24-25 NBA changes

DJT

3 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Seems like the black "DET" jersey is sadly returning for a 3rd year as the Pistons Statement Edition. Maybe 2025-26 will finally be the year for the red jersey to return.

2024-07-18-8-26-06.png

Wasn't that jersey the result of a dream a fan had or something?  Seriously, bring back the red jersey. 

• Like 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Not a change, but idk where else to put this.
I just noticed today that ESPN has a mis-colored logo for the Timberwolves everywhere on their site (it's the gray panel above the wolf's head). Not sure how this happens but I feel like they need to learn about sportslogos.net

UYvdCg2.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • WOAH 1

14 minutes ago, eRay said:

Not a change, but idk where else to put this.
I just noticed today that ESPN has a mis-colored logo for the Timberwolves everywhere on their site (it's the gray panel above the wolf's head). Not sure how this happens but I feel like they need to learn about sportslogos.net

UYvdCg2.png

It seems in a lot of their logo applications the logos have been reproduced, and sometimes wrong. 

The Hawks logo on the ESPN broadcasts literally has the eye tilted at a weird angle, and it drove me insane the other day watching summer league.

On 7/18/2024 at 12:29 PM, kolob said:

Wasn't that jersey the result of a dream a fan had or something?  Seriously, bring back the red jersey. 

They credited (blamed?) it on a voicemail left by a fan complaining about the jerseys. Maybe we all should call into the Pistons offices and leave VMs to bring back the red jerseys.

https://uni-watch.com/2022/09/08/fans-voicemail-inspires-crummy-new-pistons-uni/

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

image.png

This anniversary logo MAYBE gives us a clue as to what to expect from the classic edition for the Warriors

edit: that’s for their basketball academy 

Edited by SantosD_

On 7/22/2024 at 7:33 PM, SantosD_ said:

image.png

This anniversary logo MAYBE gives us a clue as to what to expect from the classic edition for the Warriors

that’s for their basketball academy: https://www.nba.com/warriors/news/warriors-basketball-academy-to-celebrate-25th-anniversary-20240502

also the same IG user In Thailand that leaked the city editions last season leaked pics of next season’s Grizzlies classic shorts and they are the white version of 19/20 classics. He deleted the pics pretty quickly tho

So not the Memphis Sounds, but if the garment worker is right and the city edition is red with light blue font, I’m guessing they’ll use that (instead of classic edition) to celebrate Sounds by combining elements from Sounds era with current era, like a mixtape/remix concept.

• Like 6

On 7/18/2024 at 8:30 AM, projectjohn said:

Seems like the black "DET" jersey is sadly returning for a 3rd year as the Pistons Statement Edition. Maybe 2025-26 will finally be the year for the red jersey to return.

2024-07-18-8-26-06.png

What the hell do they see in those? They’re awful. 

• Like 4
  • Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, bushy said:

What the hell do they see in those? They’re awful. 

The Pistons alternates, outside of the 75th anniversary remix jersey, have been consistently terrible for over 10 years. I can't understand their marketing department's insistence on minimizing red in the color scheme, between jerseys and the awful blue, no painted keys, and super-imposed logo on the sidelines court design that was introduced a few years ago.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

On 7/18/2024 at 1:37 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

It seems in a lot of their logo applications the logos have been reproduced, and sometimes wrong. 

The Hawks logo on the ESPN broadcasts literally has the eye tilted at a weird angle, and it drove me insane the other day watching summer league.

Can't they just get the vector images of the whatever league media website they log into? Then again, I remember one magazine or CNN article used my Lakers concept logo thinking it was the real deal?

On 7/24/2024 at 8:33 AM, projectjohn said:

The Pistons alternates, outside of the 75th anniversary remix jersey, have been consistently terrible for over 10 years. I can't understand their marketing department's insistence on minimizing red in the color scheme, between jerseys and the awful blue, no painted keys, and super-imposed logo on the sidelines court design that was introduced a few years ago.

They also seemed to be the reason why Little Caesars Arena got rid of the red seats.

i think the biggest crime the pistons have done was insisting on wearing grey for nearly the past decade as their third color

it started in 2015 with adidas. these were considered as their alternates for 2 years

detroit-pistons-2015-17-alternate-jersey

but then nike introduced statement jerseys and made these as part of their set indefinitely: 

detroit-pistons-2017-20-statement-jersey

and the team stuck with them for a long 4-5 years. on top of the 2 that adidas had with theirs. i genuinely think this was the worst jersey in the league out of any main uniform set. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

54 minutes ago, SantosD_ said:

I hate this current trend in the court desgins

It depends on the team. Some are okay and it does make the court look cleaner, but teams like Detroit should stick to a more traditional look IMO.

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Unpopular opinion is that in a vacuum, I kinda sorta liked those grey Pistons jerseys -- the original one worked because I like the Georgetown scheme and wouldn't mind seeing someone do it in the NBA, the second one worked because it still had classic Pistons colors presented in a slightly different manner, either was better than the team's odd dalliances with navy or black. But that doesn't take priority over the fact that the Pistons' third jersey always ought to be red.

I think they've taken the current branding with the soft, pillowy typeface about as far as it can go, anyway. They really missed the boat when retro-minimal was the trend du jour, they had the perfect history to do it. One of the many ways that franchise has been flailing for so many years.

• Like 5

What made the original 2015-17 gray Pistons uniforms work well, was the Color scheme (intentionally or not) being reminiscent of GM Auto factory worker uniforms.

• Like 4