2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

17 hours ago, Shumway said:

I assume the logic for no stripes is that the same pair of pants can be worn with both the blue and white jerseys without having mismatched stripes. I don't think it'd be a big deal if the pants just had the home jersey stripes, although I'm firmly in the silver pants for all games camp.

It's really so they can wear the blue pants with the black jerseys.

The created an entire set of black details for a new blue helmet and it would be hard to a pair of blue pants with black stripes and a separate one with silver.

6621e1db7cbfb.image.jpg?resize=200,250

Obviously all this goes away if you just don't wear the black jerseys with the blue pants.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The created an entire set of black details for a new blue helmet and it would be hard to a pair of blue pants with black stripes and a separate one with silver.

Obviously all this goes away if you just don't wear the black jerseys with the blue pants.

While I'm not a fan of Detroit having black, the colors on that uniform just look great together. The blue pants ties the look together

• Like 5

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

it’s a simple solution. Add black stripes to the blue pants and just wear them with the black jersey.  

wear the silver pants, with blue and white stripes, with the home blue and away white. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, damnyoutuesday said:

While I'm not a fan of Detroit having black, the colors on that uniform just look great together. The blue pants ties the look together

For sure. It's a cool football uniform, just what I want the Lions to wear.

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

it’s a simple solution. Add black stripes to the blue pants and just wear them with the black jersey.  

wear the silver pants, with blue and white stripes, with the home blue and away white. 

And throw the white pants and white socks into the incinerator.

• Like 6

Dumb thing I totally realized

When the Jets brought back the Namath era jerseys in 1998, its first regular season game was at San Francisco

Now the Jets brought back the Sack Exchange set and its first regular season game is at... the Niners! Yeah in Santa Clara this go round, but still

• Like 3

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

1 minute ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Dumb thing I totally realized

When the Jets brought back the Namath era jerseys in 1998, its first regular season game was at San Francisco

Now the Jets brought back the Sack Exchange set and its first regular season game is at... the Niners! Yeah in Santa Clara this go round, but still

Well, I just can't wait eight years for a third run of the Namath uniforms.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

You beat me to it. If stripe-less blue pants is the cost for having this beautiful combo, while still being able to wear the blue pants with the white jersey, then I’ll gladly take it.

6 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

I think the blue pants are a good enough option with the white jersey on occasion to warrant their compromise.

5 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Or stick silver stripes on the blue pants and only wear black pants with the black jersey.

This would probably be the most sensible solution, embracing “blackout” of it all, but I simply really like how the blue pants look with the black jersey.

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Or have two pairs of blue pants...

I'm sure the Lions can afford them. 

I’ve never liked this kind of solution. It inevitably leads to somebody wearing the wrong pants, which in this case would look terrible.

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

And throw the white pants and white socks into the incinerator.

Although I understand why the blue pants don’t have stripes, I can’t say the same about the white pants. My only guess is that they for some reason are unable to replicate the metallic silver sheen they have on the jersey (which looked great, by the way) in the same way on the pants.

White socks are useful for the white jersey/blue pants combo, at least.

Just now, MJD7 said:

You beat me to it. If stripe-less blue pants is the cost for having this beautiful combo, while still being able to wear the blue pants with the white jersey, then I’ll gladly take it.

I think the blue pants are a good enough option with the white jersey on occasion to warrant their compromise.

This would probably be the most sensible solution, embracing “blackout” of it all, but I simply really like how the blue pants look with the black jersey.

I’ve never liked this kind of solution. It inevitably leads to somebody wearing the wrong pants, which in this case would look terrible.

Although I understand why the blue pants don’t have stripes, I can’t say the same about the white pants. My only guess is that they for some reason are unable to replicate the metallic silver sheen they have on the jersey (which looked great, by the way) in the same way on the pants.

White socks are useful for the white jersey/blue pants combo, at least.

Silver socks would be super cool for that combo. Didn’t they have them for a minute in the late 1990s?

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Silver socks would be super cool for that combo. Didn’t they have them for a minute in the late 1990s?

Yep:

barry-sanders-legendary-nfl-running-back

I wouldn't hate it, but the flat gray of the socks might clash with the metallic silver of the helmet.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MJD7 said:

Yep:

I wouldn't hate it, but the flat gray of the socks might clash with the metallic silver of the helmet.

This might be one time where leggings would be the better option, though I'm sure any socks today wouldn't look like that.

To add more detail, that's from the 1998 season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Well, I just can't wait eight years for a third run of the Namath uniforms.

I will admit that the Namath set had better design in terms of jerseys and pants. However, I very much prefer the modernized Concorde logo and the shiny green helmets. 

Plus…while the other uniforms may be better-designed, these are better-executed. Let’s not forget Nike’s inability to consistently reproduce that old shade of green across the uniform. Let’s also not forget how awkward the shoulder striping looked on their templates. 

Even if Nike had completely held up its own end of the bargain, the Jets’ official shade of green by this point was drab and muddy and brownish; the current shade is miles above it (pun intended though not particularly clever). 

The Namath fauxbacks looked fantastic in 1998, but the above factors caused them to age poorly, IMO. Those issues would have to be fixed before I’d be okay with the set coming back full-time; even then, I’d miss the Concorde logo and the green helmets. 

7 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Yep:

Well, at least they wouldn’t have the option of using that ugly dark grey that they just dumped. Lol

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

The Bengals have two pairs of white pants, and they've never had this issue as far as I know. 

Somehow the one time I have seen it is Patriots players wearing the old navy pants from the retired Brady-era set with the new set

• Like 1