemask color (since the dark grey uniforms are gone) and helmet decal (no longer team's 90th anniversary).

While the jersey may not be accurate, check out the black Nike swooshes... it may speak to the return of the black alternate jersey.

Glad to hear the alt helmet will be updated as I didn’t care for it.  Rotating pants might get really scary.  More legible numbers and less WCF is a win.

I’d bet that LaPorta jersey is some kind of CityConnect fan jersey series; the NFL would never let a team put a Black & White Shield logo on the collar for a gameday uniform.