Boston Bruins Hockey Concept

spyboy1

Here is my first concept in some time.

bruins.jpg

Man, I'm starting to miss hockey...

Comments appreciated. If I have as much time on my hands tomorrow as I did today, I may post an alternate for this.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

You're not serious about the white pants, are ya? :shocked:

This is an interesting concept. I love that X-line logo, but I'm not sure it'd work for a home/away crest for the Bruins, just because the B-wheel is so tied into their jersey tradition. I'm also not a fan of the 3-D numbers. But it's an interesting looking base.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

All I'd change is that I would switch the shoulder and main logos, and then use the bear logo as the primary logo on an alternate yellow jersey, that way tradition isn't affected.

VmWIn6B.png

You're not serious about the white pants, are ya? :shocked:

No my friend, I'm not.

That was just an oversight due to being in a hurry and being lazy. I just got on a roll making everything "opposite" for the whites and wasn't paying attention at the time. I've actually already changed them to black like the dark jersey.

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Hub and spoke? Anyone? :cry: Why did you do that to my team?

Seriously, its a good concept but no one likes the bear alt. It might be that the bear doesn't look ferocious enough, which you did a good job of fixing, but I think most people are tradionalists, inlcuding myself, and to see the B moved to the shoulders is just sacrilege.

Ok, here's the Alternate for set one. Envision it with a tie-down neck if you will...

set1alt.jpg

Thanks for the comments so far. The shoulder stripes were inspired by the old Ottawa 67's and current Chicoutimi Sagueneens jerseys.

Perhaps tomorrow I will swap the alternate and primary logos around for grins. I wanted to give that great x-line logo it's moment in the spotlight. Still have to stick with my drop shadow numbers though. I love those darn things...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

I really do like this. It's an interesting mix - the new-fangled Bruin logo with old-schoolish striping and numbers. This would work better as an alternate than an everyday look. How's about slapping the x-line logo on that yellow one?

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Here is my newest version. Due to popular demand, I put the spoked "B" logo back on the home and away jerseys, added the x-line logo to the alternate, along with a lace up collar, and corrected the white jerseys breezers to black.

bruins-set.jpg

Now, someone, DROP THE PUCK!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Here is my newest version. Due to popular demand, I put the spoked "B" logo back on the home and away jerseys, added the x-line logo to the alternate, along with a lace up collar, and corrected the white jerseys breezers to black.

bruins-set.jpg

Now, someone, DROP THE PUCK!

JeffB

Absolute perfection! I love them!

VmWIn6B.png

bruins-set.jpg

Great work. The "spoked B" logo is too classic to be relegated to the third, so I like the fact you switched 'em back. I love the change you made to the bruin....very fierce-looking....seems as if someone touched his honey....

My only complaint is that I'm not a fan of the shoulder striping a la the 67s. I think it's too old fashioned (is that possible in today's sporting world?) and it takes away from the relative perfection of the rest of the design. Otherwise, great work. Keep it up!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

• 3 months later...

Now, I would like to see no design on the pants, plain black please, and I would like to see numbers like thos of the Hartford Whalers before the packed up for Carolina.

At very least you must get that new "bruin" head design to Bruins management. That fierce looking guy could even fix the B's current third!!!

Great!

SHaMROCK/JaYTV/E-5

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Here is my first concept in some time.

bruins.jpg

Man, I'm starting to miss hockey...

Comments appreciated. If I have as much time on my hands tomorrow as I did today, I may post an alternate for this.

JeffB

Wow, when did that new Bruin head logo come out?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Wow, when did that new Bruin head logo come out?

It's not an official team logo, it's Zephyr's X-Line hat logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived