Patriots "Dirty White" Alts

epper

the dirty white boy alts again?

why can't they just wear a red version of their current jersey as an alternate? i know its not historically correct but lets not go in to the bleu coat, red coat.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

You have to wait at least five years for a change. It will be at least three more years until that happens.

Until then, enjoy FUGLY UNIFORM BOWL XL.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

You have to wait at least five years for a change. It will be at least three more years until that happens.

What do you mean by that...

Maybe primaries, but not alternates...

Anyway, I think the one hope the Pats would have at making these not suck would be to go all out and go all silver.

If it sucks...is it really any worse?

i think if the patriots were wearing a more "silver" outfit and a less "dingy white" one, they would be much better.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Just bring back the Red or White throwbacks, makes no difference to me...I don't mind the silver alts, but if I had to choose, I'd pick the throwbacks anyday. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we can hopefully see them again at some point next year. And hopefully by then, there will be a David Givens replica throwback jersey available : )

QUOTE (oz615 @ Sunday, December 12th, 2004 - 18:54:39)

why cant the Pats just wear a red alternate or something,those jerseys suck big time 

LIKE THIS?! I would have a hissy fit {in a good way} if this happened.

Wow, that's pretty sharp Flame...

I agree. I wanted to do something like that but never got moving on it. A red alternate would be a huge seller. Epper, kudos to you for coining the "dirty white" for the jerseys!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Well, the Pats won again in the silver unies (just got back from Foxboro), so that makes them 2-0 (I think) in the alts.

I don't mind them, but they really do look like someone forgot to wash the whites.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

"Why cant the Pats just wear a red alternate or something, those jerseys suck big time."

3776.jpg

"LIKE THIS?! I would have a hissy fit {in a good way} if this happened."

Now, if we could replace that Flying Elvis with good ol' Pat the Patriot on the sleeves.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I guess the whoel "wait five years" thing means that we are stuck with the bills for three more years till they hopefully upgrade, and even more of a wish, one of the upgrades on here. That and now we're stuck with the Bengals horrible uniforms for four more years.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Now THAT is what I was asking for a few months back. The current Patriots concept with the old red colour looks awsome!!! I did want to see ol' Pat Patriot in their instead of the new logo but I may be changing my mind on that.

That is 100% perfect for a third jersey...

Love it...

SHaMROCK/JaYTV/E-5

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

i like the silver alt. imo they shouldnt wear a red version of the current jerseys because of the historical inacuraces. the patriots wore blue, and the british wore red. its as simple as that. it was a mistake for them to wear red when they started, and now that they finally have got red out of the jersey rotation it would be stupid to bring it back.

You have to wait at least five years for a change.  It will be at least three more years until that happens.

That applies to primary uniforms and logos, not alternates.

Didn't the Patriots change up their jerseys 3 straight years once they switched to blue? I think the first year they had red numbers, the second year white numbers, and the third or fourth year they had the huge flying elvis on the shoulders.

Also, when the Eagles changed to their current set in 96, they had stripes on their white jersey instead of an eagle head, and then changed it after one year (also changed the cuff color to black.)

Does anyone know if tinkering like this is still allowed (since it really isn't a complete overhaul?) If so, there may be hope for the Bengals and Bills yet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived