Inaccuracies that drive you nuts

Gothamite

While reading the "modification of the chargers powder blues?" thread, I was struck by how many people were also bothered by modifications of throwback logos and uniforms.

What else do companies seem to consistently get wrong?

The one that really bothers me is the Packers' "running back" logo. The football's supposed to be at an angle, like this:

PAAAIAKNPOGPFNAN.jpg

Problem is that it's almost always embroidered completely vertical. Aligning the logo 20% so the football is straight up and down makes the state of Wisconsin lean to the side.

I love this Mitchell and Ness coat, but look at the logo:

PAAAIAHLJJAKPIBO.jpg

I would be a lot more likely to buy it if the patch was sewn on correctly.

What really gets me is the inconsistency. Reebok makes both of these:

PAAAIANKLIAILBBP.jpgPAAAIAADPFHACIAL.jpg

I know it seems like a little thing, but these types of inconsistencies really bother me. I sort of feel like they should do it right, or not at all.

How about you guys? Are there things about your team's logo (current or historical) that merchandisers get wrong?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the day, it used to get to me the way the red drop shadow on the Winnipeg Jets logo was inconsistently applied. I saw some pretty weird variations, sorry no pics.

Lamicus should know what I'm talking about...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

This isn't inconsistancy in a throwback, but the old Canucks skate logo application bothered me...

The primary logo was slightly different from the jersey logo... one had white stripes flying through it or something

That and the grey ice at Pacific Coliseum

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Yeah, whomever makes this Moose shirt, keeps messing it up. There is no beige "sky" color underneath his chin. That should be all black.

How would YOU know that's how it's supposed to be... maybe the designer of the logo wanted the Moose beard to be camoflauged with the sky... hmmm? ;);)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i konw one in particular, those throwback Cubs jerseys-more to the point, the 80s road jerseys. the whole time those were used, they had the 'madcub' on the sleeve. the throwbacks, in particular Majestic's versions, featured a bastardized version-instead of the glaring cub, they used its not-so-mad predecessor and put it on the circle in teh same colors as teh madcub. easy to tell the difference, especially if you know your logos or are a true Cubs fan.

i also got a gripe with some adidas throwbacks-their Namath Bama jersey shouldn't have a name on it, but lo and behold it does. then you got their Joe Montana '79 ND-the real ones had gold #s trimmed in white, as well as a gold name. adidas' version has white #s trimmed in gold with a white name.

final gripe-the sleeve numbers on Bears replicas. on the field, the torso numbers are tall and thin, while the sleeve numbers are noticeably bolder proportionally. Only jersey i've seen where the they got it exactly right is on Walter Payton throwbacks, one of which I own. hell, i saw some folks in a Nike Bears jersey some time ago, the number font was way off (think Impact-like). I think any way you can make a Bears jersey where something's off, I've seen it (a year or so ago, a white Bears jersey with 3 orange stripes trimmed in navy. nuf said.)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Who cares about the text on the SF throwback? It looks plopty either way.

Hey, if M&N or anyone else is licensed to sell something like this as "authentic," they should take 7 or 8 minutes, do a little research and get it right. Especially if they are charging big $$ at retail.

*edit* fixed the quote problem you were having**

Yeah, whomever makes this Moose shirt, keeps messing it up. There is no beige "sky" color underneath his chin. That should be all black.

Sheesh.

I hate that.

Geez, you are right.. his neck looks like a giraffe like that!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Not really a logo or uniform inacuracy, but I hate when people call it the East Coast Hockey League. It's just ECHL. and the Ice Pilots PA dude for this season kept saying Reading, Pa. like it was reed-ing

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I'm too lazy to dig up the photos, but the Vintage CCM North Stars Green Jersey has the star backwards (ie, the lower left point should be longer, but the lower right is the long one).

Also, I think the dropshadow drops the wrong way.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm too lazy to dig up the photos, but the Vintage CCM North Stars Green Jersey has the star backwards (ie, the lower left point should be longer, but the lower right is the long one).

Also, I think the dropshadow drops the wrong way.

yes, yes it does. how can they make such a stupid little mistake? its not too hard to figure the drop shadow goes the other way, and the star.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

the only inaccuracy that bugs the hell out of me, on the jerseys i own, is the dallas mavericks replica jerseys... they don't have the piping on the sides that the real ones have, and you can buy 5 different mavs jerseys, and all of them will have different shades of blue. both shades will vary like nobody's business.

I hate how the Red Sox batting practice unis went from navy with white bordered numbers to white navy bordered numbers...To me, it's inconsistent for the fact the the "Red Sox" script is navy w/ the white borders, and then u essentially have white numbers on the back.

Archived