2024 NFL Changes

On 8/17/2024 at 2:29 PM, SSmith48 said:

Chiefs vs Lions in the KC sun is absolutely beautiful to watch. The Lions need pant stripes, yes, but the bright colors play together very well here between the two teams.

Also, kudos to Detroit for going with white socks instead of blue.

Detroit won in this combo so maybe they will keep with it. 

The new broncos uniform just looks unfinished. The short white pants stripe, the zig zag in the sleeve cap and color that doesn’t go to the bottom, the half collar color, and the helmet “stripe” that’s only on the back.

7 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

In both cases, the socks are the color of the numbers. In the case of the Falcons, those red socks are only used as a trim color, so it's a color that isn't used enough anywhere else. It would be akin to the Vikings wearing yellow socks, or the Dolphins wearing orange socks.

Except the pant stripe is entirely red. 

Generally I think socks should match jersey, numerals, or pant stripe. Preferably two of the three. But never white. 

7 hours ago, tBBP said:

Completely unrelated to the uniform topic discussion...but can someone tell me just exactly what the freak is going on in this photo in context??

I say the best way the Texans could have differentiated themselves was by picking a completely different colorway from the onset...but Texo-jingoism apparently won out and, well, this is what we're stuck with. Granted, Houston can still so that someday down the line, but they probably won't. They could at least brighten up the red, though.

And the reason for this is the red jersey numbers, which the red socks help a/ balance and b/ bring out. (This is another reason why the Texans should have kept the red road numbers...but I digress.)

The Texans actually just did brighten their shade of red. There’s just not enough red on their standard home and road sets for it to be obvious. If you go back to the reveal and look at the picture they posted of the H-Town alt with red socks, you’ll see just how bright that red is. It’s Pantone 185 C, which had long ago fallen out of fashion in favor of the darker 186 and the rather boring 200. I for one am glad to see 185’s return to the NFL. I’d also like to see 485 come back, but I’m thankful for what I’ve got. 

• Like 2

I firmly believe the Falcons will just update their throwback uniforms to include their current logo set. They’ll definitely change this upcoming offseason.

We’ll get black home, white away, and red alt jerseys that resemble their throwbacks. I also think we’ll potentially get silver pants.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Except the pant stripe is entirely red. 

Generally I think socks should match jersey, numerals, or pant stripe. Preferably two of the three. But never white. 

So? It's still a tertiary color that isn't present in sufficient amount to merit use as a sock color, just like the two examples I listed. Add gold socks for the Ravens, red socks for the Titans, black socks for the Jets or 49ers (all of these are using the base home uniform as an example).

It's where I sit.

52 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

So? It's still a tertiary color that isn't present in sufficient amount to merit use as a sock color, just like the two examples I listed. Add gold socks for the Ravens, red socks for the Titans, black socks for the Jets or 49ers (all of these are using the base home uniform as an example).

There’s way more red in the Falcons’ uniforms than any of those other colors in their respective uniforms. 

13 hours ago, GFB said:

Yeah, but the Texans navy blue comes from a very specific place:

texas-flag-fully-sewn-design-usa-flag-co

If anything, they should have made the blue lighter, not darker, to better match the flag.

You realize that is light bouncing off the flag. Also, the sky is blue too which makes it look lighter. If you bought the flag, the blue is a lot darker than that. The sunlight and the blue sky give off the light color to that deep blue.

14 hours ago, GFB said:

Yeah, but the Texans navy blue comes from a very specific place:

texas-flag-fully-sewn-design-usa-flag-co

If anything, they should have made the blue lighter, not darker, to better match the flag.

Again so I can reply to this with evidence, this is what the flag would look like if it was not near sunlight or if the skies were grey and cloudy,

depositphotos_117260186-stock-photo-the-

This is what the flag actually looks like in normal lighting. See, the one you showed was in sunlight and blue skies which would bounce off the blue and create a blue hue in lighting making the deep navy blue look more like just a dark royal blue.

On 8/17/2024 at 12:46 PM, fouhy12 said:

I like these Texans uniforms. Sharp. 

usa_today_24018497.jpg

This is a rare well lit photo from NRG stadium...but only because a hurricane recently destroyed some of the roof panels.

I think the new set is solid. Fun fact, the new shade of Red, University Red, was the same shade CJ Stroud wore at Ohio State.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

You realize that is light bouncing off the flag. Also, the sky is blue too which makes it look lighter. If you bought the flag, the blue is a lot darker than that. The sunlight and the blue sky give off the light color to that deep blue.

Texas flag Blue and Red:

spacer.png spacer.png

vs. Houston Texans Deep Steel Blue and Battle Red:

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, McCall said:

Not true. Ohio State uses pantone 200, the Texans new shade is pantone 185.

Well it was described as so a few times by the FO

To be fair, they've also said multiple times they're "going back" to the original deep steel blue, but that's kinda nonsense, Nike's previous blue for them was maybe a touch lighter, but this new shade is significantly darker, literally almost black (described as "Yankees navy"

On 8/17/2024 at 5:25 PM, 4_tattoos said:

I'm watching this game right now. They don't need stripes to improve upon the look IMO. Honestly feel adding stripes would be a lateral move for their blue pants.

Striped pants are not always needed for a uniform to look good. 

2004-st-louis-rams-.jpg

I think the stripeless looked better when the jerseys had side panels. 

20 minutes ago, Ark said:

Anti-shoutout here to Bud Adams, thanks a lot bro

May he rot in perdition. 

21 hours ago, ruttep said:

I still think the best way the Texans could've differentiated themselves was by making red the primary home uniform and become the one team with a red/blue color scheme to be red dominant instead of blue dominant.

giphy.webp

Especially since now the red and white jerseys are now paint fill symmetrical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

Well it was described as so a few times by the FO

To be fair, they've also said multiple times they're "going back" to the original deep steel blue, but that's kinda nonsense, Nike's previous blue for them was maybe a touch lighter, but this new shade is significantly darker, literally almost black (described as "Yankees navy"

Possibly referring to the Nike fabric color used; certainly NOT the Pantone values themselves.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

In general, I agree with you. But there are a few examples where the sock color was just a trim color everywhere else on the uniform, and it looked pretty good, IMO.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As a fan of quirky nonsense on a uniform, my favorite...

spacer.png

• Like 10

5 hours ago, TruColor said:

Texas flag Blue and Red:

spacer.png spacer.png

vs. Houston Texans Deep Steel Blue and Battle Red:

spacer.png spacer.png

Understandable, but still yet, the deep steel blue does work out. I can understand that many want the Texas flag color. Send me that link, please.