Suspensions Set

DarthMan

Wow, there goes the Pacers season. They've barely got enough people to play right now, and their three best players are now gone for a long time. But Stephen Jackson should get the most games IMO, he delivered some of the most vicious blows.

If these are correct (I can't find confirmation, yet), look for the NBAPA to appeal on behalf of Artest, Jackson & O'Neal's suspensions being excessive. They also might appeal on behalf of Wallace's because I don't think I've heard of a two-hand shove and a towel toss being worth 5 games, despite how it led to the situation escalating.

Artest's 30 games may stand due to his past history. Jackson, O'Neal and Wallace might get theirs reduced.

Thirty games for Artest is a slap on the wrist compared to what I wanted: Lifetime banishment. Ditto Jermaine O'Neal and Steven Jackson for twenty games. I expected Ben Wallace to be out for five games.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Here's what I nominate as appropriate punishments.

Artest - 41 games

Jackson - 20 games is OK

O'Neal - 20 games works

Wallace - Given the situation, let's make it 8 games

Also, the Pistons should be required to play their next game in Auburn Hills against the Pacers behind closed doors.

LvZYtbZ.png

The Players Union will definetely have something to say about this one.

Ben Wallace started the entire thing -- if Ben Wallace doesn't overreact, and then rekindle the flames when they were beginning to die down, none of this happens.

The players have a right to defend themselves when their safety is put in jeopardy. You come onto the court, you deserve anything you got. Somebody threw a chair at Jermaine O'Neal -- his safety most certainly was in jeopardy, at any point in that whole thing.

I think every player involved should get 10 games, at the most. And if I were Ron Artest, I would look to press charges against the guy who originally threw the cup at me, atleast it might makes fans think before they do stupid things like these.

IUe6Hvh.png

If these are correct (I can't find confirmation, yet), look for the NBAPA to appeal on behalf of Artest, Jackson & O'Neal's suspensions being excessive.

They are not excessive. If I jump a person and hit him like they did I would go to JAIL. So they must feel lucky that they only got that many games suspension. These players are priviledged, spoiled, overgrown Brats.

Like my mom says don't do the crime if u can't do the time.

If these are correct (I can't find confirmation, yet), look for the NBAPA to appeal on behalf of Artest, Jackson & O'Neal's suspensions being excessive.

They are not excessive. If I jump a person and hit him like they did I would go to JAIL. So they must feel lucky that they only got that many games suspension. These players are priviledged, spoiled, overgrown Brats.

Like my mom says don't do the crime if u can't do the time.

They may still go to jail. Don't equate the NBA's disciplinary system with the American Judicial system - just because the NBA suspends them doesn't let them off the hook as far as possible criminal charges and civil suits.

Don't argue to me about them being excessive - argue to the Players' Union. It's their job to defend the players, right or wrong.

The precidents are as follows:

Jumping into the stands to punch a fan: 10 games - Vernon Maxwell

Throwing a punch and causing grievous physical injury: 60 days (26 games) - Kermit Washington

Artest's past works against him, so while I think 72 games is excessive, I can see where that came from. Stephen Jackson getting 30 games is against precident, but he was the most aggressive as far as going after fans. O'Neal, to my knowledge, did not enter the stands but punched a fan/ballboy (I've heard both) on the court. If he did not go into the stands, I don't think he warrants a 25-game suspension.

David Stern has succeeded in making the penalties excessive enough that even if the Players Association does file a grievance:

1. The message has been sent - stay out of the stands

2. These players are still going to miss plenty of gametime even if the NBAPA wins

The interesting thing that Stern did not address is what he is going to do about the Detroit fans. His statement refers to redefining "the bounds of acceptable conduct" and banning those who overstep those bounds. This had also better be tough or you will have "fans" trying to bait other team's stars into suspensions.

The suspensions are too long, across the baord. I think they should all be reduced by 5 times. Divide them all by 5, and you have a realistic representation of what they did.

If i was sitting at my desk at work, and a guy came in and threw a beer on my chest, i'd chace him down and punch him. If someone threw a bottle fo water across my cubical wall, Id get up out of my chair and pummel that fool. If someone stepped into my cubical and spit at me and called me names, i'd be sure to inflict some fist-induced damage to his visage.

The fines should come to the Pistons arena (dont know the name) and its security. This incident will change the way fans watch games, folks. And it wont be pretty.

This just confirms the horribleness that is the NBA.

Bah to it all.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

BTW.. the actual number are:

Artest - Season

Jackson- 30

O'Neal - 25

Wallace - 6

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived