2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

10 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Nothing says "icy" like an afternoon game in August in a dome.

I think the social media team gets their avocado toast stipend taken away if they don't include an icy emoji on uniform posts.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Stripeless pants were supposedly done to promote mix-and-match possibilities, but I feel like they're just going to end up using mono-color 90% of the time.

You can still mix and match with stripes. I'll take striping color inconsistency over practice pants any day.

Also the white pants should never be worn with anything other than the white jersey, they could have easily matched the white jersey stripe on those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Black-white-black-white for Atlanta for what I believe is the first time ever in the new set. It looks good. 

Not bad. So that leaves white pants and black socks as the only white jersey combo the Falcons haven't worn.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Black-white-black-white for Atlanta for what I believe is the first time ever in the new set. It looks good. 

I noticed this and it definitely improves the look. Hopefully it sticks. Between this away set, and the primary home, they have avoided the leotard look.

spacer.png

The all black alternate will keep black socks, I’m sure, but that’s more a product of current NFL design trends.

The last piece of the puzzle is to get them to wear black socks with the all white road set. From the waist down, it should resemble the home look. As is, it looks too top heavy but black socks would help balance it out.

spacer.png

• Like 4

James Daniels of the Steelers is the first player in NFL history to wear a guardian cap on the field. It's....not that bad? I mean when you get a close up it's weird and goofy but from a distance it's hardly noticeable but that may be a product of the Steelers design and colors making it look less bad.

GUl7RYeXMAAAXvu?format=jpg&name=medium

Meanwhile the  Giants got themselves a new midfield logo.

GUjAKvya8AAyERY?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

James Daniels of the Steelers is the first player in NFL history to wear a guardian cap on the field. It's....not that bad? I mean when you get a close up it's weird and goofy but from a distance it's hardly noticeable but that may be a product of the Steelers design and colors making it look less bad.

The guardian cap was only noticeable due to the lack of sheen, which is awesome. Players having a safer option for themselves with virtually no aesthetic difference is great for the future of the sport.

I thought Houston at Pittsburgh looked awesome. When not paired with another navy-dominant team, I thought the new Texans uniforms were fantastic. 

usa_today_23960844.jpg

Washington's stripe-less pants aside, this game looks fantastic. This is Washington's best uniform, and there's plenty of green for the Jets to make this a colorful matchup.

usa_today_23965312.jpgusa_today_23965350.jpg

And I'm a big fan of the new midfield logo for the Giants. It looks a lot better. 

• Like 2

The guardian crap looks like crap and I hate it. I'm trying to find the quote that I saw but it stated that position specific helmets like the Vicis helmets are shown to be better at reducing concussions than the guardian cap. I'd rather the league mandates those than seeing the monstrosity that is the guardian cap on the field.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 2

19 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Please never wear another white uniform combo again.

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's gonna look like 💩 for teams with a metallic colored helmet

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I hate how the Jets cropped their logo just to fit the endzone. It looks really bad.

Everything else the Jets have done looks amazing. If this season goes to hell, they'll at least look great aesthetically again. 

GUphIPZXwAA3ELN?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

XM4KeeA.png

Why can’t the Titans look like this all the time? I truly don’t get why the navy is viewed as the better look within that organization.

Same with the Saints, who continue their tradition of getting everyone’s hopes up that the gold pants will carry over into the regular season.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

Why can’t the Titans look like this all the time? I truly don’t get why the navy is viewed as the better look within that organization.

The titans wearing their Columbia blue unis is like polishing a turd, that entire uni set is awful 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

3 hours ago, AstroCreep said:

I hate how the Jets cropped their logo just to fit the endzone. It looks really bad.

In all fairness, looks better than their old wordmark.  Granted, I would've had the full version in there like they had it back in the day, and put either the jet oval or the NY oval at midfield, but they gonna do what they do.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I like the Commanders vs Jets uniform matchup. Today's game is better than their December meeting last year.

I hope the Jets wear their regular white uniform for at least 1 home game.

I think they will. When the Jets last wore this set in the 80's, WAH was the standard for the Jets.

But the Commanders should have worn the gold pants. The white pants should only be worn with the white jerseys.