Chico Outlaws

ChicoStater

Looks like a Flynnagain to me. If so congrats man, you're even more popular than ever lately. If not, anyone have any insight into whose project this is?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I take it with the c that they are affiliated with the reds

No, actually, the Outlaws aren't a Reds affiliate. The Golden League is an unaffiliated league.

The Cincinatti Reds-style C is actually used by a number of school teams in the Chico area, primarily the Chico State baseball team, which is one of the top Division II programs in the nation.

http://www.asbookstore.com/more_details/mo...618158-9000-003

Chico High School uses a similar C.

The league's other teams will be in Fullerton, Long Beach, San Diego, Yuma, Surprise, Mesa, and Tijuana.

No, actually, the Outlaws aren't a Reds affiliate. The Golden League is an unaffiliated league.

The Cincinatti Reds-style C is actually used by a number of school teams in the Chico area, primarily the Chico State baseball team, which is one of the top Division II programs in the nation.

The league's other teams will be in Fullerton, Long Beach, San Diego, Yuma, Surprise, Mesa, and Tijuana.

So how does that work. Do they need to get permission or pay the Reds to use that "C". Or is the "C" really just a C from an actual font any anyone can use it?

That leads me to another question: If a professional team actually has original rights to the "C", which team is it - the Bears or the Reds; and how did one get the right to copy it from the other?

LT

So how does that work. Do they need to get permission or pay the Reds to use that "C". Or is the "C" really just a C from an actual font any anyone can use it?

That leads me to another question: If a professional team actually has original rights to the "C", which team is it - the Bears or the Reds; and how did one get the right to copy it from the other?

LT

I think that C is one of those old logos that got used a bunch way back. The Chicago Cardinals (now Arizona) used 2 of them as their logo. The Cubs have used it. So has Cleveland. Just one of those old fashion logos back when there weren't the same copyright laws in effect and people didn't care about the logos as much, so teams copied one another.

LT

all i know is the Bears and Reds' Cs are different. the Bears C is noticeably asymmetrical-look closely.

CHI_364.gif

The Reds' C is more symmetrical-again, look closely and disregard the shadow

CIN_705.gif

wait, what did this have to do with anything? ^_^

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived