Why Does Everyone?

EagleFan344

Note: I am quite possibly the most ridiculous homer on the boards when it comes to football. So if you sense any homer-isms in this next passage, just go along with it

Well, my disdain from the Eagles doesn't come from their players {T.O. is my favorite player from another team "You Go Playa"}, but it comes from the fans figuring that just because T.O. is here in Philly, the Super Bowl is theirs to lose. First off, the Patriots are the rightful owners of that trophy and I don't see them losing it this year {yes, predicting a repeat}, and secondly, I don't think that they understand that the Falcons' recipe of Vick-Dunn-Duckett-Crumpler on offense, and their oppurtunistic D could edge them in a close one if they could meet. Another issue is that from what I've seen, none of the Eagle fans know much about football. I went on the Eagles message board recently, and they were, of course, talking trash about beating the Falcons. They said that they could EASILY contain Vick by using a DE as a spy. For those who don't know football that well, YOU DON'T USE A DADGUMMED DEFENSIVE END AS A SPY ON VICK!!! If they used Kearse as a spy on Vick, Vick would do his Barry Sanders interpetation for a few seconds to get the DE to come, and then dump it off to Crumpler for a chunk yardage. Instead, I'd send a Linebacker on one side and use another LB to spy him in order to have some sort of chance of containing Red Seven. I would've registered on that board just to say that, but I figured it would be a waste because those fans wouldn't hear it. So my disdain for them is because of their fans' somewhat smugness way of thinking they are better than the entire NFL, and their fans' {from what I've seen} lack of football knowledge.

If you think Eagle fans are dumb, you should try going on the Falcons message board. They actually think their safety tandem is better than the Eagles safety tandem. lol. And the only reason they talk smack about the Falcons is because someone (beantownfalc is his name) goes on everyday and talks about how the Falcons would blow out the Eagles. While I think the Eagles would win by 2+ TDs if they met, it could be a close game. Every team has some homer fans. Eagles do, but Falcons do too.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone would want TO on their team. Hes the best at his position. He starts controversy on the field, but the media hypes it up so much it gets blown way out of proportion.  And the Eagles will never lose 4 in a row with TO on the team. Maybe 2 at max, but 4? Also, his celebrations are hilarious. They might not seem hilarious against your team, but hey, if you dont want him to do it, dont let him score.

He's definitley not the best. Randy Moss is the best.

TO is a more complete reciever.

I dont get it. It seems like all the fans of other teams hate us, the National media hates us, and never gives us any respect. Why do people hate us? Do YOU personally hate the Eagles?

other than when the Packers or Bears play em, I have no problems with the Eagles. sort of means I'll hate you guys this Sunday, but after that we cool. I figure Einstein would put it like this:

TO+the Philly fan stereotype=Eagle-hating is cool

or something like that. i figure part of it is TO rubbin folks the wrong way with his celebrations and the media makin a mountain out of a molehill, and part of it is the media doing the same with Philly fans. yeah, TO celebrates like no other. thing is, he waits til he actually scores. Shockey tried to imitate TO, but looked like a fool in doing so for two reasons: one, it just looked dumb anyway you put it, and two, he was celebrating a first down. a FIRST DOWN. <_<

shoot, i'd love to have TO with GB or Chicago. He'll produce, and you know off the field you got a solid citizen instead of a knucklehead.

and another thing, yeah Philly booed Santa. ONCE. most of us weren't even BORN when that happened. why that hasn't died is beyond me. can you say molehill?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I dont get it. It seems like all the fans of other teams hate us, the National media hates us, and never gives us any respect. Why do people hate us? Do YOU personally hate the Eagles?

other than when the Packers or Bears play em, I have no problems with the Eagles. sort of means I'll hate you guys this Sunday, but after that we cool. I figure Einstein would put it like this:

TO+the Philly fan stereotype=Eagle-hating is cool

or something like that. i figure part of it is TO rubbin folks the wrong way with his celebrations and the media makin a mountain out of a molehill, and part of it is the media doing the same with Philly fans. yeah, TO celebrates like no other. thing is, he waits til he actually scores. Shockey tried to imitate TO, but looked like a fool in doing so for two reasons: one, it just looked dumb anyway you put it, and two, he was celebrating a first down. a FIRST DOWN. <_<

shoot, i'd love to have TO with GB or Chicago. He'll produce, and you know off the field you got a solid citizen instead of a knucklehead.

and another thing, yeah Philly booed Santa. ONCE. most of us weren't even BORN when that happened. why that hasn't died is beyond me. can you say molehill?

You like the Packers AND the Bears??????????

I like the Eagles. I think coach Tom O'Brien has done a wonderful job of leading them to 5 consecutive (hopefully 6) bowl games, and led them long past the dark days of Dan Henning and gambling problems of the mid 90s.

now THOSE eagles, i have a problem with ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

yeah. got a problem with that? B)

i figure that would be sports' version of...eh, going both ways :therock: or something like that

2016cubscreamsig.png

yeah. got a problem with that? B)

i figure that would be sports' version of...eh, going both ways :therock: or something like that

I just find it hard to understand how someone could like 2 bitter rivals. Its like me being an Eagles fan and a Giants fan.

I just find it hard to understand how someone could like 2 bitter rivals. Its like me being an Eagles fan and a Giants fan.

While I hate the Bears, I know lots of people from the lands between Milwaukee and Chicago who like both teams.....not THAT unusual down there.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

It's because there's very little chance of the players actually getting into the crowd. You can't honestly tell me if an opposing teams players had a cup thrown at him, and had found his way into the crowd, the Eagles fans wouldn't react in a manner similar to that of the Pistons crowd. It would probably happen in just about ANY arena, or ANY stadium.

Hey, that's not always true.

Back in 1999 when the Broncos were playing at home against the Raiders, a fan threw and iced snowball at Lincoln Kennedy, a 6'6", 350+lb lineman for the Raiders and Kennedy actually climbed into the stands and beat the plop out of the guy and no other fans went to back him up, they let it be because the guy made a stupid descision.

While I hate the Bears, I know lots of people from the lands between Milwaukee and Chicago who like both teams.....not THAT unusual down there.

I live in Rockford. I assume you know where that is. About 1.5 hrs west of Chi. I dont know anyone who likes both teams. If they like the Bears, they hate the Pack, same with Packer fans, they hate the Bears.

I live in Rockford. I assume you know where that is. About 1.5 hrs west of Chi. I dont know anyone who likes both teams. If they like the Bears, they hate the Pack, same with Packer fans, they hate the Bears.

hey, I live in Colorado and I'm an Avalanche AND a Red Wings fan.

Sry, im not much of a Hockey fan. Are those two teams big rivals? If they arent I can see that.

and another thing, yeah Philly booed Santa.  ONCE.  most of us weren't even BORN when that happened.  why that hasn't died is beyond me.  can you say molehill?

I am so glad someone has finally had the sense to bring the boo Santa Claus thing its proper perspective.

Kobe's not from Philadelphia. Sure, his dad played for the Sixers, but he grew up in Italy, and wound up playing high school ball on the Main Line, at Lower Merion (translation: wealthy public school where rich parents who still subscribe to the social worth of sending their kids to public school as opposed to sheltering them in fancy rich private schools, thus creating a fancy rich kid public school). While on the fringe of the city, it's really not the city the way Dawn Staley, Aaron McKie, Rasheed Wallace, Frank Wycheck or even Marvin Harrison can be perceived as being from Philadelphia. And sure, Kobe was booed upon receiving the MVP trophy at the 2001 NBA ASG. The ASG crowd is more corporate big-wig than packed to the gills with local fans. So either the small contingent of locals was overly vocal, or the crowd, regardless of city of origin, was expressing displeasure over Bryant being given the award.

Is there defending an injured Michael Irvin being cheered? Probably not, but I'll try. The Eagle crowd saw an opening against their most bitter football rival. Thinking more about how this would put their team at an advantage to have Irvin out of the game, they reacted as fans reacted. Classless? Probably. Indicative of the passion with which Philadelphia sports fans support their teams? Definitely. The passion will manifest itself in not-so-desirable ways, but at the end of the day, I'd much prefer fans who have a distinct interest in the games at hand, and are not going to just blindly support you. Witness the lukewarm support for the Phillies, and the off-and-on support for the 76ers. One could argue that the true passion lies in being a supporter regardless of record, but it's not like the 76er fans become Laker fans when the Sixers have a lean year. There's a loyalty there, but it's understood that it needs to be earned.

So yeah - it's a little bit of a shot to see Philadelphia sports fans, of which I am one, be so grossly misrepresented as ignorami and jerks (to use a synonymous less harsh term). It's such a tired stereotype. I mean back when the Pistons-Pacers brawl happened, and the subject was open for discussion on this board, it only took 3 posts for someone to mention Philly. It's that kind of stuff that just represents lazy thinkers who just want to go off of simple generalizations.

Thus, just as not every poster to this board is a lazy thinker, not every fan of the teams from Philadelphia deserves immediate disdain.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Sry, im not much of a Hockey fan. Are those two teams big rivals? If they arent I can see that.

On the sports list they were #5 as biggest professional sports rivals.

When you put it like that, Vandy, I guess Philly fans aren't so bad! Wow, I can't believe I thought that Philly fans cheering an injured player who landed directly onto his head on astroturf and then layed motionless was a bad thing! But you were just cheering the fact that you now had an advantage in that game? I completely understand now. Don't even attempt to try and defend that.

I guess us Colorado fans don't have passion since we aren't that disrespectful.

You'd have a tough time making me believe that acting as disgracefully as Philadelphia fans do makes them better than any other fans. The stereotype of Philadelphia sports fans is well earned.

And Nick, an Avs AND Red Wings fan? tsk tsk tsk.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm talking more about the Racine, Kenosha, Beloit, even Lake Geneva areas. You've got a lot of "mixing" if you will of families from one area or the other. You've got a lot of commuters up here working down there and them vacationing or retiring up here. It's no mans land. And although most people are BY FAR either a fan of one or the other........I've been friends with probably a dozen people who just like both. They have their head to head preference......believe me, but root for both to do well. These are people who maybe don't remember Charles Martin..........but know the Bears won a superbowl in their lifetime and have seen the Pack be good for a decade.

I'm not making it up. I think it's kind of blasphemous myself, but I've seen it. I mean face it.......the Packers and Bears may be the oldest rivalry in the NFL, but it isn't the most violent anymore. Both teams have to be fighting for something and when one team loses to the other 80% of the time........it's hard to get fired up about it.

Before this generation it was much nastier and more fun to hate the Bears.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'm not from Philly. I'm from Boston, where we've had our own "special" relationship with players. But if I was in Philly when Irvin went down, I would have cheered.

I always thought Irvin was the biggest ass in the game at the time. The epitome of the "me-first" attitude a lot of jerky players were known for at the time. A grandiose showboat with no class at all. He also played for the Cowboys, whom I've never liked. Add in the drug history, and now you see why Irvin was not one of my favorite players at all. It was horrible that he almost paralyzed himself, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But the fact that he was hurt and out of the game didn't make me shed any tears. Not because he was an Eagle or a Cowboy, but because I didn't like him at all.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm talking more about the Racine, Kenosha, Beloit, even Lake Geneva areas. You've got a lot of "mixing" if you will of families from one area or the other. You've got a lot of commuters up here working down there and them vacationing or retiring up here. It's no mans land. And although most people are BY FAR either a fan of one or the other........I've been friends with probably a dozen people who just like both. They have their head to head preference......believe me, but root for both to do well. These are people who maybe don't remember Charles Martin..........but know the Bears won a superbowl in their lifetime and have seen the Pack be good for a decade.

I'm not making it up. I think it's kind of blasphemous myself, but I've seen it. I mean face it.......the Packers and Bears may be the oldest rivalry in the NFL, but it isn't the most violent anymore. Both teams have to be fighting for something and when one team loses to the other 80% of the time........it's hard to get fired up about it.

Before this generation it was much nastier and more fun to hate the Bears.

Bears have won 1 straight lol.

i hate the eagles, and im not even a fan of a rival team. i hate all of the NFC east in fact, but dont really have a reason why. :therock:

Hmmm, could it have something to do with Super Bowls XXV, XXVI, XXVII and XXVIII? :P

Archived