Red Sox win

lopernv

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just thought that this was a fitting punishment for the comments you made about yesterday's game.

comments like this are just like kicking sand in someones face. Raggin on a team is fine enough, but don't make things personal.

Everyone eats crow about comments they make, everyone. JQK apologised about what he said, which I think was very big of him to do, I can understand how fans can get emotionally attatched to a team, how much a team means to someone, and how it feels like utter garbage when they get screwed.

and to say that is just a slap in the face

But anyways, getting back on topic and away from assinine comments:

Do the BoSox have what it takes to takke down the Cards or the Astros? I thought it was wierd as hell them bringing Pedro in to pitch. Anyone think it'll play a role in his performance int he Series?

I think the Red Sox can beat the Astros or the Cards.

And no, it was only one inning for Pedro. I think he'll be fine for the World Series.

IUe6Hvh.png

Now in the unlikely event teh SOx dont win the WOrld Series what will this be viewed as in Boston?

An opportunity to burn cars in the street?

More seriously, that's a good question. It's funny when you see replays of the 1975 World Series you only see game 6 and Fisk's home run. You never see Game 7 and a Reds victory.

I'd guess this would be no different. It would become part of the Boston sports folklore, but we'd still have to listen to how they're cursed.

I hope the Red Sox will have a good Series. They now are very light because they eliminated the Yankees who almost eliminated Boston in that unforgettable Game 4.

Winning the ALCS with 4 consecutives feats gives a huge backup in the BoSox players' spirit.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Now in the unlikely event teh SOx dont win the WOrld Series what will this be viewed as in Boston?

Curse continues. Just looking at that date, 1918 wow, just shy of 90 years. I wonder how hte Sox are gonna do in 2018, and how big a celebration this would have been in that year

Curse continues.

The only ones which they believe in the curse are superstitious.

They don't believe in the hard work, they believe only in the good and bad luck to explain some things that happened in this world.

In order to win, it is necessary to play good baseball.

The only time that Boston had bad luck was in 1986 with Buckner. The other times when Boston lost big games, there were misplays or low performance of key players.

I never believed in curses. Only in a crafted and well done work.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

It's the year of the underdog, my friends! Good triumphs over evil! I'll let you sort out what that means for the presidential election. :D

Doesn't mean anything until we find out the results of the week 8 Green Bay at Washington game. ^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Curse continues.

They don't believe in the hard work, they believe only in the good and bad luck to explain some things that happened in this world.

The only time that Boston had bad luck was in 1986 with Buckner. The other times when Boston lost big games, there were misplays or low performance of key players.

Athletes in every sport are all about superstition. Game day meals, playoff hair and beards, routines, and the list goes on and on.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

This is what I was trying to get at in my previous post. The curse is more about the Yankees, but if they don't win the World Series then Yankee fans will still chant 1918 in the face of Red Sox fans.

What's also lost is that the NLCS has also been exciting. I'm hoping St. Louis will win the World Series and become the second team to make double-digit titles.

I saw, I came, I left.

Curse continues.

Athletes in every sport are all about superstition. Game day meals, playoff hair and beards, routines, and the list goes on and on.

Right, Dale Earnhardt Jr. had a volleyball painted like Wilson from Cast Away..he won three races with it..so he kept it.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I would like to see St. Louis, The Yankees of the N.L., get in and win the whole ball of wax.

Houston would do fine as well.

As a t-shirt said once "My two favorite teams are the Yankees and whoever is playing the Red Sox"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I would like to see St. Louis, The Yankees of the N.L., get in and win the whole ball of wax.

"The Yankees of the N.L."?

From what's usually described as a "small market city"?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

In terms of tradition and championships, I imagine.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well, in terms of World Series titles, I would say the Cards are the Yankees of the NL. Hopefully they can get to double-digit titles this year.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived