Do do that voodoo that you do so well...

Frylock

It's no big deal, as it was probably one of the worst-kept secrets, but the New Orleans Arena Football expansion franchise has officially announced it's name and logo today.

New Orleans VooDoo

ACF351B.gif

From www.arenafootball.com

AFL Headlines

New Orleans VooDoo kickoff in 2004

Continuing his dedication to providing the best sports entertainment to the New Orleans area, Saints owner Tom Benson has brought an Arena Football League expansion franchise to the city. The New Orleans VooDoo are scheduled to kickoff play at the New Orleans Arena in February of 2004, and the league’s exciting brand of football and economical pricing is expected to make the VooDoo a fan favorite in New Orleans.

Benson, Owner of the Saints for the last 18 years, committed to the purchase of an AFL club for New Orleans in 1998, making him the first NFL owner to do so. Since then, several NFL owners have followed Benson’s lead and purchased Arena franchises. After Benson’s commitment, the AFL officially awarded the Saints’ owner an expansion franchise on March 7, 2002. Last spring, fans voted to name the new club the “VooDoo” in an online poll at www.NewOrleansSaints.com.

“I remain committed to the greater good of the sports scene in New Orleans, as well as to this city and the Gulf South region as a whole, and bringing in a new Arena Football League franchise is another positive step forward for our community,” Benson said. “The AFL is exciting to me as an owner, and will certainly bring excitement to sports fans in and around New Orleans. We were drawn to the AFL because of its quality ownership, its national television contract with NBC and its strong leadership on top in the form of Commissioner David Baker.”

Said Baker: "Tom Benson was the first NFL owner to step forward and join the Arena Football League in 1998," said Baker. "I am thrilled that his vision and support are coming to fruition and that he will be fielding a team in 2004. The VooDoo represent the cornerstone of AFL growth for the 2004 season."

That growth is evident in the new teams that are entering the league. Nashville – owned by Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams – has already been approved to play next season pending it secures an arena-lease agreement. Other markets interested in AFL teams for 2004 are Philadelphia, Boston, Columbus, St. Louis and Washington, owned by Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder. Other NFL owners involved in AFL ownership are Dallas Cowboys/Desperados owner Jerry Jones and Denver Broncos owner/Colorado Crush part-owner Pat Bowlen, who is joined by former Broncos quarterback John Elway in the venture.

Often recognized as one of the nation's most affordable and fan-friendly sports leagues, the Arena Football League kicked off its 17th season and first on NBC in February. NBC has provided the AFL with unprecedented exposure by televising up to 70 games, including all playoff contests and ArenaBowl XVII on June 22.

Former Saints Director of Regional Sales & Marketing Mike Feder will head the VooDoo as Executive Director. Rita LeBlanc, a Saints employee and Benson’s granddaughter, has been named Director of Marketing and Special Events for the VooDoo. The VooDoo’s coaching staff and football operations officials will be hired through the efforts of Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager of Football Operations Mickey Loomis and his staff.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

yup, that was the basic idea I wanted to get across with the NHL fantasy concept I did for New Orleans. However this look unveiled by the New Orleans AFL team perfected that idea.

Of course I called the team in my concept the "Magicians" because I knew if I used a singular name like "Voodoo" most of you would roast me for it!

at least it's better than Night :P

Yeah...that New Orleans Night logo always reminded me of the Wendy's "Eat Great Even Late" signs at the drive thru...

Mmmmm, Spicy Chicken.....

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think we have to take this lovo in it's context. It is a very nice logo, nice lines, good color use, and not disgusting. But now take into account that it is an AFL logo, and HOT-DIGGITY-DOG-SHlT it's a great logo.

It was the worst kept secret, but i liked it as a crappy TESS black and white drawing, and i like it even more now

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Replace the red and blue with green and purple in some form, and make the tanish color match the Saints gold, and you have yourself a great logo for the AFL.

What, must all minor league teams in Nawlins have the same colour scheme?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Replace the red and blue with green and purple in some form, and make the tanish color match the Saints gold, and you have yourself a great logo for the AFL.

What, must all minor league teams in Nawlins have the same colour scheme?

Isn't it the New Orleans Brass?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Well, what can you do with a team called the voodoo? I guess I got my answer. ??? That reminds me, does anyone have a picture of the old Vancouver Voodoo logo of the RHI? ???

I saw, I came, I left.

I know its arena ball,and a singular name......but i like it....i like it alot  :D

Oh btw I have the Vancouver Voodoo logo,but dont have any idea on how to post pics on here,so email me at ninja_mouse316@yahoo.com and i will send it to ya if ya like

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Great! Thanks! Now that I've seen it again, I find that Voodoo logo better than the football one! But then again, I find that the RHI logos were just awful, amature-like!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived