Brooklyn Bulldogs Fantasy Concept

Phil

Sy, this has the making of a fantastic logo. I love the work you did on the head.

However, a few things need some work, IMO:

- I think a little more sag needs to be made to the front left arm.

- The backend of the the front right leg needs an adjustment as well. Maybe make it a solid piece from paw to paw?

- The back feet need some adjustments as well.

Overall the wordmark, they logo style and colors all work superbly together.

Keep it up, buddy. This may just be your best work.

I'll bet you spent a lot of time on the light/shadow in the face. It shows. It looks Really good, but in the bottom "jowl" may be too big. Where it hits the leg it just makes the dog look fat. A fat head. Maybe that gets tightened up. Overall I love its efficiency and cleanness. I'm sure that's what you were going for.

Sy, great job (love to see what you have in mind for alt logos/unis for an NBA version). I remember someone claiming to be from Rattner's Brooklyn group on the FanHome site looking for designers. He/she may be involved on these boards as well.

It's amazing that no major league team uses "Bulldogs" for its nickname. One could do so much (in terms of branding and marketing) with that moniker.

Cards.png

dude, that is one of the best things ive seen ever. there is almost no room for improvement. the one suggestion i have is to add eyes, as it does seem like the dog is squinting. i dont like the wordmark particularly, but damn, that is the best dog ive ever seen. it would make a GREAT cleveland browns alt, because its honestly better than the head-only logo they have.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

very nice work, I think you are probably going for the clean look, but I personally would prefer a little bit more colors in there. And I kind of disagree with some of the comments about the squinting. I actually think the squinting is giving the dog more character. Very well done Syphi. :)

Doh!

I'm loving it SyPhi... its brilliant. The eyes are a bit awkward sure but lets face it... bulldogs are butt-ugly to start with, that's where all the charm is :D

I'd love to see the Bulldogs NRL team here go back to a more classic logo like this.

liverpool-1.png

Fantastic work. The only problem I have is the name BullDogs. It's one word and the "d" shouldn't be capitalized. I know its commonplace (IceCats, for example) but to keep with the clean, classic look you have, I would try it with a lower case "d" and see how it works.

edit: Not lowercase. Just the same size as the rest of the letters.

Logo and illustration-wise, it's damn near perfect. I really like it.

However...

The capital "D" makes it look minor league. And I think there's a reason no professional team uses "Bulldogs" as its nickname, it just seems too minor league/college/high school-ish. Awesome rendering though.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Thanks a lot for the comments guys.

I was going for more of a solid, "demands respect" pose as opposed to a "rip-your-heart-out" pose, in part because this pose has been done with bulldogs before (Georgetown comes to mind, a few others use similar variations).

Although it's not super-simple like some of my previous work, I did not want to overburden it with details. I find a lot of times strength is lost in details... I intended to be a little blunt and imperfect, partly a reflection of the "bulldog attitude".

As for the text... yeah, it may look a little minor-league like that, but I couldn't stand the straight across look (and this made for a nice fit with the rest of the logo).

Thanks again for the comments. If you want to add anything, feel more than free... feel liberated!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived