24-25 NBA changes

DJT

1 minute ago, currymvp2024 said:

they didn't even both swapping the color for nets and hornets and spurs lmao

spacer.png

Lol, I didn't even catch that.  Charlotte's in particular is just transparently lazy.  Who on Earth is going to buy these if they already own the previous version?

• Like 3

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

20 minutes ago, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

I think it might be so the teams can re-use last year's In Season Tournament courts.

They already roll out new City Edition-themed courts every year.  I don't think this is even a consideration.

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

5 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Lol, I didn't even catch that.  Charlotte's in particular is just transparently lazy.  Who on Earth is going to buy these if they already own the previous version?

A lot of people, I bet. The mint scheme in particular is super popular in Charlotte and it's been a few years since the last mint-colored one. As a matter of personal preference, I hate the "Buzz City" schtick so I like seeing Charlotte on it instead.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

im just glad that we have some vibrancy and inspiration this year. thats literally all i've asked for. sure there's some iffy designs but i'll take it any day over the atrocities that we got last year with half the league going black and not bothering to put anything more than a text and number. seriously makes me wonder what their deal was last year. it's felt like the longest year ever having to go through those and im glad we got leaks early this time for some healing

only team that looks like they didnt get the memo was the heat

On 6/1/2024 at 1:14 PM, Aeimnestus79 said:

hello all,

with the nba finals upon us i think it's a good time to think about the 24/25 season. i will give a rundown of next seasons city sets from the best that i can remember.

sixers: white with red "sixers"

spurs: light grey with black "san antonio" in black with orange outline

sac: blue with "kings" in white with red outline. also "100 years of royalty"

portland: black with "ripcity" in a white tartan print with red outline

suns: purple with "the valley" in white with orange outline

orlando: grey with a large "magic" wordmark

okc: black with "oklahoma" in yellow with red outline

nyk: same as last season but in white

pels: dark purple with "NOLA" in gold with bright green outline and swoosh

min: white with "minnesota" in a marble print 

mil: blue with "BUCKS" in white

mia: red "heat culture"

mem: red with "memphis" in white with baby blue drop shadow

lac: beautiful light blue with "clips"

ind: same as last season but white

hou: white with "h-town" in red with black outline

warriors: cant remember if it was black or navy but it had "golden state" in gold with a red swoosh

det: "bone with "pistons" in black

den: white version of last season

dal: white version of last season

cle: baby blue with "the land"

chi: beige with "bulls"

cha: mint with "charlotte" in black with gold outline

bos: black with neon green "celtics"

nets: black version of last year

atl: light blue with "hawks"

lal: purple with "lakeshow" in yellow

hope you all enjoy.

Ok, so it's time to check it (in brackets my opinion about jerseys) :

Sixers - right (like it)

Spurs. - 50/50, it doesn't look like light grey, but wordmark is correct (lazy and worse than last season)

Kings - right (like it, notice different crowns on side stripes)

Blazers - right (last season was better)

Suns - right (I expected ASG font instead of western one, but it's ok)

Magic - right (basically white version of last season, so meh)

Thunder - right, but outline is orange not red (they reused pattern from last sesson, better than I expected)

Knicks -  right (was hoping for different wordmark, but all good)

Pelicans - right (I like that herringBONE pattern, very creative)

Timberwolves - I don't see any pattern on wordmark and for jersey itself I wouldn't call that a marble, so only main color is right (I wasn't a fan of last season uni so neither of this one)

Bucks - main color right, wordmark color wrong (It look like they spend 5 minutes to design this, bad one)

Heat - to my surprise right and AP writer was wrong (Maybe next year will be white? Imo Culture should be in white)

Grizzlies - right (love it)

Clippers - right, but we knew that before this post (love it just like last season)

Pacers - right (nothing really to say about this)

Rockets - right (notice Olajuwon and Drexler sigs above tag, I'd switch black to yellow or gold)

Warriors - right (look like tribute to Golden Gate Bridge and early days in SF)

Pistons - right (89, 90 on sides. Isn't cream banned? It's ok)

Nuggets - wrong (I like weather theme, but my god why 5280 again?)

Mavericks - wrong, only wordmark is from last season (I'd like it more if it has some blue)

Cavaliers - right (wordmark would be barely visible)

Bulls - wrong (Where is a red?)

Hornets - right (lazy as pluck, they should make gold version from that series instead of reusing 20/21 City)

Celtics - right (design is from last season, but nowhere as good)

Nets - after further explanation right although there is no purple on wordmark (not a fan)

Hawks - wrong (WTF is that?)

Lakers - 50/50, because of gradient (I like my prediction more).

And three jerseys without provided informations:

Raptors - I guess numbers will be in place where wordmark should be

Wizards - I quite like it

Jazz - one of the best

I'm also happy that back of Raptors classic look exactly like I thought

Edit: GSW shorts (via __2hands_shop__):

GXtct5GWIAAFOEd?format=jpg&name=large

Nets shorts:

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

4r2eer.png

16 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

It was fine when the uniforms represented the city, but now it seems like a forced alternate.   As long as fans keep buying them, they'll keep making them.

This was always the plan. Even in the original batch, not every uniform was a "City" edition. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, bushy said:

This just straight up makes me sad. So embarrassing. Adam Silver, Nike. What are we doing here ?

Running out of fresh ideas.

Which is exactly what happens when you box yourself into cranking out new designs every dang year. Eventually that we'll is gonna run dry.

(See also: Ducks, Oregon.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Here's my unsolicited top/bottom five list. Granted, this could change with number font and placement.

Top 5

1 - Philadelphia 76ers (I love the Spectrum look, especially this version in white. This would be a fun regular alternate).

2 - Sacramento Kings (Not many teams can pull off a concept like this paying homage to a past franchise location, but this works for the Kings and I really like this look. I'd love to see more in the future).

3 - Detroit Pistons (I was a fan of last year's jersey, but this one feels like something that could be in the regular rotation as an alternate).

4 - Golden State Warriors (I actually really love this jersey, but I feel like the number font could make this higher or lower). 

5 - Brooklyn Nets (Clean, simple and fun. I feel like Brooklyn gets it with the City Editions).

Bottom 5

30 - Denver Nuggets (I do like the rainbow treatment, but STOP with the stupid numbers ... so so so dumb).

29 - Miami Heat (the red treatment doesn't really help the stupidity of the jersey. Bring back the Miami Vice look). 

28 - Phoenix Suns (this one had so much potential that is completely ruined by the stupid font choice).

27 - New York Knicks (I liked last year's jersey MUCH better. The white version lacks a lot of character). 

26 - Orlando Magic (I get the concept, but it feels so unnecessary and bland. At least the orange jerseys had character).

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Holy cow! This is real:

Are we in 90's again?

Other stuff:

Honestly Romeo kinda ruined a fun of waiting for every single leaks, but on the other hand I hope he show us all shorts too.

P.S: Rockets warmup jacket has The Summit logo, which from far might be mistaken with Blazers.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png