2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

11 hours ago, canzman said:

twmVjn7.jpg

I'd say the vast majority of Niners players still wear red socks with the home jersey. I'd keep the red socks as the primary depicted sock color, at least for the home jersey.

• Like 1

That would be a letdown if Dallas wears navy against Detroit again. I was hoping it would be for the Bengals Monday night game.

Speaking of the Bengals, I think there a strong likelihood that they debut their orange pants on Monday night against Washington in Week 3.

On 7/18/2024 at 2:40 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Not gonna lie, put some stripes on those white pants and this ain't a bad look.

tpTcjBs.jpeg

I concur. This would make a better white pants option with royal blue and sol (highlighter yellow) stripes on the side.

So does this mean they aren't wearing them at all until Week 16? That would be a bit ridiculous. And I knew it would happen for one of the Browns games. I hope Cleveland wears the all-white throwback for this game, but it will probably be double orange pants instead.

Cowboys jersey schedule is supposedly out...

Standard white uniforms for 12 games.

All-white helmets and unis at Giants and vs. Bengals.

Blue jerseys with silver pants at Carolina.

Blue jerseys with white pants vs. Detroit and vs. Washington.

Throwback blue jerseys vs. Giants on Turkey Day.

9 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I'm pretty sure the NFL has no rules for preseason uniforms. 

Not true unless recently changed. The NFL allows teams to wear alts for 3 games in a season and that is including preseason games. More than 3 requires an exemption from the league office.

From 2018-2020, the Jaguars would wear teal for preseason games (when black was the primary) but then they’d still wear teal twice in the regular season. One example of a possible exemption.

I know the Panthers used to wear blue and it would count for them.

I highly doubt the Titans are only gonna have one alternate jersey game in the regular season. They either got the exemption or made light blue the primary.

On 8/12/2024 at 11:57 PM, SportsFan12 said:

That would be a letdown if Dallas wears navy against Detroit again. I was hoping it would be for the Bengals Monday night game.

Speaking of the Bengals, I think there a strong likelihood that they debut their orange pants on Monday night against Washington in Week 3.

When Dallas began to wear the regular navy at home again in 2022, it's been in the last October home game.

7 hours ago, canzman said:

Not true unless recently changed. The NFL allows teams to wear alts for 3 games in a season and that is including preseason games. More than 3 requires an exemption from the league office.

The league isn't clear about this. As pointed out by SportsFan12, Jacksonville wore the teal jersey twice in the preseason and 3 during the regular season, when the teal was their alternate.

Baltimore has exceeded the limit many times, and it's unclear if they were allowed an exemption.

• Like 1

Re: preseason uniform rules, I think it is best to think about the rules more as guidelines. They will only ever be enforced if someone has an issue, and the NFL can also change their own rules on this at any time. Regardless of if the rules apply during the preseason, can any of us really expect the league to spend time butting heads with one team over wearing one jersey too many times in exhibition games? And does anyone believe another team would have an issue with it and cause a stink?

14 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

And does anyone believe another team would have an issue with it and cause a stink?

If it was Eagles and Cowboys I guarantee Jerry or Howie would be calling Goodell personally to strip the other team of draft picks and/or shoot one of their players to set an example.

• LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."