24-25 NBA changes

DJT

On 6/7/2024 at 3:47 AM, tscuzzy said:

mavs wearing the R&B uniform in game 1 of the NBA finals... unserious league

Yep. These are the official "trashbags" to me. Roughly just a flat black base with a cheapo script pasted on. The definition of a "Walmart jersey". Those alternates they came out with in the 00s were actually neat.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 6:47 PM, tscuzzy said:

mavs wearing the R&B uniform in game 1 of the NBA finals... unserious league

There seems to be a trend that if you're not an "iconic" team (i.e. Lakers or Celtics) you'll wear the statement/city editions for most of the time during the playoffs/finals. I hate it with a burning passion. IMO you should be wearing your base white/color uniform for AT LEAST 80-90% of the games during the playoffs, not your BFBS/WFWS/GFGS music themed uniform that otherwise has nothing to do with your franchise.

• Like 7

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The black looks better on the mannequin than it did in the initial launch, but I still think they need to go with a Jazz script rather than JNote/number. I love the black shorts as well. Might get a pair.

6 hours ago, DJT said:

More looks at the two new jerseys debuting this season (eventually) for the Jazz. 

the colors look amazing. the statement jerseys surprisingly look better now. the city jersey are clearly a filler jersey for the icon jersey coming the season after. but nonetheless still look really nice.

but one thing i think they should have left out are those big diagonal side panels. the colors are nice but the design is just not cohesive at all with the overall uniform. especially for the statement unis that already has 2 themes questionably merging with each other. and for the city jerseys its a floating stripe by the arm but comes with a gradient on the shorts. i like design heavy uniforms but not when there's totally different elements being added. the suns did the same thing last year when they added those weird, pointy vertical stripes on their shorts yet their whole theme was diagonal sunbursts

GPkNbRnaMAAtKbL?format=jpg&name=largeiGPkcliLbQAAyZ-b?format=jpg&name=large

On 6/8/2024 at 1:50 PM, pelicanfan said:

the colors look amazing. the statement jerseys surprisingly look better now. the city jersey are clearly a filler jersey for the icon jersey coming the season after. but nonetheless still look really nice.

but one thing i think they should have left out are those big diagonal side panels. the colors are nice but the design is just not cohesive at all with the overall uniform. especially for the statement unis that already has 2 themes questionably merging with each other. and for the city jerseys its a floating stripe by the arm but comes with a gradient on the shorts. i like design heavy uniforms but not when there's totally different elements being added. the suns did the same thing last year when they added those weird, pointy vertical stripes on their shorts yet their whole theme was diagonal sunbursts

GPkNbRnaMAAtKbL?format=jpg&name=largeiGPkcliLbQAAyZ-b?format=jpg&name=large

The side panels work well on the black uniforms...are completely unnecessary on the purple ones. I don't know if...or at least I hope that they don't plan on adding those side panels to the 2025-26 sets. Doesn't work with the mountain motifs across the front. Also, the strokes on the scripts and numbers are too thin (IMO).

In actual real up close daylight, those colors appear to work much better. Still kinda wish the blue was more cyan than sky, but I can roll with that. 

• Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think the only reason the side striping is there is to carry over the angled striping from the 2016 jerseys narrative.

Completely unnecessary.

• Like 7

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Is that a Jazz script that doesn't match the Utah script or the highlighter script? This is not a good package.

• Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

Is that a Jazz script that doesn't match the Utah script or the highlighter script? This is not a good package.

It looks to me like it's an italicized version of the current [highlighter] JAZZ script...

...Which is to say: yeah, not good. Ideas seem to be all over the place...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Looks like the old non-logo/secondary wordmark used in the purple/green/yellow era. 

John Stockton 1989-90 NBA Hoops Base Set Basketball Utah Jazz - Etsy Hong  Kong

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

16 hours ago, tBBP said:

It looks to me like it's an italicized version of the current [highlighter] JAZZ script...

...Which is to say: yeah, not good. Ideas seem to be all over the place...

Well, it's the City and Statement uniforms for 2024-2025 so it's nothing to really be concerned about, a lot of Statement uniforms especially have weird things going on from the regular unis.

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Looks like the old non-logo/secondary wordmark used in the purple/green/yellow era. 

John Stockton 1989-90 NBA Hoops Base Set Basketball Utah Jazz - Etsy Hong  Kong

No, it's a logo used font. It's basically the same italicized font from the original logo.

Utah-Jazz-Logo-history.png 

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, DJT said:

The jazz one 😂

They literally don't have any outlined logos in their (soon to be extinct) branding set, I don't think. That's how far they took the minimalism. Still boggles the mind that that package ever saw the light of day, any professionals in the room should have been able to predict situations like this where a single-layer logo simply won't fly.

Also, if you click through to the link, the 9Fifty's of this range seem to also come in a grey base with desaturated color, only silver and a single team color. At least for some of the higher profile teams.