Indianapolis Colts Logo

clyon81

I probably should have thrown together a helmet or something. But I wasnt even sure if this topic was discussed or not...

Going through my hats, I came across a San Angelo Colts hat that my brother sent me when he was in Texas. It has a similar horse shoe like the Indianapolis colts, but its turned to make a "C"

I know most of you would be opposed to it because of tradition, but do you think the logo turned to make a "C" would work? Look good?

Just curious to hear from the gallery. :P

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

I remember--as a kid--wondering why they had a "U" on their helmets--as the picture I saw was at an angle--then I saw a better angle, and realized it was a horseshoe, and I suppose if turned on its side there would be a larger number of people who make that mistake...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

it'd bad luck to have a horse shoe going in any direction except up. if you turn it on it's side, or like a lower case "n", then the luck will supposedly spill out of the horse shoe.

maybe that's just a texas thing, but i've heard that since i was a little kid.

Back in 1984 or so, I took a tour of the Hoosier Dome (good gosh, I hated that name), and they had a sign up that had "COLTS" spelled out with the "C" being the horseshoe on its side. I always thought that was kinda nice. However, I've also heard about the luck-thing as well.

I like the idea, I mean, I haven't seen anything that looks like it yet, but yea. It seems like a good idea, but I dunno....it would seem....different? Not correct? I dont know. It just wouldn't seem right on the helmet after all these years of it being a "U".

I have heard from many when the team was first brought forth they horse shoe was up side down and then it was bought to their attention that hanging upside down meant bad luck.

Also here is some information for a website about the luck of a horse shoe..

Horseshoe

A horseshoe was meant to protect one's house and land and, to keep strangers away.

In former times, one used to be nailed to the mast of a ship - even Admiral Nelson's "Victory" carried a horseshoe when put to sea.

Today taxi drivers try to get a 'U' in their registration number plate in order to be protected against bad luck. The 'open end' has to be up, of course, because obviously, you want to avoid your going down the drain. There are people, however, who believe in hanging the horseshoe upside down as otherwise it would remind them of the devil's horns! Of course, some claim to put it up as 'C' for Christ.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Well I guess it would be ok...

Since Peyton Manning spends most of the time on his back... the shoe would be pointing up after all!

Would this be the same Peyton Manning who has been sacked a league-low 5 times?

I guess you mean like this?

colts.jpg

Oh about five years or so ago, I ran a fantasy football league and for fun, I made helmets for everyone and built a website for the standings... mostly basic stuff, but some owners got really into it and wanted specific logos designed, others didn't. One that I made was a Colts helmet with the horseshoe turned like that for a team that started with a C, can't remember the name ... never heard the bad-luck legend, and it turns out it wasn't for the guy -- he won the league easily. I remember because the website was nothing but that helmet, a link and "champs" for several years until geocities finally dumped it (not sure why).

Since Peyton Manning spends most of the time on his back... the shoe would be pointing up after all!

I'm guessing, since he's a Seahawk fan, it's just a bit of Quarterback envy.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

I just hate Peyton Manning...

I remember a few years ago I saw some NFL Films thing on him, and they were interviewing him and he seemed to have the personality of a rock.

Just being all negative on guys who get excited and celebrate and making comments that distance him from his team mates.

My comment was meant as a joke, not as something to be taken as statistically accurate.

Archived