College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

5 minutes ago, Rygi13 said:

New uniforms for Mississippi State. New adidas template. Perforated numbers, and shoulder stripes?

GU_nUqQW4AA9hB-?format=jpg&name=large

Oh no......why do I have a feeling Adidas may be going for a repeat of 2012. The game was ugly as hell in my opinion. However, I did enjoy the result

155355974.0.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Mississippi is ice, snow and cold temps.

In 2012 they wore all white "snow and ice" uniforms against A&M to commemorate the teams' first meeting since the 2000 Independence Bowl.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCOADEOgC8quKqQMa8AEB-AH-BIAC4AOKAgwIABABGFogXyhlMA8=&rs=AOn4CLCoJbSPOWVSaBUgCZfpZumg-TEW-Q

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Friendly PSA to all social media graphics managers, collegiate and otherwise: GAMES ARE PLAYED IN THE LIGHT. The whole "from out of the shadows" storyboard thing has run its course...time to find new reveal ideas.

Now that I don't got that off my chest...

37 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Louisiana Tech now has a white helmet to go with their light blue alternate uniform they debuted in 2022. I do not believe the Titans/NFL were consulted in this ;)

c9bjsoh5tiu3rqar4lpf

Two things:

1) Where was I when these debuted? I completely missed those.

2.) The bottom looks more like a cyan-ish blue as compares to the columbia blue on the helmet logos in the x/twitter video. I actually like the look of the bottom photo better (though LA Tech's uniforms overall have taken a big dip from where they used to be years ago).

33 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Charlotte "gold rush" uniform. This looks very similar to a uniform UCF had a few years back

I mean, because it ain't like the color commentators and officials on the field need to be able to actually read those jersey numbers from any more than about ten feet away...those jerseys are going to be nearly illegible in the sunlight. Did anyone field-test those? (That said, props to NC-Charlotte for actually revealing these in the light...)

24 minutes ago, Rygi13 said:

New uniforms for Mississippi State. New adidas template. Perforated numbers, and shoulder stripes?

GU_nUqQW4AA9hB-?format=jpg&name=large

If those are permanent primaries, then ginormous downgrade. I could see if it was an alternate for the Egg Bowl, but name one person outside the M-I-crooked letter who's gonna see a script "State" helmet and immediately think of the Mississippi State Bulldogs. (Shoot, some in the state might not even readily make that connection...)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

35 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Charlotte "gold rush" uniform. This looks very similar to a uniform UCF had a few years back

This helmet needs some green. Logo outlines, stripes, maybe facemask. Pretty bland as just gold and white. 

• Like 7

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Where was I when these debuted? I completely missed those.

I missed it too. I was about to post that Louisiana Tech must be debuting a light blue uniform soon and thought it was interesting they were incorporating a color scheme that had usually been reserved for women's teams at La Tech, but then I decided to check their helmet history and saw thay had a red helmet with light-blue logo. I looked up the game they wore it and sure enough they had already been wearing a light-blue alternate uniform

3 hours ago, bowld said:

DFDS (dots for dots sake)

spacer.png

I don't mind the dots here, tbh. From a distance, they won't be noticable, and up close they give a little texture.

• Like 2

Seriously, KU? "ROCK CHALK" in the sleeve stripes?? Talk about a desperate plea for attention...and also, is it me or did the KANSAS script get a little bit bigger??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like that Grambling uniform. It strikes a nice balance between the three colors, especially if, like the person modeling it, they wear it with bottoms that aren't red. (Like, black/red/black for instance.)

Oh! Quick edit: I didn't notice until I looked at the bigger pictures: the TV numbers are just black outlines. (Technically red numbers, black outlines, on red jerseys, though the photographs make it clear that they're just black screenprinted outlines of numbers.) Interesting choice. I still don't hate it.

• Like 2

gold is back in the desert

• Like 6
  • Love 1

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

9 hours ago, tBBP said:

Friendly PSA to all social media graphics managers, collegiate and otherwise: GAMES ARE PLAYED IN THE LIGHT. The whole "from out of the shadows" storyboard thing has run its course...time to find new reveal ideas.

Now that I don't got that off my chest...

Two things:

1) Where was I when these debuted? I completely missed those.

2.) The bottom looks more like a cyan-ish blue as compares to the columbia blue on the helmet logos in the x/twitter video. I actually like the look of the bottom photo better (though LA Tech's uniforms overall have taken a big dip from where they used to be years ago).

I mean, because it ain't like the color commentators and officials on the field need to be able to actually read those jersey numbers from any more than about ten feet away...those jerseys are going to be nearly illegible in the sunlight. Did anyone field-test those? (That said, props to NC-Charlotte for actually revealing these in the light...)

If those are permanent primaries, then ginormous downgrade. I could see if it was an alternate for the Egg Bowl, but name one person outside the M-I-crooked letter who's gonna see a script "State" helmet and immediately think of the Mississippi State Bulldogs. (Shoot, some in the state might not even readily make that connection...)

How long until the Titans sue them for that helmet? Hahahahaha!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png