2024 NFL Changes

18 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

USF did a much better job with their horn sleeve design in the mid-2010s. Would've looked better without the contrasting sleeves though.

Final Thoughts: USF vs. FSU

Birmingham Bowl grades: Flowers fuels USF win over South Carolina

Highly disagree. Even ignoring the sleeves I don't like anything about these. The shape of the horn is awkward and doesn't read well. The taper stripes add motion in the wrong direction. It makes way more sense to have the horns coming forward rather than being hid toward the back side.

Texans look good IMO. I agree that red numbers & socks would liven it up and they didn't need to go so dark with the navy but that's pretty standard.

• Like 3

It's a very interesting contrast debuting the Texans new road uniforms against the Bears.

1920x0.jpg

I actually think the horns are fairly well executed. They aren't stretching in odd shapes (at least not that I've seen) and provide more or less the intended effect. I think going with more red on the pant stripe was the right call and I would definitely welcome red socks.

If I have one complaint its that the horns aren't connected to the helmet logo but it feels like they should be. The horns are basically an abstracted version of the logo but it's not so abstract that the mind (at least a mind hyper focused on uniform details) can't quite let it go.

I wonder it the uniform would look better overall by using a version of H mark on the helemt?

7X0sME2.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It's a very interesting contrast debuting the Texans new road uniforms against the Bears.

1920x0.jpg

I actually think the horns are fairly well executed. They aren't stretching in odd shapes (at least not that I've seen) and provide more or less the intended effect. I think going with more red on the pant stripe was the right call and I would definitely welcome red socks.

If I have one complaint its that the horns aren't connected to the helmet logo but it feels like they should be. The horns are basically an abstracted version of the logo but it's not so abstract that the mind (at least a mind hyper focused on uniform details) can't quite let it go.

I wonder it the uniform would look better overall by using a version of H mark on the helemt?

7X0sME2.png

They do use a version of the H mark on the helmet…it’s just tiny and way in the back. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Honestly not the worst uniforms of all time, they're just clearly inferior to the originals. I just think every subtle change was for the worse.

The top one had some life with the red numbers and socks. The new one is dull. Not terrible, just not very interesting. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Honestly not the worst uniforms of all time, they're just clearly inferior to the originals. I just think every subtle change was for the worse.

Respectfully disagree in every way.  These are a marked improvement.

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

They’re doing it 2/17 right, anyway. 

If the Chiefs wear White over White, this will be one of the best-looking games all season.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The crescent stripes on the originals look wispy and insubstantial compared to the new horn stripes.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

22 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I wish the Navy was lighter, but it looks like a marked improvement so far

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

On 8/5/2024 at 12:59 PM, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'll wait to see if the Texans recreate their initial look, but both have parts that stick out because of the red socks.

The new uniform, the pants will go much better with the red socks because of the stripe, but the jersey's use of red as an accent will make them stick out.

The old one has the problem of red being the accent color on the pants, but matching the jersey better. I wish we had seen the old Color Rush pants with red socks to see if they would have been better balanced. 

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

17 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

I'll wait to see if the Texans recreate their initial look, but both have parts that stick out because of the red socks.

The new uniform, the pants will go much better with the red socks because of the stripe, but the jersey's use of red as an accent will make them stick out.

The old one has the problem of red being the accent color on the pants, but matching the jersey better. I wish we had seen the old Color Rush pants with red socks to see if they would have been better balanced. 

(Mod Edit: Image Removed due to sizing issues)

Wish granted (GUD version). It does help balance out the red. I don't think the new versions of these elements on the Texans' uniforms will work so well, though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

thumbnail?provider=spo&farmid=192071&inputFormat=png&cs=MDAwMDAwMDAtMDAwMC0wMDAwLTAwMDAtMDAwMDQ4MTcxMGE0fFNQTw&docid=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.microsoftpersonalcontent.com%2F_api%2Fv2.0%2Fdrives%2Fb!IEDzf_YejEeWthY6SJjeGH9dfjm1EplOjIXS3ZIs80QWq8OD-2PaTIFlspJUI495%2Fitems%2F01WVHT77NUOQMM4NNODBELXRNPL7F236XY%3Ftempauth%3Dv1e.eyJzaXRlaWQiOiI3ZmYzNDAyMC0xZWY2LTQ3OGMtOTZiNi0xNjNhNDg5OGRlMTgiLCJhcHBpZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAwLTAwMDAtMDAwMC0wMDAwLTAwMDA0ODE3MTBhNCIsImF1ZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAzLTAwMDAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMC9teS5taWNyb3NvZnRwZXJzb25hbGNvbnRlbnQuY29tQDkxODgwNDBkLTZjNjctNGM1Yi1iMTEyLTM2YTMwNGI2NmRhZCIsImV4cCI6IjE3MjMwMTA0MDAifQ.kkqIk06HNBmBU2LIgrh6w6op3MG17TD-C2wuv9yfTdZLqf1TAwlbdqx5FEnRhdwpawTLSPiM3UJk5q84aL1x3F4JjdsKQdcgRUbmYg5y7PRz4ZXMH9kG2TwadmVDLE-MP2UfguMOjutsxh_NVXlv9A-NqoCz76gE4QVS49v7XZO5K45uUaoDrLhfpOdBh_04iiN9V85EO3A1_fcsPUqWrGB2GHeF5tU08oOxS_v-owq7mJ0d-0c9p7FHlrZpk5INkr1V8YurHP3IWIs3JO9Yma2UvkJshSnW7Q0uPCAQJoq1HdHAUtko47iK_nBsPndb3S5cwXgGzW6lOBgZFp3901hBwZqmUKGkLLXk1mtlBzA.fIWfJUILPj_ocfTBZ_hAigIRRj1Jyy7fF1JUoktF72o%26version%3DPublished&cb=63858591971&encodeFailures=1&width=400&height=500

Wish granted (GUD version). It does help balance out the red. I don't think the new versions of these elements on the Texans' uniforms will work so well, though.

I think your link's broken - I assume you wanted to show something like this

spacer.png

tbh you still can't really see the pants stripes on this one either

• Like 1