Why Does Everyone?

EagleFan344

Update to discussion.

After the Eagles absolutely handed it to my Packers all day long...........I still, can't muster up actual hate for them. When you get destroyed like that, you're just not the better team.

There wasn't the dirty crack back-on-Jurkovic-type play that helped cement my Dallas hatred, or the loud-mouthed and useless Hovan jibber jabber that only deepens the ridiculousness of the Vikes.

They just thumped us and that's ok.

I would root against them in any superbowl matchup with the AFC, but that would be only to put bad karma on TO for scrapping that Ravens deal. I don't think, I don't think it should work out so perfectly for someone who does that.

But hate? Nope.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to put my $.02 in on this subject:

1. The Santa Claus Incident. The jolly old elf portrayer hired by the team back in 1968 was stranded in a snowstorm down the shore in Wildwood. The Eagles found a fan dressed in a poorly-made Santa suit and agreed to take his place at Franklin Field that fateful dry (no beer sold) Sunday when the Eagles played Minnesota. The team was in the O. J. Derby, and the fans were unhappy about Joe Kuharich's coaching. Well, the team was behind at halftime, Santa comes out and gets the business from the fans on a snowy afternoon. The rest is history.

And who can remember Bounty Bowl II in 1989? Lots of snow, and the future mayor of this city (and Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania) Edward G. Rendell threw one from the 600 Level.

2. The Fans. Al Moragnti once said about Philadelphia fans that they could cheer a washer at center ice at the Spectrum because of the agitator. The City of Brotherly Love is a strong blue-collar union town, because they like people that work hard. Remember the 1987 NFL Players' strike, you know, the one where the owners sent out replacement (SCAB) players. Buddy Ryan and the general public didn't like it one bit. The fans supported the strikers, truckers circled The Vet with diesel horns blaring, and only 4,000 fans bothered to show up.

3. The Outside View. The 2002 NBA All-Star Game, where Kobe Bryant got booed, was not instigated by Philadelphia fans, as you might expect, but from out-of-town fans that were unhappy about that Kobe was named MVP. And a few came from New York.

Let's be honest, Philadelphia fans are angels compared to those in that fishbowl they call The Big Apple. Remeber those snowball tossing incidents I pointed out from above? Take the Giants-Chargers game in December a few years back, please. Simular circumstances, only replace Ray Handley with Joe Kuharich, but with no Santa. Seems that those Meadowlands workers didn't clear off the stands in time. Giants a bad team, Chargers a playoff franchise. What happens, is that Giants fans throw snowballs at anything that moves.

I now leave you to continue chatting.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

domi-fan06.jpgdomi-fan05.jpg

This particular scene was shown on the late-nite SportsCenter the night of BasketBrawl . It was mentioned during a report on famous fan-player incidents that Tie Domi actually settled with the fan who heckled him by flying him to another hockey game.

As for the Eagles, they just can't handle the pressure of their fanbase, and the inability to actually enjoy Home-Field Advantage(The Panthers & Bucs say hi).

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I hate the Eagles

1) Because I'm a die hard Bucs fan and I had to lose out on disappointing playoff losses so it created a rivalry.

2) I live near Pittsburgh and we hate Philly.

KISSwall09.jpg

I can only speak for myself, being late for the party, but I for one hate the Eagles simply because their legacy should have ended with 'The Long Run.' Instead, these California pretty boys reunite, charge a couple hundred a ticket, release plop, and have the baby boomers lap it all.

No better than the Who, IMNSFHO.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Extension on why I hate the Eagles

pinky3.gif

:shocked: The guy just BAILED!!! I know you don't wanna get hit, but it's a FREAKIN FOOTBALL GAME! That's one of the objects of the game! I really want someone to say that the Eagles are the best team in the NFL. SURELY anybody can beat a team with people who will do that during a live session. Now by no means am I saying that the Falcons are the best, but the Eagles sure ain't.

The Eagles are the best team in the NFC hands down, end of story.

Overall NFL rankings Id go with them 4th behind the big 3 in the AFC Patriots, Steleers, and Colts.

As for the rest of the NFC they all suck, and would be lucky to win to just make the playoffs in the AFC.

Perhaps teh Falcons would make the playoffs in the NFC buts thats it not the Seahwks, not the Packers, not any of the other mediocre teams in teh running at 6-7.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Eagles are the best team in the NFC hands down, end of story.

Overall NFL rankings Id go with them 4th behind the big 3 in the AFC Patriots, Steleers, and Colts.

As for the rest of the NFC they all suck, and would be lucky to win to just make the playoffs in the AFC.

Perhaps teh Falcons would make the playoffs in the NFC buts thats it not the Seahwks, not the Packers, not any of the other mediocre teams in teh running at 6-7.

We won the Division. We're alredy IN the playoffs. No would about it. And according to the standings, we would've won the AFC South as well.

Todd Pinkston is what he is. He's a speedster, a deep threat to stretch the field to keep defenses honest. The bailout in Landover shouldn't have come to anyone's surprise, given he's still the same Todd Pinkston that the Carolina Panthers secondary abused in the NFC Championship game last season.

Hate on Pinkston all you want, but he does average 18.9 yards per completion, which ranks him third in the NFL in that category. Life's only easier for him with Owens serving as the primary threat. No one's going to commit extra help to Pinkston and let Owens roam over the middle.

Later in this same game, Pinkston hauled in a 79-yard bomb. Owens fumbled on the next play, otherwise it would have led to a score for the Birds.

All that being said, the bailout was nothing short of horrendous.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I hate to keep taking shots at the Falcons, but who have they beaten? If they were in the AFC South they would get trammpled by the Colts who are also 10-3, while having to play a decent Jaguars team twice, the Patriots on the road, and a first place schedule.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I know Im waaaay late for this one. I live in Wichita and am surrounded by Cowboys, Chiefs, and Broncos fans. Yes I am an Eagles fan and have been since 1987. Yes Eagles fans booed santa, Yes TO can be a wiseass when he wants to be, Yes there was a holding cell and courtroom in the basement of the Vet. but honestly, you want to talk about jackass fans, try Chiefs fans. I was sitting in a bar watching the Raiders Bucs game and when Rich Gannon broke his neck, all the Cheifs fans cheered and whistled and I even heard one guy say that it wouldnt have happened if he was still the QB in KC. So What. Cowboys fans think thier S#%t dont stink just because they beat the same Bills team in the Super Bowl back to back. Bills fans sent death threats to Scott Norwood after he missed that field goal against the Giants. Personally, did I cheer when Michael Irvin got hurt against Philly, Yes. Do I feel bad that his career was ended, No. all that meant to me was one less bullet in the Cowboys gun. Eagles fans are loyal, the franchise is dedicated to winning so we went and got TO. Ravens fans are just mad cause TO didnt want to play there. Hell, Colts fans should be pissed at ELway for not wanting to play ther and Bucs fans should be ripping out their hair because Bo Jackson snubbed them. The NFL and the media wnat to sit there and point fingers at TO for his on field antics and call him a detriment to the game and that there is no place in football for his attitude, and yet they turned a blind eye when Ray Lewis commited a felony by obstructing justice, or when Leonard Little killed a woman while he was drunk. You all want to hate a team because one player jerks your chain for something he did 3 or 4 years ago, try hating the players that do stupid things off the field and are embraced by the fans and coaches and owners becaus they get average 2 sacks and 8 tackles a game. You want to hate a team because the fans are obnoxious, go ahead, but in reality, most of the Eagle hating is plain and simple Hate em cause you Aint Em syndrome. jsut ask Giants fans after the spanking the Eagles gave Eli Manning.

93-94canucks.jpg

well said MidwestEagle. The media just acts like we are the only fans that cheer sometimes when somebody gets hurt. When I was at the Rams game week 16 and Lito and Wynn ran into each other and were on the ground in pain, what did the Rams fans do? They laughed and cheered. EVERY team has obnoxious fans, the media just acts like we are the only ones.

Midwest, you don't care that a guys career was ended just because it gave you a better chance of beating them?

I guess you're not ***holes, that changes my whole opinion of football. Because I would certainly aree with you that this GAME is far more important than somebody's personal well-being. :rolleyes:

You're right -- I hate 'em cause I ain't 'em. I hate the Eagles because my teams can't go to 3 straight conference championship games and proceed to choke in everyone of them. As much as I'd love to see the Eagles out in the 2nd round, I'd love even more to see them choke at home in the NFC Championship game... again.

And Hooray! Let's all sit around and brag about beating a rookie QB!!!

I never said that Eagles fans were the only obnoxious fans -- but your reputation isn't an unjustified one.

IUe6Hvh.png

Personally, I felt bad for Irvin going out the way he did, but Cowboys fans and any other fans who think that Eagles fans as a whole enjoyed watching him get his neck broke is asanine. Did Giants fans cheer when Thiesmans leg snapped?

Did Raider Fans cheer when Tatum almost killed Stingley? Yes they did. Do they feel bad for those players for what happened? to a certain extent yes. Football is a violent game played by men in what amounts to tn less than a suit of armor. injuries happen, yes i played, yes i got hurt, yes the other team cheered when I was carried off the field. I never said that I personally enjoyed him getting hurt, I said I cheered when he got hurt, but once I found out how sever the injury was, I felt bad. there are :censored: fans for every sports team in this country. I cannot attempt to justify all thier behavior, only mine. I have seen snowballs launched on to a field, chairs launched into the stands, players climb walls to get to fans, 70 year old men thrown down by 30 year old pitchers, Nascar drivers chuck their helmets at passing cars. The athletes in question do things that rile up the fans. the fans react in an aggressive manner. If I decide to stand up and cheer a brutal hit, so be it, regardless of wether or not the player that got hit gets hurt. Players get hit hard and get up again so often that the thougth of them being injured never really crosses ones mind. As an Eagles fan, I must defend the team that I chose to support, just like any other fan will do for his team. Fans of other teams and the media want to say that all Eagles fans are uneducated, drunk, rowdy jerks. That simply is not true. All I was trying to say before is If you want to hate the Eagles, fine, just hate them for something other than the city they play in or the fans that cheer for them. I hate the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins just as much as I hate the Dodgers because of Gibsons homer in game 1, the Rangers for winning the cup, and Nebraska for being so dominate during the 90s. I do not hate those teams because a few loudmouth fans who voice their opinion, regardless of how wrong it might be, jerked my chain.

93-94canucks.jpg

As a Baltimore Colts fan I do and always have hated John "horse teeth" Elway.

Midwest, you're kinda funny. You sound like you think people don't like the Eagles because they have some kind of "Winning Tradition".

Yankee, Eagle, Maple Leaf, Laker, Man U,or Jeff Gordon. Every sport has them, the teams that people love to hate but whose fans seem so much more hatable. The my team won before and I can't shut my mouth now fans.

Look at the whole point behind this self-absorbed, self-pity thread. Oh no, why does everyone hate on us? Boo-hoo. Why? Because you start threads like this.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Archived