Uni-Watch

OnWis97

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/041202

This gives some amusing things related to names on jerseys--"He Hate Me"

It's not that great, but I thought the Leafs' story from 1977 was pretty good.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/041202

This gives some amusing things related to names on jerseys--"He Hate Me"

It's not that great, but I thought the Leafs' story from 1977 was pretty good.

That would be the ultimate throwback if you find a Leafs jersey like that.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

That reminds me of the Generals jerseys from 2001. On their blue uins, they had blue-on-gold numbers. It looked ridiculous. :puke:

Thankfully, the Gens came to their senses and went back to gold-on-white numbers after that season.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Although it's not quite as bad as what the Leafs did, I absolutely cannot read the front or the back of the SF Giants balck jerseys. They look pretty good in stores, but I just cant make them out on TV. Are they any better in the stadium?

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

calling Shark...calling Shark. if anyone knows, he would.

i remember those black jerseys, which IIRC were only worn one year. if the letters and numbers were cream, orange, or even that gold they use for shadowing, they would probably still be around. NOBODY can read black lettering on a black jersey-did the Spurs teach us anything?

edit: hey, he forgot about Rudy T and the Rockets :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

calling Shark...calling Shark. if anyone knows, he would.

i remember those black jerseys, which IIRC were only worn one year. if the letters and numbers were cream, orange, or even that gold they use for shadowing, they would probably still be around. NOBODY can read black lettering on a black jersey-did the Spurs teach us anything?

edit: hey, he forgot about Rudy T and the Rockets :D

I wouldnt know. I never attended a game when they wore those black jerseys

but they couldnt have been too legible if the rockies purple top with black numbers werent that legible to begin with at the stadium

I know we've discussed this before:

1976: Ted Turner acquires the Atlanta Braves and convinces several players to wear nicknames, including Ralph Garr ("Roadrunner"), Jerry Royster ("Rooster"), Phil Niekro ("Knucksie"), Tom Paciorek ("Wimpy") Jimmy Wynn ("Cannon"), and Darrell Evans ("Howdy," as in Howdy Doody). But Turner goes too far by having Andy Messersmith wear "Channel" and uniform number 17, creating a de facto ad for Turner's cable TV station. When commissioner Bowie Kuhn puts the kibosh on that stunt, Messersmith switches to "Bluto." Jane Fonda finds this all so arousing that she later marries Turner.

Did any/all of them actually happen (because I don't remember the outcome of our discussions)?

It's where I sit.

• 2 weeks later...
But Turner goes too far by having Andy Messersmith wear "Channel" and uniform number 17, creating a de facto ad for Turner's cable TV station. When commissioner Bowie Kuhn puts the kibosh on that stunt, Messersmith switches to "Bluto." Jane Fonda finds this all so arousing that she later marries Turner.

Did any/all of them actually happen (because I don't remember the outcome of our discussions)?

The only one I can vouch for - photo in Sports Illustrated - was "Channel"

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

The black Giants alts were brutal in the stands. A cool idea if th outlines were thicker, but never really worked. Especially the road alts where San Francisco could barely be seen.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Cool article. I was always intrigued as to why uniforms have "Ichiro" or "Yao" on the back and I asked my graduate professor (who is from China) what's up with Asian players doing that and he said that's actually their last name and it's said like that in their country. So I guess his name is actually Ming Yao and that's why Yao is on the back of the jersey, but it's said opposite in Asia.

KISSwall09.jpg

I had heard the Leafs one before. I don't know if anyone noticed or remembers, but Bon Jovi gave the nickname Soul Train to the fullback on the Arena League's Philly Soul and he wore it for the first few games, at least. I never heard the league final ruling but I didn't see him wear it anymore.

EDIT: #36 Chris Ryan Can find pictures of him in his jersey.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived