24-25 NBA changes

DJT

22 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I have absolutely no idea why they went with a ring around the Numbers, but when those were first released, I LOVED THEM. But then they played what felt like two decades in them and they got stale fast. Especially when the fabrics got so much duller. 

Also, to bring back up the ban on black jerseys, I remember that and I actually understood it somewhat? Even though I kinda like this look, there was absolutely no need for this uniform set. It felt like overkill even when I was like 9.
spacer.png

Complete aside, but I always loved that alternate. It's still one of my favorite alternates from that time—and shoot, of all time, really. And at least that fit within their greater brand identity of the time...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The wordmark looked really low on those, probably a combination of it's extreme angle and also to keep some distance between it and Jerry West.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

So the NBA isn't bringing back the "Earned" sets? Toronto and Milwaukee won the title in theirs.

Bucks should use the 2020/2021 earned edition as their primary set

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

• Like 11
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ThunderCeltic said:

So the NBA isn't bringing back the "Earned" sets? Toronto and Milwaukee won the title in theirs.

earned sets wont be coming back for 24/25 but teams will be getting hockey unis with city set designs. at this stage i am not aware if these will be used as warm ups or just purely fan gear. 

4 minutes ago, Aeimnestus79 said:

earned sets wont be coming back for 24/25 but teams will be getting hockey unis with city set designs. at this stage i am not aware if these will be used as warm ups or just purely fan gear. 

I call BS. Show your work or it's not true.

• WOAH 1

4 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

I haven't heard anything since 2021 and assumed it was dead. If they do anything with playoff teams the NBA  Champion should get either a gold version of one of their jerseys or a special patch. Nothing more is needed.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

#ShamelessPlug

I legit don't know how the Bucks haven't adopted those as primary sets yet.

Inasmuch as any uniform designs in the NBA can be considered "primaries" in this day and age...

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

The Bucks won their title in their Black uniforms with blue and cream stripes on the front. They wore their Earned for Game 3. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 12:50 PM, SantosD_ said:

Bucks should use the 2020/2021 earned edition as their primary set

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

probably the easiest rehaul a team could possibly do right now. it’s close enough to their current design that it doesn’t mess with their branding or anything. and if anything it even helps them save some $$$. less colors needed (white and blue are out excluding patches) and the template is already there with the statement editions so they can just use that one template for all 3 of their jerseys. bonus points for having a consistent core set too 

usatsi_20531788_168397759_lowres.jpg

i’ve never been a big fan of the bucks current design. i don’t hate them but there’s just little things that irk me. like that pattern on the side. it goes from blue(why is this color even here), black, to dark green. which in turn just looks like a big block of black. same goes for the white on cream stripes that follow which just looks like one big block of cream. but then its followed by two thin stripes of green and cream. the way they layer the colors just defeats the whole point. and its all encased in this thin outline of cream that goes down to the shorts and forms some kind of pointy shape. 

not to mention the white on cream "MILWAUKEE"  just looks like badly bolded white text from a distance 

Edited by pelicanfan
a little rewording
  • Like 7

Wouldn't mind if Bucks replace their current unis by white and green version of this:

GettyImages-1250781022.jpg

Also wouldn't be surprise if they introduce a black statement of this for next or after next season.

• Like 14

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Wouldn't mind if Bucks replace their current unis by white and green version of this:

GettyImages-1250781022.jpg

That was one of the very few good and well-excecuted City/other uniforms. Milwaukee happens to have had several of those already. Not in place of the antler unis for primaries, though.

Bucks are one team that shouldn't have a black uniform, btw.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

usatsi_20531788_168397759_lowres.jpg

i’ve never been a big fan of the bucks current design. i don’t hate them but there’s just little things that irk me. like that pattern on the sides. it goes from blue(why is this color even here), black, to dark green. which in turn just looks like a big  block of black. followed by a white and cream stripe which just looks like one big block of cream. and then two thin stripes of green and cream. and all of this is encased in a thin outline of cream that goes down to the shorts at an angle

I've never been a fan either since the introduction, and it still doesn't quite do the job, even after having been grown on me for a number of years already. It's not the blocks of color on the sides for me, it's the logo and the font that lacks character that weren't quite it since the beginning, and the color palette is also on the drab side for the Bucks. They do get the most out of this identity with the antler uniforms.

These were the perfect and ideal Bucks' uniforms and identity, both the green and the white home sets. The gorgeous and distinctive shades of color with the right balance, the shiny fabric and the beautiful unique pointed collar that they got rid of soon after for unexplicable reasons, all worked perfectly. The switch to regular fabric and the little subsequent changes such as replacing the collar with a generic league-wide wishbone and de-capitalizing the first and last letters in the wordmark watered this set down too, but not in a drastic, game-changing way.

milwaukee-bucks-v-golden-state-warriors.oklahoma-city-thunder-v-milwaukee-bucks.

That era had so many great and quality uniform designs, while featuring a limited amount at that.

• Like 3
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I thought the NBA's shiny fabric era was horrible. Some good uniform designs, like the Bucks, ended up looking cheap and gaudy. 

As for the team's Earned edition uniforms, I think most of you are right in believing the teams should adopt those full-time. They're a perfect representation of the Bucks brand. 

Personally, I like anything that attempts to recreate the green/red or green/green rainbow side panels from the '80s, but that's mostly due to nostalgia. I thought the Bucks were among the most visually appealing teams of that era.

The Earned editions, I admit, might represent the brand identity more, though.  

• Like 11

21 hours ago, truepg said:

Bucks are one team that shouldn't have a black uniform, btw.

True, with current color palette they should have blue alternate, but it is what it is.

On 6/3/2024 at 8:41 PM, Aeimnestus79 said:

It sounds ridiculous, but ok let's say it's true, so with that please tell us which team would have Classic uniforms and what kind of it?

4r2eer.png