Cleveland Browns Uniform Concept...

ColeJ

i love the color scheme of the cleveland browns. always have. it's just so ugly and unique... like the station wagon my parents drove when i was a kid in the 80's.

however, in recent years, i've seen the browns leaning more towards bright orange and white, with only hints of brown... what i love about the browns is the way the brown and orange look together, when brown is the dominant color, and orange is the highlight.

the best way to remedy this, in my opinion, is to bring in a set of brown pants to the uniforms... the primarily orange alternate jersey especially needs more brown for contrast... while i was at it, i decided that the striping of the browns looked a little too "barber pole" to me. too many stripes on a uniform that is fantastic for it's simplicity. so i cut down on the stipes, so the jerseys would have the same amount as the traditional helmet and pants.

some of you may find this excessive, but i love this template... it could make dog plop look clean and professional... i made a png file for every uniform combination that i would approve if i were the designer of the browns uniforms.

also, thanks to JP, Nick1733, and fuzzlewigg for the great template....

and sorry for so many posts in a row in one thread, but there was a limit to how many images i could put in each post....... yeah, i know, there's no images in this post, so i could have slapped it up on the road uniform post......... but i clicked the wrong thing, and now i'm too lazy to go back. :hockeysmiley:

I can take or leave their colour scheme-it neither excites, nor repulses me.

But I like how you've incorporated what they have into this look...

Looks good.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I personally don't care for the brown pants, but they aren't too terrible. I also don't like cutting down on the sleeve stripes.

IMO, all the Browns need to do is streamline all there stuff. Close the striping on the brown jerseys and throw out the seperated striped white pants. Then they'd be great. Oh, also, the orange pants should be the primary.

Not bad but I'll echo others and say keep the sleeve striping just as it is now, also I'd go back to the striped socks from 3 years ago. And I'd have the orange pants be the ONLY PAIR. But uh....back to your concept :D I don't get the socks with the stripe ate the top...it looks kinda like they're pulled down and the guy has orange skin.

I'd go with brown/orange at home and white/brown on the road. I like your striping pattern and the current one equally, thought I think yours might work better on the modern style NFL jerseys with the silly arms.

liverpool-1.png

i like it, although being a clevelander, i am really torn on what i would do with the browns. i agree the brown jerseys stripes should be closed, as with the pants that go with it. i also think that instead of it being white/orange/white... it should be orange/white/orange... because i think the browns uniforms should be predominantly brown and orange, with less white, unless its an away uniform of course.

that being said, i absolutley love their current sleeve striping, but i agree on a level that it should be the same on the pants and jersey, because matching striping patterns unify a uniform a whole lot. what youve created may be the best solution (3 striping all the way through, but an idea i always had would be to see what the five stripe pattern looks like on the pants, along with the old 5 stripe socks even. im going to try it before i post my version of the browns.

i dont like the orange alternate for the browns. i would much rather see them in an age-old throwback. the one from the 40s/50s? with the drop shadow numbers, preferably the white one, and then here they could use the three stripe pants that they have now. seeing them on the field in that would bring back memories of some glory days, and the browns wouldnt look like clemson in their alternate uniforms anymore.

when i get my laptop back, im going to create this. the brown pants are awesome, and they will surely be included. one last comment on your concept here, though, is that i think brown belts would be better than orange.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I am the King of Consistancy (see it says under my av...), but I can tell you that the only thing the Browns need to do to consistify their striping is to make it all closed with none of it seperated.

It still counts as consistant even though the jerseys double up on the pattern and the pants and helmets just do a singular job. (Single implying the normal three stripes, and double implying the three stripes twice, but overlapping so as to show only five stripes...)

To me, that is just working with the equipment. More stripes fit on the sleeves (though I admit that is going away with the jersey cuts) than on the pants or helmets, so you go with that. To me though, it's still consistant (except for the seperated striping which I've already mentioned) because it's the same pattern.

Does that make sense?

I am the King of Consistancy (see it says under my av...), but I can tell you that the only thing the Browns need to do to consistify their striping is to make it all closed with none of it seperated.

"Consistify"

Cool word--I may just start using it...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

"Consistify"

Cool word--I may just start using it...

Yeah, lol. Don't think it's the first time I've used it, but I do think I made it up.

Archived