2024 Summer Olympics in Paris

46 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Team USA felt like Ruben Studdard feeling sorry for 2004, now they will be sorry in 2024 unless they have a come back in them

53 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The reigning and 3x NBA MVP un inspiring US Hoops will be playing for bronze.

I had to change the channel, guess it worked out! 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Serbia, 1 all-star and 11 jabronis took Team USA to the limit. If Serbia has just one star outside of Jokic, USA is playing for bronze and we witness an all-time Olympic upset.

Also, USA should probably fear France in the final.

6uXNWAo.png

The USA Women are going to cruise through another basketball gold medal aren't they?  And they have a lot more potential Olympians in the pipeline coming up for 2028 too: Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese, Paige Bueckers, Juju Watkins and Hannah Hidalgo. Not to mention veterans like 2024 All Star Game MVP Arike Ogunbowle and Skylar Diggins Smith (to name a few).  There will be spots open as Diana Taurasi isn't going to be on the 2028 team and I can't see Brittney Griner or Alyssa Thomas coming back.  Chelsea Gray is a maybe as she'll be 35 in 2028 and in 2028, Jewell Lloyd will be 34 in 2028 so she's a maybe too.  Everyone else is likely to return.  Vacancies on that team will open the door for Clark, Reese and possibly Bueckers in 2028.  

• Yawn 1

5 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Olympic breaking, yes, breakdancing started today

It's odd. The moves are impressive, but I have no idea how this is scored. However, I do know that the Australian soccer mom got absolutely humiliated by that Lithuanian teenager.

spacer.png

So baseball is coming back in 2028.  So how are the teams going to be picked this time?  I'm sure that there will be independent league players for the Americans to choose from while the Latin American countries and Japan and South Korea will be able to pick players from their domestic leagues.  

Meanwhile, the Dodgers and Angels will be on the road for two weeks during that time.  

49 minutes ago, burgundy said:

It's odd. The moves are impressive, but I have no idea how this is scored. However, I do know that the Australian soccer mom got absolutely humiliated by that Lithuanian teenager.

The judges base their score on five factors:

Technique (Doing the moves correctly)

Vocabulary (The amount of moves one does)

Execution (How clean the moves are)

Musicality (How well they react to the music)

Originality (How well they can 'wow' the audience)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The USA Women are going to cruise through another basketball gold medal aren't they?

Title IX gave us a huge advantage over the rest of the world. While we were forcing universities to give scholarships to female athletes, other countries were banning them. The rest of the world has caught up in soccer but basketball isn't as popular worldwide as soccer and the rest of the world still has a long way to go before they catch us in WBB. I, for one, couldn't be happier about that fact.

The US has lost a grand total of three games in Olympic WBB. Two of those losses were in the very first tournament in 1976. That's how dominant we are.

It's beautiful.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)