Monday Night Football observation

Chazberg

Watching the game, I realized the Ravens are wearing solid black socks, ditching those nice striped ones they used to wear for home and road games. I think it's a shame, since seemingly everyone now has black socks, and I thought the striped ones were unique. Anyone know if they've had these all season?

I also like striped socks better than the solid ones. The Colts just went back to striped socks, and i think they're overdue for a comeback.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I just noticed them now too. personally I like them better than the striped ones

Same here. Now if they'd only do something about the helmet logo...

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I'd like to see them have either just the "B" logo, which would look very good, or the Baltimore Shield, which has a touch of royalty and class.

I'm in favor of using the "B" logo. I think that would be the first helmet they would have that would look professional.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

And for what it's worth, here are my ratings of the different NFL helmets. Naturally, this is open to comment.

1. Rams. Just a classy looking helmet, and the first to have a design on it. The first is still the best.

2. Colts. Simple but effective logo, and very classy.

3. Chiefs. The arrowhead is what makes it, and the KC on the inside is a nice touch that other helmets with letters don't have.

4. Vikings. OK, so I like horned helmets. And besides, I am a Vikings fan, so naturally their helmets get higher grades than others would probably say.

5. Cowboys. I hate the Dallas Cowboys, but I have to admit I love their uniforms. And their helmets say Dallas Cowboys.

6. Cardinals. A mean-looking bird that's been around for a long time. Too bad the team hasn't played as mean.

7. Broncos. A good helmet. Fierce-looking Bronco. But it's not as good as the old one.

8. Bengals. I know, this is a controversial pick as many would have the Bengals' helmets down a ways, but I like the tiger stripes.

9. Lions. The leaping Lion was a lot better before last year when they added the black border.

10. Saints. Simple, classic-looking fleur de lis. Too bad the Saints play like flowers.

11. Texans. I still don't know what the logo means for the term Texans other than to associate cattle skulls with Texas, but the color combo and the Lone Star look nifty.

12. Falcons. Great modified logo, but the uniforms suck.

13. Seahawks. Another good-looking modified logo, much better than the past. But I'm still not convinced about that shade of purple.

14. Panthers. A fierce-looking Panther, but I still don't understand the stripes.

15. Bills. Nice buffalo silhouette, but it just doesn't thrill me.

16. Eagles. Classic look, but I can't decide whether this is best, or the old Ron Jaworski helmets were best, or the old old Norm Snead look was best, or ...

17. Buccaneers. Much better than the old Buccaneer Bruce look.

18. Chargers. If they can't go back to the old John Hadl look, can they at least go back to the royal blue with gold facemasks, the Dan Fouts look?

19. Redskins. I prefer the spear.

20. Giants. Best of the lettered helmets, going back to the classic NY. But it's still a lettered helmet.

21. Packers. Say cheese, Packer fans. Of course, we Viking fans associate the yellow with something else.

22. 49ers. Thank God they didn't go to the plan to put 49ers on the helmets.

23. Browns. They may be classic, but they're still as boring as an Indians game at old Municipal Stadium.

24. Steelers. It gets good points for having the U.S. Steel logo. Very clever. But it goes down on the list for being on only one side. I know it's a tradition, but sometimes traditions should change.

25. Bears. The helmet is, ahem, bearable, but a yawner.

26. Jaguars. A nice, fierce-looking Jaguar head, but what kind of animal has a teal tongue?

27. Patriots. 1, The helmet should be red, white or blue, not silver. 2, Doesn't that Patriot look like Elvis?

28. Dolphins. At least the helmet isn't as bad as the Miami offensive line.

29. Titans. I know the design is supposed to be somewhat in the fashion of the Tennessee state flag. But then what are the blue flames doing in that logo?

30. Raiders. A helmet only Al Davis, and maybe Joe Paterno, could love.

31. Ravens. Get rid of that stupid B on the side of the bird's head.

And the worst helmet is ...

32. Jets. Sure, it may evoke memories of Joe Namath. But it was a lousy helmet when Namath wore it. The logo is cluttered. It's plain. It's boring. But it is better than those green helmets the Jets finally got rid of.

I'd like to see them have either just the "B" logo, which would look very good, or the Baltimore Shield, which has a touch of royalty and class.

I'm in favor of using the "B" logo. I think that would be the first helmet they would have that would look professional.

I was thinking of something like this:

Ravens.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

And for what it's worth, here are my ratings of the different NFL helmets. Naturally, this is open to comment.

1. Rams. Just a classy looking helmet, and the first to have a design on it. The first is still the best.

2. Colts. Simple but effective logo, and very classy.

3. Chiefs. The arrowhead is what makes it, and the KC on the inside is a nice touch that other helmets with letters don't have.

4. Vikings. OK, so I like horned helmets. And besides, I am a Vikings fan, so naturally their helmets get higher grades than others would probably say.

5. Cowboys. I hate the Dallas Cowboys, but I have to admit I love their uniforms. And their helmets say Dallas Cowboys.

6. Cardinals. A mean-looking bird that's been around for a long time. Too bad the team hasn't played as mean.

7. Broncos. A good helmet. Fierce-looking Bronco. But it's not as good as the old one.

8. Bengals. I know, this is a controversial pick as many would have the Bengals' helmets down a ways, but I like the tiger stripes.

9. Lions. The leaping Lion was a lot better before last year when they added the black border.

10. Saints. Simple, classic-looking fleur de lis. Too bad the Saints play like flowers.

11. Texans. I still don't know what the logo means for the term Texans other than to associate cattle skulls with Texas, but the color combo and the Lone Star look nifty.

12. Falcons. Great modified logo, but the uniforms suck.

13. Seahawks. Another good-looking modified logo, much better than the past. But I'm still not convinced about that shade of purple.

14. Panthers. A fierce-looking Panther, but I still don't understand the stripes.

15. Bills. Nice buffalo silhouette, but it just doesn't thrill me.

16. Eagles. Classic look, but I can't decide whether this is best, or the old Ron Jaworski helmets were best, or the old old Norm Snead look was best, or ...

17. Buccaneers. Much better than the old Buccaneer Bruce look.

18. Chargers. If they can't go back to the old John Hadl look, can they at least go back to the royal blue with gold facemasks, the Dan Fouts look?

19. Redskins. I prefer the spear.

20. Giants. Best of the lettered helmets, going back to the classic NY. But it's still a lettered helmet.

21. Packers. Say cheese, Packer fans. Of course, we Viking fans associate the yellow with something else.

22. 49ers. Thank God they didn't go to the plan to put 49ers on the helmets.

23. Browns. They may be classic, but they're still as boring as an Indians game at old Municipal Stadium.

24. Steelers. It gets good points for having the U.S. Steel logo. Very clever. But it goes down on the list for being on only one side. I know it's a tradition, but sometimes traditions should change.

25. Bears. The helmet is, ahem, bearable, but a yawner.

26. Jaguars. A nice, fierce-looking Jaguar head, but what kind of animal has a teal tongue?

27. Patriots. 1, The helmet should be red, white or blue, not silver. 2, Doesn't that Patriot look like Elvis?

28. Dolphins. At least the helmet isn't as bad as the Miami offensive line.

29. Titans. I know the design is supposed to be somewhat in the fashion of the Tennessee state flag. But then what are the blue flames doing in that logo?

30. Raiders. A helmet only Al Davis, and maybe Joe Paterno, could love.

31. Ravens. Get rid of that stupid B on the side of the bird's head.

And the worst helmet is ...

32. Jets. Sure, it may evoke memories of Joe Namath. But it was a lousy helmet when Namath wore it. The logo is cluttered. It's plain. It's boring. But it is better than those green helmets the Jets finally got rid of.

I have to respectfully disagree. You've got most of your top 10 classic simiple helmets. Very good my friend. Then you have the Bears and the Packers near the bottom? Are you nuts? But, you are a vikings fan, so that could have something to do with it :P

yeah... i disagree with about 90% of his helmet rankings.... and i'm still trying to figure out where in the seahawks helmet he sees any purple.... i see the seahawks as like a dark teal, a regular blue-green, and lime green... no purple.

yeah... i disagree with about 90% of his helmet rankings.... and i'm still trying to figure out where in the seahawks helmet he sees any purple.... i see the seahawks as like a dark teal, a regular blue-green, and lime green... no purple.

I was about to say the same thing about Seattle, no Purple there...

What do they "Officially" call it?

I say it's "Steel Blue".

The lime accent is my favorite...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

i think its actually a custom color, color master correct me on this? it might be called seahawk blue. haha.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I stand corrected on the purple or non-purple in the Seahawks uniforms. I am a tad color blind and I do have trouble telling the difference between blues and purples on such things. So I'll call it Seahawk blue. Anway, I'm not so convinced on the Seahawk blue.

As for helmets such as the Packers and Bears, I'm just not a fan of only using letters on helmets. They may have historic significance, but they seem to show a lack of creativity.

Now, if there were any helmet logos I would change or wouldn't change, I certainly wouldn't change the Packers logo even though I see it as kind of boring. But for the Bears, I'd rather see that C with the Bear coming out of it.

And keep those cards and letters coming in, folks.

I was about to say the same thing about Seattle, no Purple there...

What do they "Officially" call it?

I say it's "Steel Blue".

I think they refer to it as Seattle Seahawks Pacific Blue.

Archived