2024 NFL Changes

18 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I'm going to take this opportunity again to post my concept for how I think they should look:

GNesPLJXsAAM1ym?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Essentially the '90-02 jersey with the current logo and a small workmark +a return to Silver pants, worn from '78-02, updated with a 3-color stripe that matches the new Satin Silver helmet and Black mask.  This would also work perfectly fine with the current helmet finish and Black mask.  The Away jersey would be similar to the '90-96 with Black/Red numbers, as it would look best with Black socks.  

Could easily accommodate a Red or Black alternate or throwback helmet and a Red alternate or throwback jersey (all of them, actually). 

It looks too similar to the Raiders and Panthers. Panthers having a process cyan to add to it while the Raiders is plain black and silver. If you want a Falcons look to the original,

Xbs3Nz8h6j2RCWW_J4_n80kudhVuwWI9kEay8e77

I wish he went with black facemask instead of red, but that looks awesome right there. I mean it's what I dreamed of minus the red pants for the road look. I rather go with the black pants for the road look and silver for the alt.

23 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will argue until dawn that when executed as originally intended, this is a really good look.

AP23274626228913.jpg?w=525

I honestly don't see anything redeemable about this uniform. If you want to have cream/bone as part of your colour scheme it should replace white, not be combined with it. The pant stripes, sleeve caps, and nametags just bring more attention to how dingy the rest of the uniform looks. It makes even less sense when you consider the fact that bone isn't used at all on the home jersey. It's a different sport, but the Buffalo Sabres are an example of great execution on a cream, royal, and yellow uniform.

spacer.png

• Like 17

26 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

It can be an alt. I just wish they make the golden yellow more golden yellow instead of highlighter yellow and the cool and hip stuff they did. I rather see this without the St. Louis colors. Something like this with the ram horn like pattern over the sleeves (at the shoulder where it should be).

nfl-redesign-jersey-concept-l-a-rams.png

Looks great 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

It looks too similar to the Raiders and Panthers. Panthers having a process cyan to add to it while the Raiders is plain black and silver. If you want a Falcons look to the original,

I wish he went with black facemask instead of red, but that looks awesome right there. I mean it's what I dreamed of minus the red pants for the road look. I rather go with the black pants for the road look and silver for the alt.

Red helmet is a no-go for me when Black is in the uniform scheme, unless Black is relegated to a minor tertiary accent color.  The only reason to consider a Red helmet is because it would be a return to the "original" but other than that, there's no other redeeming quality to it, especially in any of those combos shown above, which all look like high school teams.  

Having coached at and designed uniforms for schools with Black & Red color schemes, it's actually a trickier combo than people think, primarily when you try to use Red as a dominant or equal color in a design, as both are very bold, strong colors - when you use too much of both at once, they compete for the eye and it doesn't work.  It works best when the Red is a minor tertiary accent for a pop, not as an equally dominant color in the complete design.  Black/White/Red, in that order, or Red/White/Black work best.  See Utes, Utah (not their Black alts).

And I can agree 100% with anyone saying the Falcons should not wear a Silver or Dark Silver helmet because of the Panthers or Bucs (although I'd put money on Carolina changing to the Black helmet full-time soon because Tepper is a moron).  However, anyone making that argument needs to check themselves if suggesting a Red helmet, since the better and more popular football team in the state, the University of Georgia Bulldogs, wear a Red helmet.  Best choice for the Falcons identity is the (Satin) Black shell they have now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I honestly don't see anything redeemable about this uniform. If you want to have cream/bone as part of your colour scheme it should replace white, not be combined with it. The pant stripes, sleeve caps, and nametags just bring more attention to how dingy the rest of the uniform looks. It makes even less sense when you consider the fact that bone isn't used at all on the home jersey. It's a different sport, but the Buffalo Sabres are an example of great execution on a cream, royal, and yellow uniform.

spacer.png

To be fair, while better than the Rams’ set for sure, the Sabres’ set pictured here is not entirely without white either. 

40 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

To be fair, while better than the Rams’ set for sure, the Sabres’ set pictured here is not entirely without white either. 

Aside from the chin strap of the helmets I don't see any actual white on that uniform. 

47 minutes ago, ruttep said:

It was right there, Texans

spacer.png

It truly was especially since the Red and  White jerseys from both sets are symmetrical to each other. The current set has more of a paint fill-type symmetry but still.

2 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Nope. There isn't even a stripe there. It's just the base colour of the jersey between the blue & yellow stripes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The white chinstraps do stick out like a sore thumb when looking at the whole uniform

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

We need at least one red/white/blue team to be red dominant

Respectfully disagree.  When Red is dominant, you can't get a pop of color from Navy as the accent.  It ends up being dull and dark.  

Yet, when Red is the accent color to Navy, you get a really pretty pop from it, because it's such a strong color.

The Chiefs are a great example to show how to make Red work as a dominant color...because Gold is the accent, which is lighter and brighter.  Take the Gold away from the Chiefs look, and you become Houston or Nebraska.  Even the Chiefs helmet is pretty plain when you look at it, as there's no Gold anywhere.  Now, imagine substituting Navy in for Gold for the Chiefs.  Blah.

The original Patriots uniforms up through 1992 is the closet we'll probably get and that worked because they always had a White helmet.   

Ultimately, if it was a more appealing color scheme, I think another team would've gone this route by now.  The Giants tinkered with it, but they had a Blue helmet and Gray pants.  Ole Miss does it, but they usually wear it with a Blue or White helmet and Gray pants.

Red is just a very strong color, best used as tertiary accent, rather than a primary or secondary...especially if you're trying Red helmet and Red jersey...at that point, you're better of being a 2-color team (Red/Black or Red/White).  

I think people are tired of Navy/Red/White or Navy/Red/White/Gray but it's tried & true and works.

• Meh 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

On 9/11/2024 at 6:41 PM, MCM0313 said:

Unpopular opinion of my own: I like the Rams’ “Fruit Roll-Up” numbers, and the gradient on the numbers on the blue jersey. 

The segmented horn also looks cool in a vacuum, but it’s incredibly frustrating when you know the team’s history. But it looks so good as a logo. 

I actually don't mind the gradient, either. If they used a more athletic gold instead of highlighter yellow, I'd be fine with keeping the gradient.

On 9/12/2024 at 7:20 AM, BBTV said:

Their uniforms are a joke.  Not quite the "Homer" of uniforms - there's some worse offenders - but as the be-all end-all arbiter of taste around here (you know in your heart of hearts it's true), there's no way I'll be convinced that the word "classic" belongs in the same sentence as those uniforms unless it's "those Falcons uniform are a classic example of what happens when team execs take shrooms with the designers while watching arena-league games and then let a player with CTE apply the finishing touches to them."

jYphcSv.jpg

9 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Although I prefer their real-life uniforms, I wouldn't mind something like this (with a black facemask, like you said). The pants are very reminiscent of Georgia, though, especially the red & black versions.

The Falcons are a rare team where I think the removal of the one-helmet rule could benefit them, allowing for them to wear both red and black helmets. I've never really been super committed to one option over the other.

9 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

They could even storytell their way into this color representing the sand of LA beaches, while still resembling the color of a ram's horn as much as the shade they actually chose does.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Red helmet is a no-go for me when Black is in the uniform scheme, unless Black is relegated to a minor tertiary accent color.  The only reason to consider a Red helmet is because it would be a return to the "original" but other than that, there's no other redeeming quality to it, especially in any of those combos shown above, which all look like high school teams.  

Having coached at and designed uniforms for schools with Black & Red color schemes, it's actually a trickier combo than people think, primarily when you try to use Red as a dominant or equal color in a design, as both are very bold, strong colors - when you use too much of both at once, they compete for the eye and it doesn't work.  It works best when the Red is a minor tertiary accent for a pop, not as an equally dominant color in the complete design.  Black/White/Red, in that order, or Red/White/Black work best.  See Utes, Utah (not their Black alts).

And I can agree 100% with anyone saying the Falcons should not wear a Silver or Dark Silver helmet because of the Panthers or Bucs (although I'd put money on Carolina changing to the Black helmet full-time soon because Tepper is a moron).  However, anyone making that argument needs to check themselves if suggesting a Red helmet, since the better and more popular football team in the state, the University of Georgia Bulldogs, wear a Red helmet.  Best choice for the Falcons identity is the (Satin) Black shell they have now.

Opinion respected, but I have to disagree. While I don't like red jerseys and black pants, I agree that a return to a red helmet with a black helmet as an alternative for all black games is the way to go.  Black jersey white pants and red helmet is as good as it gets for the Falcons. 

• Like 2

Given all the recent Falcons discussion, reposting my nearly 5 year old concept:

spacer.png

This site lets you mix and match various elements:

https://andrewwagner.wixsite.com/atlantafalcons2020

My goal was to marry classic concepts (traditional color blocking, throwback inspired base, fairly standard striping) with a touch of modernity (tapered stripe contained within the normal stripe, modern numbers to match the wordmark).

• Like 9
  • Love 4