2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, I get the feeling this will be lighter and greener than Columbia blue. 

I was of the understanding that the “Houston blue” would be trim-only even on the alt(s). 

…the light blue which neither team truly wants to fully embrace anyway. 

I've heard the same about the H-Town Blue.

I know their VP mentioned that the light blue color has a history in Houston outside of football/oilers, so I'm curious which route they decide to go with the story.

He specifically mentioned the old police cars and the street tiles.

Screen_Shot_2019-11-23_at_1.51.04_PM_102

a4217aa2-134e-47f3-bfab-357b837316e2_114

36 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

I've heard the same about the H-Town Blue.

I know their VP mentioned that the light blue color has a history in Houston outside of football/oilers, so I'm curious which route they decide to go with the story.

He specifically mentioned the old police cars and the street tiles.

Screen_Shot_2019-11-23_at_1.51.04_PM_102

a4217aa2-134e-47f3-bfab-357b837316e2_114

The tile color looks very much like Oiler blue to me. The police car color looks lighter and more powdery, almost like Carolina blue, if perhaps a bit more saturated. Not sure we’ve had a light blue *that* light in the NFL before. 

I hate to derail the talk about the Texans/Lions/Broncos, but last week I was in a Buffalo Wild Wings near Jacksonville FL and saw this:

Well, shoot, I can't seem to figure out how to upload a saved image...it's a current Jags helmet with a teal stripe down the center and a teal facemask...one of those Miller Lite electric bar signs.  Anyone know if it was a prototype that was considered at the time, or just one of those examples of 'creative license' taken by the manufacturer?

(Never mind, I just changed my profile photo instead...curse all this new-fangled technology!)

8 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

That will not look great. The color rush was a one-time deal, the new uniforms are better off with white numbers with red, navy, or Houston blue trim.

I'm biased (my favorite team features red numbers on a blue jersey) but I completely disagree. I've always been a proponent of the Texans embracing red more to differentiate themselves from the other navy/red teams, and I was disappointed to find out that the new road uniforms will replace their red/navy trim numbers with navy/red trim numbers. I was hoping that the red alternate would serve as the basis for the new uniforms.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GFB said:

Lions details starting to trickle out.

The confirmed things that we already knew/assumed are that the Lions pants will be more compatible with mixing-and-matching looks (Lions currently have 5 pairs of pants, but only two can be paired with the home-blue jerseys) and the numbers will be easier to read (return of white numbers or white outlines).

Among the new details:

WCF Patch

Alternate Helmet

Here's to hoping that the William Clay Ford tribute is reduced to a "hanger effect" inner collar styling or something far less noticeable; as for the blue helmet, my best guess is the blue finish sticks around with a new facemask color (since the dark grey uniforms are gone) and helmet decal (no longer team's 90th anniversary).

While the jersey may not be accurate, check out the black Nike swooshes... it may speak to the return of the black alternate jersey.

Please at least add blue striping to white pants. No mono-color pants, please.

I'm a little less afraid for the Lions new set than I was previously (going off a quote from the team president a year or two ago about the new set being a more significant change than the 2017 set, which he referred to as a tweaking.)

Overall, if there's no mono-color pants and the all gray set is gone, I guess I'll consider it a win, even though I rather liked the 2017 set overall as long as the right combos were used. Oh, and it'd be nice if we get true silver back, rather than dull gray.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

I'm a little less afraid for the Lions new set than I was previously (going off a quote from the team president a year or two ago about the new set being a more significant change than the 2017 set, which he referred to as a tweaking.)

Overall, if there's no mono-color pants and the all gray set is gone, I guess I'll consider it a win, even though I rather liked the 2017 set overall as long as the right combos were used. Oh, and it'd be nice if we get true silver back, rather than dull gray.

Stripes would definitely help for the pants. Assuming they just use silver, blue, and white for the pants colors, they should do something like this:

White pants: silver/blue/silver

Blue pants: silver/white/silver

Silver pants: blue/white/blue

I consider the Lions to be a classic team, so a classic pattern would work best for them. Personally, I'd prefer they only use silver pants and blue socks, but if they must mix and match they should still look like the Lions in any combo.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

Not sure if it was already posted. No new uniforms for the Seahawks. 

Bad news, although not surprising. Their uniforms aren't good and the team has been mostly average since they won their Super Bowl in them. Russ is gone, LOB is gone, Carroll is gone...Idk what they're trying to hold onto exactly. The navy blue is so stale.

• Like 4
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

18 hours ago, ruttep said:

I'm biased (my favorite team features red numbers on a blue jersey) but I completely disagree. I've always been a proponent of the Texans embracing red more to differentiate themselves from the other navy/red teams, and I was disappointed to find out that the new road uniforms will replace their red/navy trim numbers with navy/red trim numbers. I was hoping that the red alternate would serve as the basis for the new uniforms.

I understand the red jerseys and red helmets. But red numbers with white trim on navy blue would look bad. I can see it being a black jersey and the red being a little lighter (Kansas City Chief style red), but with the look, I can't see the navy blue jerseys having red numbers.

The red jerseys with Houston blue numbers with white trim would look very beautiful with Houston blue helmets. That would be a very beautiful look for the team.

4 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

Well I'm gonna assume this is the new number font and the cursive font for "release date" will be a new script logo for the broncos

Pretty standard for graphics like these to use different fonts than what is used on uniform. I wouldn't assume either of those things

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

Well I'm gonna assume this is the new number font and the cursive font for "release date" will be a new script logo for the broncos

spacer.png

I'm wondering if, instead of blocks of different colors, that we see a sublimated mountain design on the sleeve caps for both home and away jerseys.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

Looks like some Ravens players wouldn’t mind a return of gold pants, even if it was an April Fool’s joke.

spacer.png

Sure, if they went with this striping and made the shade of gold less mustardy. There's definitely potential there.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Nike: “You’ll get dull grey and like it!”

4 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Bad news, although not surprising. Their uniforms aren't good and the team has been mostly average since they won their Super Bowl in them. Russ is gone, LOB is gone, Carroll is gone...Idk what they're trying to hold onto exactly. The navy blue is so stale.

It’s because navy blue is the second-most-intimidating color out there, behind only black. 🙄