2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

8 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I know TCU uses red accents as a reference to horned frogs shooting blood from their eyes

It would be really cool if the ravens did that in their uniforms

It would have to be subtle, moreso than this:

13737af20c5211e39b0e22000a9f12cb_7.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bbush24 said:

What an awful awful uniform.

I still can't believe they screwed this up so badly. All they had to do was mimic the pants stripe on the helmet, add a yellow outline on the G and add green socks and you would have a nice look.

I don't mind the Packers white pants, they look quite nice with a yellow helmet and green socks in Madden. It kinda reminds me of Michigan or something, it's an interesting visual situation that works out.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, kaleb_girod said:

If only they would wear navy socks instead of white ones. The gray is too light and the white socks don’t provide enough or as nice of a contrast as navy.

But I do like the gray pants myself as well.

I’m pretty sure they’re wearing navy socks. The graphic they used was a photoshop from the lions game where they wore all white, so it’s probably an intern that forgot to edit the socks.

11 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Exactly. It’s clear for some reason the Saints hate the current gold pants even though they’re the superior look. And it’s crazy that the Saints most successful era in their franchise history was done wearing gold pants…

Also, speaking of gold pants, after looking at GUD, it’s interesting to me how the Saints wore black pants in 2001 and 2002 and then quit wearing them from 2003-2005. They ONLY wore gold pants during that time. The black pants didn’t return until week 13 of 2006 and were worn every consecutive week of the season until the NFCCG.

I wonder what happened to the black pants during all that time?

Really, the most successful era of the team history was a mix of gold and black pants. Almost every year since 2006, mono-black has been the favorite at home, with white/gold and white/black sharing time on the road until ~2016ish, which is when gold pants started to see less and less time. It just so happens that the very most successful year, they wore gold pants for all three of their playoff games. They never won a playoff game in gold pants in the Brees era other than that year.

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The Packers white helmet reminds me of the Cowboys white helmet where the helmet stripe inexplicably doesn’t match the pants stripe.

spacer.png

I kinda understand why the pants stripe has gray seeing as they originally wore the normal helmet with this set. Though since the jersey doesn’t have any silver, I would introduce a new white pant to match the helmet.

The Packers design is worse, by far. At least Dallas has a history of the white helmet and that jersey style. Green Bay totally feels like “just because” and there was zero thought put into it to have a cohesive or appealing design besides “icy whites ❄️🥶.” They have no business in white pants, let alone a white helmet. And if you are going to have a white helmet, why not match the helmet stripe to the pants? I realize the jersey stripe has a different application but that’s a discussion for another day.

It's like teams don't understand that just because a uniform was introduced as a color rush 8 years ago, doesn't mean it can never be altered in any way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

What's the point of having 2 DIFFERENT WHITE PANTS when you are just going to wear the Black ones with the White jersey?

I'm not sure if we're allowed to say [MOD EDIT} here, but this is [MOD EDIT].

Seriously what's everybody's problem with two sets of white pants?  They serve a different function in their uniforms. The Falcons had something similar with their pre-2020 uniforms.

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Colin56 said:

Really, the most successful era of the team history was a mix of gold and black pants. Almost every year since 2006, mono-black has been the favorite at home, with white/gold and white/black sharing time on the road until ~2016ish, which is when gold pants started to see less and less time. It just so happens that the very most successful year, they wore gold pants for all three of their playoff games. They never won a playoff game in gold pants in the Brees era other than that year.

True, they wore the gold pants primarily in the playoffs in 2009 and during their Super Bowl victory. But they also wore gold pants for the return game back from Katrina in 2006. The “rebirth” game/Gleason blocked punt, They also wore gold pants in the 2000 wild card game against the Rams which was their first ever playoff win in franchise history. It was also the infamous “Hakim dropped the ball” game.

The gold pants definitely have their share of big moments in Saint history.

• Like 3

On 10/13/2024 at 9:57 PM, BBTV said:

Nothing in the states is more autumnal than football, and there's no more autumnal colors than brown and orange.  I'm not suggesting they change their name to the Cleveland Fighting Trees, but orange and brown is a great combination, and nature agrees.

colorful-autumn-trees-park-60446002.jpg

There is some red and yellow in it too. So technically it's not just the brown and orange. Have you see how the Browns produce their brown? They should just go with vermillion and just rid orange altogether.

12 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

If only they would wear navy socks instead of white ones. The gray is too light and the white socks don’t provide enough or as nice of a contrast as navy.

But I do like the gray pants myself as well.

I think in the ideal world it would be this:

- Main Home is Navy/Grey/Navy

- Alt home for "primetime" games is all blue

- Main road is White/blue/white

- Alt road is White/grey/navy (for teams that are blue hued/tinted; i.e. Bills, Panthers, etc)

- Green jerseys used for special occasions

- Throwbacks for divisional opponents. 

3 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

There is some red and yellow in it too. So technically it's not just the brown and orange. Have you see how the Browns produce their brown? They should just go with vermillion and just rid orange altogether.

A few years ago (2015 ish) they actually adjusted the orange in their helmets to be a little closer to vermillion. It’s too red for me. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

A few years ago (2015 ish) they actually adjusted the orange in their helmets to be a little closer to vermillion. It’s too red for me. 

I think that is the colors they need to go with now. The vermillion and brown color scheme could benefit their look a lot more. I am sorry for saying this, but something has to be done with their look. God, orange and brown is an ugly combination. Black and orange is a very nice combo, but gee whiz, brown and orange 🤮🍊💩

• Meh 1
  • Dislike 6

On 10/16/2024 at 9:43 AM, bbush24 said:

What an awful awful uniform.

The Packers got too cute trying to used gold flakes sprinkled sporadically throughout the helmet like the white primary AZ Cardinals helmet with silver flakes. I think that’s why they nixed any other usage of yellow on the helmet  even though gold flakes do not match with athletic gold stripes on the rest of the uniform. 

In related news, the Texans are also unveiling a new combo with their new uniforms - all dark blue. 

So in short, it’s a black & white matchup at Lambeau 

• Dislike 1
  • Hate 2
  • Facepalm 2
NYCdog.png