Saban Goes to Miami

bosox

Saban to Miami

After three days of emotional deliberations, personal and professional discussions with family members and close associates which tore Nick Saban in two directions, the Miami Dolphins have a new head coach.

Saban decided Saturday to leave his comfort zone at LSU, a university for which he has great respect and fondness, and accept the task of rebuilding the Dolphins organization, ESPN.com has learned. The decision came after long Thursday and Friday sessions at his home in Baton Rouge, where he weighed his future with his wife, Terry, and his agent, Jimmy Sexton.

The contract will be for five years and is worth $4.5 million-$5 million annually. Saban was to announce his decision, after apprising university officials and his players of it, at an evening news conference in Orlando. The contract will also provide Saban with near-absolute control over football-related decisions and allow him to help reshape the organization following a disastrous 2004 season.

Saban on Wednesday was formally offered the Dolphins job and told Dolphins and school officials he might need a day or two to come to a decision. Clearly, he wanted a resolution before Christmas, when his team was scheduled to leave for its bowl game, but could not meet his original timetable because of his strong feelings for LSU.

expect the dolphins to be competitive next season and fall apart the next season.

i don't care what coach teams have, nobody will be good for any consistant length of time. except the patriots and eagles most teams will be good one season and piss poor the next season.

with that said, good luck to saban.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Tom COughlin did a pretty good job going from Boston College to the Expansion Jaguars.

thats fair comment. Not saying saban won't do a good job, but its an awfully big risk for the 'Fins, given Erickson's job with the 49ers or some other recent attempts from college to the pro ranks.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Tom COughlin did a pretty good job going from Boston College to the Expansion Jaguars.

thats fair comment. Not saying saban won't do a good job, but its an awfully big risk for the 'Fins, given Erickson's job with the 49ers or some other recent attempts from college to the pro ranks.

Spurrier's another big one...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I wish him well, cause I like him, but i dont quite see the purpose. Why not stay at LSU? the money can't be a TON better at Miami... the risk of failure is FAR greater.. and at LSU, he brought a national championship... he would be able to rest his on that laurel for as long as he could. Going to Miami is a fresh start, with few chances.

I guess the money MUST have been huge.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Is a coach really gonna be able to turn around a team thats in the position the 'Fins are in at the moment?

At least the Dolphins have enormous potential... I'd like to see someone try to turn around the Browns. They are currently in the deepest of the depths of NFL Hell.

Archived