2024 NFL Changes

5 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Annoying that they debuted this with white socks but are immediately going for the yoga pants look. I wouldn't be shocked if we get yoga pants in almost every game this season for them.

Texans at Pats this year might have 6/8 of the uniform elements being navy blue, with only the white Texans jerseys and silver Pats helmet breaking it up.

The post doesn't mention navy socks. It's possible that's what this player (Pitre?) chose to wear for the photo shoot.

That second sentence is exactly why I'm hoping the Pats wear the throwbacks for the Houston game. It's also very possible there will be that amount of navy when the Seahawks head to Foxboro in Week 2. At least they use green instead of red as a secondary color.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Annoying that they debuted this with white socks but are immediately going for the yoga pants look. I wouldn't be shocked if we get yoga pants in almost every game this season for them.

Texans at Pats this year might have 6/8 of the uniform elements being navy blue, with only the white Texans jerseys and silver Pats helmet breaking it up.

We could also have Texans in navy, white, navy vs. Patriots in silver, navy, silver on the positive side.

I left the socks out because some players on each team will likely wear white instead of navy or vice-versa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

This is where I think the Texans took a big step back with the practical elimination of red from the updated road uniforms. They used to have a fine navy/red balance with red numbers and striping, and now it's just accent in a far third position in the palette.

This is a major reason why, despite the unnecessary oddities built into the Broncos' new set, Denver's additions of orange to what were otherwise black and white road uniforms is a very nice step forward.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

2 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

We could also have Texans in navy, white, navy vs. Patriots in silver, navy, silver on the positive side.

I left the socks out because some players on each team will likely wear white instead of navy or vice-versa.

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Houston is going to look very drab, especially going against the Bears. Not retaining red numbers was a critical error. 

Y'all think those are bad, wait til the Texans play the Snatit...

Spoiler

Unless AAS pulls the same stunt she did last season and/or the Texans pull an uno-reverse on them with their other blue alternates...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The only team I'd actually like to see in an "icy" helmet is the Eagles, so long as the wings were discernible, similar to their '60s look:

gabriel_7__44233.jpg?ssl=1

(I'd actually prefer them to have silver helmets and pants, but that ship sailed long ago.)

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Teams need to take a hint involving the throwbacks becoming so popular, and not just on this forum. Fans like the old styles, even though they are not all-black or all-white, so they don't need to create these special sets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

The only team I'd actually like to see in an "icy" helmet is the Eagles, so long as the wings were discernible, similar to their '60s look:

gabriel_7__44233.jpg?ssl=1

(I'd actually prefer them to have silver helmets and pants, but that ship sailed long ago.)

That's from the 70s.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

I’m not sure I can think of anything more unnecessary, pointless and stupid than a white Packers helmet, besides maybe a white Jaguars helmet.

This trend is embarrassing at this point. Green Bay’s helmet color is unique and iconic, but I’m sure a few younger players said it would be dope, icy, clean, etc. if they got a white helmet, so of course the team decides to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NH4 said:

Packers all but confirm the white helmets

I would be angry, but maybe we should wear this for every game.  We don't deserve to wear the yellow helmets again until we find a way to beat the f***ing Niners in the playoffs.  You only deserve to look like the Green Bay Packers once you start living up to the history of the franchise.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

Packers in their all-whites against Vikings in their all-whites in "The Icy Bowl," an aesthetic nightmare that results in both looks getting mothballed for eternity.

• Like 5
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

10 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That's from the 70s.

yeah, mostly.  But to save face, there's this from '69 (and remember, I'm focusing on the helmet, not whether the jersey number has a black outline or not):

1969_Philadelphia.png

You should know by now not to doubt me.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I’m not sure I can think of anything more unnecessary, pointless and stupid than a white Packers helmet, besides maybe a white Jaguars helmet.

This trend is embarrassing at this point. Green Bay’s helmet color is unique and iconic, but I’m sure a few younger players said it would be dope, icy, clean, etc. if they got a white helmet, so of course the team decides to.

You know what's really odd in my opinion? The players walk into the stadium and do press conferences in some of the most off the wall, gaudy outfits known to man. Yet when it's game time, they want to be dressed head to toe in all black or all white. I'm sure there is more to it than just player opinions, but I seriously this trend is beyond overdone. Never thought I would see the day that the Packers jump on board.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, BBTV said:

yeah, mostly.  But to save face, there's this from '69 (and remember, I'm focusing on the helmet, not whether the jersey number has a black outline or not):

1969_Philadelphia.png

You should know by now not to doubt me.

I wasn't doubting you.

I was telling you you were wrong. The picture you posted featured Roman Gabriel at QB for the Eagles. It didn't have the NFL 50 patch on the shoulder. It had the Washington team wearing its Indian head logo. None of those occurred in the 60s.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 2

It's where I sit.