24-25 NBA changes

DJT

Looks like baby blue, purple and black are the colors. Two similar purple mountain jerseys? And, nothing that says Jazz, just Utah.

Not sure I like this rebrand either? But, hey, no new colors! 😜

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I don’t mind it, to be honest. It’s not as good as it could be - two purple mountain uniforms seems disjointed and redundant, and I’d have made the mountain fade on the white uniform sky blue with a purple “UTAH” instead - but let’s be honest, compared to what it’s leaving behind? I’ll gladly take it. 

This is one of those rare rebrands where perspective and context elevates what would otherwise be average. If the Jazz were an expansion team or if this followed a more successful brand, I’d probably be indifferent at best. But given this is replacing the highlighter disaster, I’m cool with it and welcome it.

Overall, as a fan, I’m just glad they’re a fully purple team again! It’s been far too long.

• Like 5

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I don’t mind it, to be honest. It’s not as good as it could be - two purple mountain uniforms seems disjointed and redundant, and I’d have made the mountain fade on the white uniform sky blue with a purple “UTAH” instead - but let’s be honest, compared to what it’s leaving behind? I’ll gladly take it. 

This is one of those rare rebrands where perspective and context elevates what would otherwise be average. If the Jazz were an expansion team or if this followed a more successful brand, I’d probably be indifferent at best. But given this is replacing the highlighter disaster, I’m cool with it and welcome it.

Overall, as a fan, I’m just glad they’re a fully purple team again! It’s been far too long.

I agree. The white jersey has some problems with it that some small changes could tremendously fix. Either baby blue gradient or an outline would work as well like the original mountain jerseys. The Utah font needs to be purple IMO.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

City and Statement will be use in next season. Home and away will be introduce for 25/26, so current Bee unis stay with us for one more season.

What about unis. Home should have Jazz instead of Utah and white color should be replaced by purple or maybe light blue?

Mountain on statement might look good with normal wordmark, with note it doesn't fit. Overall is an upgrade over current, but let's be honest the bar wasn't set high.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

11 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

There's a few things I could say about this, and may say about it later, but the main thing I'll say is this:

- Ryan Smith (and apparently Dwyane Wade's momma) realized his (and her) error in "higjlighting" the Jazz and went back to what worked and still works: purple and mountains.

- Apparently Smitty also got a little too zealous in promoting UTAH...not a single Jazz script.

Detailed breakdown may come later if I feel like it...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

City and Statement will be use in next season. Home and away will be introduce for 25/26, so current Bee unis stay with us for one more season.

This organization sucks so much.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

I like the colors, and the last rebrand basically made it so they had nowhere to go but up. But two purple jerseys is redundant, and it seems like Ryan Smith couldn't resist his bad habits from the last rebrand for the black jerseys

I don't mind the redundant purples assuming the city jersey will only be used next year (so it won't overlap). It would be nice if one of them actually said Jazz, and I don't think the black jersey is necessary at all.

9 minutes ago, 5ss22 said:

I don't mind the redundant purples assuming the city jersey will only be used next year (so it won't overlap). It would be nice if one of them actually said Jazz, and I don't think the black jersey is necessary at all.

I'm guessing just going "UTAH" is a workaround/loophole to use the old school aesthetic without actually reverting back to old logos, which is prohibited.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

For clarity:

2024-25

N9WPWvE.png

2025-26

ZUxR1T8.png

Of course they f— up the reveal over the next two seasons. And, two statement jerseys next year? Odd.

• LOL 1

Well, this should kill off any notion that the NBA has a five-year rule for jerseys.

• Like 5

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

10 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

For clarity:

2024-25

N9WPWvE.png

2025-26

ZUxR1T8.png

Yep. This is what I was afraid of. League rules I’m sure say they have to keep the black and yellow main set for another year. Here’s to hoping they can just wear purple until January. 

10 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

I'm guessing just going "UTAH" is a workaround/loophole to use the old school aesthetic without actually reverting back to old logos, which is prohibited.

Which in today’s NBA is an arbitrary rule not really enforced (ie-Jazz note logo, 76ers, etc.)