Minnesota Gophers football concept

Joshawaggie

ok, this is as good an opportunity as any for me to finally rant on something thats been annoying me for a while

if Minnesota is the Golden GOPHERS, then how come they dont have a gopher as thier mascot?

what they currently use is actually a ground squirrel. True gophers do not have a big bushy tail like that. Gophers actually have a tail that is a shorter looking rat's tail. also external ears are small and the front incisors are much more prominent. That is what a gopher is supposed to look like.

and this ends today's edition of Ask The Exterminator

cue the Johnny Carson era Tonight Show music

yeah so, I hate the way the Gophers look, it looks cheaply done. I was hoping to give them a simple, classic look, thats not dull or cheap looking, so please tell me if this is good or garbage.

gophersfootball.png

first concept in a while.

When u guys make those concepts, how do u get the numbers? all the templates i have dont have numbers/

ok, this is as good an opportunity as any for me to finally rant on something thats been annoying me for a while

if Minnesota is the Golden GOPHERS, then how come they dont have a gopher as thier mascot?

what they currently use is actually a ground squirrel. True gophers do not have a big bushy tail like that. Gophers actually have a tail that is a shorter looking rat's tail. also external ears are small and the front incisors are much more prominent. That is what a gopher is supposed to look like.

and this ends today's edition of Ask The Exterminator

cue the Johnny Carson era Tonight Show music

Anyway ... <_<

Josh, I love that concept except for the gold helmet. I like the maroon helmet's they use. But otherwise, what you did here is great. While watching the game to me I felt bothered by the gold pants. Maroon would be much better.

Your design is very traditionaly and classy. Nice work.

I am one that would prefer a maroon helmet, too. Though gold can work. I know that it is hard to represent that on something like that. However, I do like the stripes on the sleeve, the UCLA / LSU look. That to me is a very cool traditional look for college football teams.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

yeah so, I hate the way the Gophers look, it looks cheaply done. I was hoping to give them a simple, classic look, thats not dull or cheap looking, so please tell me if this is good or garbage.

gophersfootball.png

first concept in a while.

Good job on the unis, although I would make the following adjustments:

1. Move the TV numbers to the shoulder and put the Minnesota M where the numbers are (Gold on Maroon Jersey, Maroon on White Jersey).

2. Have the large numbers on the maroon jerseys be gold to match the TV numbers.

3. Have a gold pair of pants with maroon and white stripes (Alternate).

4. Have a gold jersey with maroon and white shoulder stripes, maroon numbers and maroon Minnesota M.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

I like the "hoop" stripe around the shoulders. It adds a little more character to the jersey, as compared to the current solid maroon home and white road jersey. I have always liked the USC jerseys. I wish the Gophers could do something different.

I also think they should go back to a grey facemask. And change the "M" logo on the helmet to what they wore during the 1997-98 seasons. Credit due to The Helmet Project for the 97-98 example. The current logo is too small and could use an extra outline color. This program has a great tradition and I would like to see some uniform changes to make them stand out.

Remember when the Gophers wore all-gold uniforms at home? Now that was way too much.

I like Josh's look, but like others, I would prefer the maroon helmet. And I think I'd prefer gold pants for the home uniforms.

But what the Gophers need isn't new uniforms. They need a new stadium.

I tried doing this concept with the maroon helomets, gold pants, the usual... but thats exactly why I didnt use them, its too comon for a maroon and gold team to use that combo. Maroon helmet gold pants, too much like USC, Gold helmet Gold pants, too much like ASU, I just wanted to mix it up a bit. Thanks for the comments though!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Nice work on the concept. I like the current look alright although the M on the helmet could be bigger and I would like the TV numbers on the sleaves. The U is in process of attempting to build an on campus stadium.

Why go back to gray facemasks? when the school's colors are maroon and gold.

http://www1.umn.edu/stadium/index.html

stadium webpage

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

I am not crazy about the White outline around the M and am not in favor for returning to a gray mask when gray or silver is not a team color. Their current helmets are fine imo except the M could be bigger.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

minnesota, although simple as times new roman, looks damn good on the field. the one things thats bothered me, and i dont know if this is still present, and even if it is, its almost invisible, but i hate the black ouline around the M on the helmet. it doesnt contrast with the maroon, so its useless amyway. maroon and black kind of clash anyway. so i would like to see maroon pants with the white jersey though, becasue i dont kike a white on silver, yellow, gold, etc. combination. those colors dont have enough contrast with white in my opinion and it looks funny. stck with white on white, or, better yet, use the darker, more dominating and contrasting color against the white.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived