Cincinnati Bengals

andrewharrington

i cant stand them anymore. if the bengals had to update, they should have done it well. here is my take. basically ripping out the white side panels, using a variation of the old pants, replacing the B collar logo with the tiger head (and demoting the B to secondary status).

Cincinnati-Bengals.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that's an all-one-color uniform that looks good. The tiger stripes are enough to break up the black area.

Can you work one with an orange jersey side panel continuing the tiger stripes up to the armpits?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's very nice. I still am not fond of the number font, but I think if the Bengals decide to tone down their current look but not abandon it completely (which is probably the best course of action), this would be the way to do it. My only complaint is with the logo on the jersey. I think wordmarks should go in the center of the sternum, and logos should go on the right breast (see Steelers, Jets). I prefer a wordmark, but a logo can look good. I don't like the idea of logos in the center.

Would the bengal stripes on the slevees/pant stripe be too much on the sock you think?

its an interesting idea to play with, but in my opinion, since tiger striping is such a busy, irregular pattern in and of itself that it must be used in moderation, and with very few other patterns or color blocks. these, i think, are no more busier than the old bengals uniforms were.

Can you work one with an orange jersey side panel continuing the tiger stripes up to the armpits?

i actually considered it, but i made no such attempt. i dont even know why. i probably though it would be too much tiger striping at the time, but it might just work.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, here's my $.02 on that Bengals idea of yours, fuzz:

• Change the helmet color to black with black facemask, and put the Bengal head on it.
  • Put the "BENGALS" wordmark below the NFL EQUIPMENT on the front.
  • Make the sleeves the same color as the jersey torso, put the "B" on them, and mute that tiger striping to the V-neck and sleeve ends.
  • White pants home and away with black/orange/black stripes down the outside seams and wear black socks.
  • A complete third uniform, with the orange jersey exactly the same as the black jersey, black pants with white/orange/white trim on the outside seam and orange socks.

Do you like those ideas? Let me know.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I think continuing the tiger stripes up the side panels would be an excellent way to tie the two uniform pieces together. Part of the reason the Bungles unis are so bad now is not only does the tiger striping stop at the waist, but the sides change colors too.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Very ncie work. One of the single best sports designs ever, in that helmet. Too good to change, IMO.

Nice, tastefull design, fuzz... excellent.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, here's my $.02 on that Bengals idea of yours, fuzz:
  • Change the helmet color to black with black facemask, and put the Bengal head on it.
  • Put the "BENGALS" wordmark below the NFL EQUIPMENT on the front.
  • Make the sleeves the same color as the jersey torso, put the "B" on them, and mute that tiger striping to the V-neck and sleeve ends.
  • White pants home and away with black/orange/black stripes down the outside seams and wear black socks.
  • A complete third uniform, with the orange jersey exactly the same as the black jersey, black pants with white/orange/white trim on the outside seam and orange socks.

Do you like those ideas?  Let me know.

So what you're saying, is to change the entire design. Interesting approach to something that I find almost flawless. Very nice work, fuzz.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

well craven, your ideas are quite eccentric. MY $.02 says that the helmet must not change, for it is quite unique and attractive. i probably would have put the bengals new wordmark under the collar, but i did not have a vector copy of it, and i missed the tiger, so i satisfied myself. i dont think that B sould have any part in the uniform. maybe on letterhead or something, or as a trash can logo. i like the idea of the collar and cuffs to utilze the striping, but i also like the pants stripes and shoulders to have them. theyve been that way since i was a tiny child.

the post hath been edited, and thou shalt have tiger striped side inserts jp, and the rest shalt have an orange jersey.

SWEET WORK there fuzzlewigg the orange jersey is my favourite!

i think you should do a uniform update for/concept all the teams! just my 2 canadian cents

which is only about 1 american penny! pay up bud!

SWEET WORK there fuzzlewigg the orange jersey is my favourite!

i think you should do a uniform update for/concept all the teams! just my 2 canadian cents

ummm, I am currently working on that with some other things too.

But yea, anyway fuzz you bast***, you stole my idea, I must thrash you now.

Just Kidding, great work, I love it, except put the wordmark below the collar.

Archived