24-25 NBA changes

DJT

4 minutes ago, Aeimnestus79 said:

yet the clown has more sources than you will ever have. it must kill you and every one else that called me a liar and a fraud everytime a new leak appears. unfortunate. 

The only person that cares about what others call you is you. I slept fine. 

Tell me what the waitress at the diner says when you tell her you have inside information on NBA City Jerseys for 2024-25. 

• LOL 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Moderator here. That's enough of the personal swipes and trolling — both for our purported insider and those interacting with him. Suspensions are currently under consideration.

As I said before in this thread, if you've got information, don't be a jerk about it.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, okcsooner35 said:

@Aeimnestus79: how close is this mock up from what you have seen?

So it's just "Oklahoma" now, huh?  I was under the impression these were "City" editions.

I'm surprised Nike hasn't just started recycling old CE designs.  Nobody with a TikTok attention span remembers what everyone wore in 2017 anyway.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

14 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

So it's just "Oklahoma" now, huh?  I was under the impression these were "City" editions.

I'm surprised Nike hasn't just started recycling old CE designs.  Nobody with a TikTok attention span remembers what everyone wore in 2017 anyway.

I've been saying this for years now. Instead of desperately creating new designs, just reuse the most successful ones in the past.  They would get more sales from a fan favorite than one that looks stupid.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Last updated 8/9

5 hours ago, truepg said:

That OKC mockup is pretty good, but again, one color too many, and the blue is the odd one out there.

Needs more green, yellow and white with a large arched SEATTLE on the front ... then will it be truly perfect.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I've been saying this for years now. Instead of desperately creating new designs, just reuse the most successful ones in the past.  They would get more sales from a fan favorite than one that looks stupid.

Either that or do what Utah did with the original sunset jerseys ... wear them a minimum of three seasons. If Nike and the NBA want new designs every year bring back the Earned Edition.

But, I think there are other approaches the league could explore. I'd love a Reverse Retro program (not what they did for the 75th) or something different.  

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 minutes ago, kolob said:

But, I think there are other approaches the league could explore. I'd love a Reverse Retro program (not what they did for the 75th) or something different.  

That's always been my thought. Let a team use a Classic Edition in non-anniversary seasons instead of a City Edition. I like the concept of Reverse Retro too, basically a Mandela Effect throwback, something that never actually existed but feels like it did.

There's been very few worthwhile City Edition jerseys, and the ones that were are long gone at this point (Heat Vice, etc.)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

That's always been my thought. Let a team use a Classic Edition in non-anniversary seasons instead of a City Edition. I like the concept of Reverse Retro too, basically a Mandela Effect throwback, something that never actually existed but feels like it did.

There's been very few worthwhile City Edition jerseys, and the ones that were are long gone at this point (Heat Vice, etc.)

I would say my favorites have been:

Utah Red Rocks (Both the full color and black)

Suns "The Valley"

Lakers Shaq

76ers 2017 one

Cavs 2018 one

Nets Brooklyn Camo (Black variant)

Celtics 2020

OKC 2020

But that's about it. Some of them stand out for the colors alone, others are very much something where its confusing to have. I would almost prefer the NBA/Nike do away with City editions and give us like a holiday edition for Christmas games for the teams on that schedule. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kolob said:

I'd love a Reverse Retro program

2 hours ago, projectjohn said:

I like the concept of Reverse Retro too

I agree with you. If nike renew contract with NBA (because from my calculation this season will be a last season of current deal) they should make a revival of Rewind series, but with more attention to details.

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Nets Brooklyn Camo (Black variant)

You mean this one?

brooklyn-nets-nike-new-era-biggie-jersey

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

43 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I agree with you. If nike renew contract with NBA (because from my calculation this season will be a last season of current deal) they should make a revival of Rewind series, but with more attention to details.

You mean this one?

brooklyn-nets-nike-new-era-biggie-jersey

Yes that one. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I wish they would do that with the Heat. Just cycle through each color of the vice (except the Trix yogurt ones) every 4 years.

• Like 1
  • Love 1