Newark Bears unveil new logo...

Brian in Boston

Wow...this is quite a departure from the colors they told me that they were considering a while back. Here's what they were thinking a year or so ago:

NEWARK BEARS DARK BLUE

NEWARK BEARS BROWN

NEWARK BEARS TAN

NEWARK BEARS LIGHT BLUE

I like these better...

Those colors are awful! :puke:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Say it with me, kids:

B, B, S and S at the same time.

In other words, the unholy Superfecta.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

There's no such thing. There's "sucks and blows", hence the oxymoron-like statement, nothing else. Anything else added to it is just stupid. So if it's worse than "sucks and blows", then it's horrible.

Even the real Simon Cowell doesn't say "it's ghastly" ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

as half a bear head, it ain't 1/4 bad :D

lame jokes aside, i too would like to see a full bear head. started well, but apparently they forgot to give the bear a body :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

From Ballparkwatch.com

Newark Bears do not unveil new logo NEW!

Posted November 4, 2004

Our bad: the Newark Bears (independent; Atlantic League) have not officially unveiled their new logo. The Bears are working with a transitional logo and will unveil a new logo later this offseason. The logo at right is a transitional logo used to announce happenings like the Newark Bears Street Team, which will make appearances at at festivals, parades, tree lighting ceremonies, fundraisers and Little League events throughout Newark and surrounding towns throughout the off season.

Our bad: the Newark Bears (independent; Atlantic League) have not officially unveiled their new logo. The Bears are working with a transitional logo and will unveil a new logo later this offseason. The logo at right is a transitional logo used to announce happenings like the Newark Bears Street Team, which will make appearances at at festivals, parades, tree lighting ceremonies, fundraisers and Little League events throughout Newark and surrounding towns throughout the off season.

I'm calling at least partial bull$hit on this one!

I believe that the "transitional logo" on the Newark Bear's website is, at the very least, something that has been under consideration as the club's new logo. Aside from the "Killroy-esque" depiction of the bear, the quality of the artwork is of a refinement that doesn't suggest a "temporary" or "transitional" logo to me. I mean, we're not talking clip-art here, gang. It was obviously designed by someone with an idea about what constitutes good design.

My guess is that the bear now depicted on the website is either (1) a concept that was part of an earlier phase of the design process, but abandoned in favor of another new design, or (2) a partial reveal of a logo that will appear in it's entirety later in the offseason.

Archived