"Mountain" Dew Returns

Sec19Row53

Slated to roll out next year, it will no longer be Mtn Dew, but it will revert to Mountain Dew. Pepsico is trying to bring back the emphasis on citrus and downplay the energy aspect due to falling sales.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/09/food/mountain-dew-new-logo-packaging/index.html

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

It's interesting because in other parts of the world, they kept the "Mountain Dew" spelling with the current logo. It feels like a combo of the style of the retro logo and the can designs of the current branding.

rAUPGPZ.png

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Slated to roll out next year, it will no longer be Mtn Dew, but it will revert to Mountain Dew. Pepsico is trying to bring back the emphasis on citrus and downplay the energy aspect due to falling sales.

If they really wanted to downplay the "energy" aspect of Mountain Dew, they would reduce the drink's caffeine, which is 54% higher than in Pepsi-Cola.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

7 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I am surprised they dont release this nationwide to downplay the caffeine  more

spacer.png

spacer.png

Diet Mountain Dew isn't even nationwide (based on personal experience trying to find it when traveling for work), so I don't think that's gonna happen.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

27 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Diet Mountain Dew isn't even nationwide (based on personal experience trying to find it when traveling for work), so I don't think that's gonna happen.

I think they tried to replace it with Mountain Dew Zero Sugar, but it was totally not the same, so some places sell one or the other and some sell both. 

21 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I prefer drinking DMD than any Pepsi drinks when I go to PepsiCo restaurants, but over the past few years I've seen more and more of these restaurants phase out DMD for specific flavors. KFC has Sweet Lightning, Applebee's has Dark Berry Bash, Buffalo Wild Wings has Legend, etc. It looks like PepsiCo is wanting Mountain Dew Zero Sugar to phase out Diet Mountain Dew, but thankfully most of the gas stations where I am from still have Diet Dew.

rAUPGPZ.png

Bringing "Mountain" back is a good move, but I've never cared for 3-D-esque kind of logos. I think the 1996 version would've worked pretty good as a blueprint.

Worth pointing out that the 1969 version made me read it as "Kountain Dew" because my eyes always look to the top left when I'm about to read a lettered logo.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2024 at 3:36 PM, Cujo said:

New logo to save y'all a click

p-1-91203861-mountain-dew-rebrand.jpg

Very nice; I still prefer the '69 logo myself, but I do definitely get a similar vibe to the '96 version, feels like a modernization of that one, which I'm still in favor of. The kicker is I don't even like Mountain Dew as a drink, but before 2009 they always had really good branding, and it's nice to see that come back.

On 10/9/2024 at 7:08 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

In true Mandela effect fashion, despite Mtn Dew being the soda everyone raved about in high school, I don't remember it being entitled "MTN DEW".

I'm a Diet Mountain Dew/MD Zero guy, and have been for years and years.  I'm glad they've brought the mountain back.  As for the rest of their marketing/branding, it's fine. 

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I'm a Diet Mountain Dew/MD Zero guy, and have been for years and years.  I'm glad they've brought the mountain back.  As for the rest of their marketing/branding, it's fine. 

I'm also a Diet Mountain Dew guy. I can't drink Mountain Dew Zero because it tastes too sweet to me. It tastes much more like regular Mountain Dew than Diet Mountain Dew does

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm also a Diet Mountain Dew guy. I can't drink Mountain Dew Zero because it tastes too sweet to me. It tastes much more like regular Mountain Dew than Diet Mountain Dew does

It's too jarring to try a regular Dew anymore.  It's like syrup, practically.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter