Why Does Everyone?

EagleFan344

In 2002, your defense was the 4th best in the league, statistically. This year, it's not. So it's not the best defense you've had the last 3 years.

The 3rd team basically shut down the Rams? Um... excuse me, but you gave up 419 yards to the Rams... but um... ok, sure, whatever.

Were goin to the Bowl, Baby!!!!!

Please, Eagles fans. Do us a favor -- talk your crap AFTER you win a big game. It'll save you a lot of trouble after you get beat up on in the NFC Championship game. The way I see it, Philadelphia should NEVER be the favorites in a big game... ever.

How far do you expect to go relying on a WR like Todd Pinkston who avoids any type of physical contact?

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk about D is purely subjective and personal.

Total D Philly ranks #10-NFL, #3-NFC

Since this has turned into pretty much a homer page hear are some numbers:

vs. over .500 teams

GB- 3-3

PHI- 3-3

ATL- 4-2

DEN-3-4

vs. under .500 teams

GB- 7-3

PHI- 10-0

ATL- 7-3

DEN- 7-2

Pass D

GB- #25

PHI- #12

ATL- #22

DEN- #6

Rush D

GB- #14

PHI- #16

ATL- #9

DEN- #4

Scoring D

GB- #23

PHI- #3

ATL- #14

DEN- #9

3rd Down D

GB- #9

PHI- #12

ATL- #14

DEN- #3

Opponents Overall Record

GB- 116-140

PHI- 116-140

ATL- 111-145

DEN- 124-132

What does all this mean? Absolutely nothing except, IMO, of the 4 teams being so hotly debated here Dever seems to have the best D. They also did it against a better caliber of opponets. All teams are basically even against decent teams. Philly definitely did their job and beat the teams they should, going 10-0 against losing teams.

Offensively Green Bay, Philly & Denver all place in the Top 10. Atlanta on the other hand ranked #20.

This all makes me say one more time, Green Bay in the Super Bowl. Best O, worst D. Favre who has done it before. They'll either win big or lose really ugly. But Favre will keep on slinging.

Philly flopp again. #2 D, #3 O. TO out kills them. McNabb to choke again. And whoever said McNabb is over-rated is lost. He's definitely one of the best. He's a top passer and when needed can tuck it and go. But without TO the D's can key on him and Westbrook too easily.

Denver only made the conversation because they were the only AFC team mentioned. They aren't gonna make it by Pittsburgh or NE. I like them against Indy though.

Atlanta, worst O and #3 D. Most over-rated player in the game. One and done.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Id listen to you if you knew what you were talking about. Eagles are done? They still are the favorites without TO. That doesnt mean a SB is guaranteed. Come back when you know football a little bit.

The Eagles are still the favorites? What exactly are you basing this on?

Favorites to lose a 4th straight NFC Championship game?

Vegas. And they are of course the #1 seed.

ya, thanks to TO.

In 2002, your defense was the 4th best in the league, statistically. This year, it's not. So it's not the best defense you've had the last 3 years.

The 3rd team basically shut down the Rams? Um... excuse me, but you gave up 419 yards to the Rams... but um... ok, sure, whatever.

Were goin to the Bowl, Baby!!!!!

Please, Eagles fans. Do us a favor -- talk your crap AFTER you win a big game. It'll save you a lot of trouble after you get beat up on in the NFC Championship game. The way I see it, Philadelphia should NEVER be the favorites in a big game... ever.

How far do you expect to go relying on a WR like Todd Pinkston who avoids any type of physical contact?

It doesnt matter about yds and all that crap. Pts allowed is what counts...

And those stats are misleading because of our backups playing the last 2 games....

All this talk about D is purely subjective and personal.

Total D Philly ranks #10-NFL, #3-NFC

Since this has turned into pretty much a homer page hear are some numbers:

vs. over .500 teams

GB- 3-3

PHI- 3-3

ATL- 4-2

DEN-3-4

vs. under .500 teams

GB- 7-3

PHI- 10-0

ATL- 7-3

DEN- 7-2

Pass D

GB- #25

PHI- #12

ATL- #22

DEN- #6

Rush D

GB- #14

PHI- #16

ATL- #9

DEN- #4

Scoring D

GB- #23

PHI- #3

ATL- #14

DEN- #9

3rd Down D

GB- #9

PHI- #12

ATL- #14

DEN- #3

Opponents Overall Record

GB- 116-140

PHI- 116-140

ATL- 111-145

DEN- 124-132

What does all this mean?  Absolutely nothing except, IMO, of the 4 teams being so hotly debated here Dever seems to have the best D.  They also did it against a better caliber of opponets.  All teams are basically even against decent teams.  Philly definitely did their job and beat the teams they should, going 10-0 against losing teams.

Offensively Green Bay, Philly & Denver all place in the Top 10.  Atlanta on the other hand ranked #20.

This all makes me say one more time, Green Bay in the Super Bowl.  Best O, worst D.  Favre who has done it before.  They'll either win big or lose really ugly.  But Favre will keep on slinging.

Philly flopp again.  #2 D, #3 O.  TO out kills them.  McNabb to choke again.  And whoever said McNabb is over-rated is lost.  He's definitely one of the best.  He's a top passer and when needed can tuck it and go.  But without TO the D's can key on him and Westbrook too easily.

Denver only made the conversation because they were the only AFC team mentioned.  They aren't gonna make it by Pittsburgh or NE.  I like them against Indy though.

Atlanta, worst O and #3 D.  Most over-rated player in the game.  One and done.

Did you know that...

FAVRE IS NOT GOD! HES NOT EVEN THE BEST QB IN THE NFC PLAYOFFS!

This is definitely a homer thread if people are picking GB. Do I really expect you to make a smart pick? naw.

O and Packers arent gonna make it past ATL. They could lose to Minnesota....

eaglefan, i love how you say that "upsets DO happen" when talking about your beloved eagles in the SB, but theyre absolutely IMPOSSIBLE when the packers or falcons play the eagles.

just when i thought eagles fans couldnt get any more arrogant, the thread continues to amaze me. ^_^

Personally, I think ppl hate Philly cuz in the last 4 years they have blown more championships than Phoenix, Cleveland, and Cincinnati ever have combined.

St. Joe's, Smarty Jones, Eagles 3 times, Sixers against the lakers, The Flyers every year, and how 'bout them Phillies? I'd keep going but my fav QB is Manning (couldn't beat Spurrier) and I live close to Wahington D.C. and that DC stands for don't choke. That being said...Go Colts!

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Personally, I think ppl hate Philly cuz in the last 4 years they have blown more championships than Phoenix, Cleveland, and Cincinnati ever have combined.

St. Joe's, Smarty Jones, Eagles 3 times, Sixers against the lakers, The Flyers every year, and how 'bout them Phillies? I'd  keep going but my fav QB is Manning (couldn't beat Spurrier) and I live close to Wahington D.C. and that DC stands for don't choke. That being said...Go Colts!

Smarty Jones does not count. ITS A HORSE!

Please give a description of choke. Do you count any playoff loss?

O and the Phillies arent good enough to choke.

St. Joe's, Smarty Jones, Eagles 3 times, Sixers against the lakers, The Flyers every year, and how 'bout them Phillies? I'd  keep going but my fav QB is Manning (couldn't beat Spurrier) and I live close to Wahington D.C. and that DC stands for don't choke. That being said...Go Colts!

They were favored by almost everybody to win the NL East this year. They didn't, that counts as a choke. Who did? The ATLANTA Braves. A precursor of things to come??? :D

They were favored by almost everybody to win the NL East this year. They didn't, that counts as a choke. Who did? The ATLANTA Braves. A precursor of things to come??? :D

Thats not a choke. A choke would be if they were leading their division by 9 games with 10 left and blew it.

Thats not a choke. A choke would be if they were leading their division by 9 games with 10 left and blew it.

Well being a Philly fan, you would know exactly what a choke is :D

Well being a Philly fan, you would know exactly what a choke is :D

Well your the Braves fan. How many consecutive chokes do they have? I know it beats the Philly record, :D

P-A-C-K-E-R-S

PACKERS

PACKERS

PACKERS

semperfi.gif

P-A-C-K-E-R-S

PACKERS

PACKERS

PACKERS

I just threw up.

Mission Accomplised. :D

semperfi.gif

I hope the Bears sign a big name reciever, rely on him all year saying "We got ____ now we're going to the super bowl!" all year long, and then when he gets hurt going "We never needed him! We're the best team ever!"

Oh, and I hope they take 2 games off at the end of the season, hense a month off of football so they can be "well rested" for the first round of the playoffs. I'm sure they won't be rusty at all!!

I hope the Bears sign a big name reciever, rely on him all year saying "We got ____ now we're going to the super bowl!" all year long, and then when he gets hurt going "We never needed him! We're the best team ever!"

Oh, and I hope they take 2 games off at the end of the season, hense a month off of football so they can be "well rested" for the first round of the playoffs. I'm sure they won't be rusty at all!!

Oh, you just gotta love it.

I applaud you pcgd :notworthy:

Archived