Pittsburgh Steelers White Pants

ebod39

I know they had white pants way back when but since

they're the hot team right now I thought it would be fun to revisit

the white pants in this day and age. Don't get me wrong I love they're

uni's right, always have. IMO they're Top 5 in the league, classic & intimidating.

I also threw in the pajama look too.

ward3.jpg

ward2.jpg

ward1.jpg

burress3.jpg

burress2.jpg

burress1.jpg

I like the white pants with the black-gold-black stripe on them. That's very nice, especially with the black jersey. Both white pants go well with the black, actually. As far as with the white jersey, though, I don't know... I don't think any of the really work completely, but the multi-stripe works best of all of them.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Oh man, tha black jersey with the black/yellow/black striped white pants looks awesome.

My thoughts exactly. That's just a terrific look.

I agree as well.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

A story on the steelers i heard once; the year they added the current logo to the helmet, the equip man only got half the order of stickers he was to get, so he only put one on each helmet, and left the other side blank..which remains to this day. true?

The way I heard it was it was only a test to see if they liked it, so they only did one side of the helmet and they liked it just like that, plus maybe they won. So, they kept it.

There was one year according to Terry Bradshaw where they wore white pants and had a losing record.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The black pants w/ the gold stripe reminds me of what the Tigercats used to wear between 2001-2003, those were God-awful!!!

I wouldn't mind the Steelers wearing white-on-white, though. Those are really nice. Here's how it would actually look:

Pittsburgh02.gif

Hey if the Eskimos can pull it off...

There was one year according to Terry Bradshaw where they wore white pants and had a losing record.

That year was 1971, their last losing season of the '70's, and the last year they wore the white pants.

If Rooney ever allows retros again, I'd like to see the '71's...but that's just me. :D

sig1.gif

That year was 1971, their last losing season of the '70's, and the last year they wore the white pants.

If Rooney ever allows retros again, I'd like to see the '71's...but that's just me. :D

Didn't the Steelers wear white pants with the white jerseys from 69-71? Did they ever wear the white pants with the black jerseys?

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I like all of them A LOT, but I'm a sucker for black/yellow/white or black/red/white uniforms.

My least favorite if I were ranking them would have to be the white top using the white pants with the mulit-colored stripe. Those pants look great with the black tops however.

I even like the all-black since it's broken up with some striping, especially on the pants, unlike the Ravens recent all-blacks without stripes.

Nice work. :notworthy:

Now lets's see the Vikings in gold pants and purple pants!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Didn't the Steelers wear white pants with the white jerseys from 69-71? Did they ever wear the white pants with the black jerseys?

Yes, the white pants were in use from '69 to '71.

And they have never worn the black jersey/white pant combo but one year in my lifetime, up until 1966. I dunno why they switched to that hideous uniform in 1967 through '68. Here's a link to a pic of the 66's - 1966 Steelers

sig1.gif

Archived