Good seats - tip?

paynomind

Chris, I had been meaning to ask you this for a while now, but i figured i'd share with the board and see if anyone else has any knowlege on the subject.

I read, a while back in a Maxim, that if you go to a ballgame, in about the 3rd inning you can go to the seats in the section behind homeplate and give the usher your ticket, with a $10 bill behind it, and he will sit you somewhere he knows the season holder isnt coming, and he will treat ya right.. all for the ten-spot.

True?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

It probably depends on the individual stadium. At Busch, you can't even get down into the concourse where the home plate seats are without the proper ticket, and the "rich guy seats" tickets are usually much different looking than the regular tickets. They're usually larger and in full color. Therefore, handing him your ticket won't do any good since everyone will know you're simply trying the old greasy palm trick. But hey, maybe that's just in a few places. I too am interested to see what the unofficial upgrade policies are in other locales.

Miller Park you just sit down there.

Nobody cares unless you buy underaged girls beer. Then they care... :P

I'm surprised that, when there is like no one in the stadium, that they don't ask fans to sit closer, just to make the team look popular on tv. (or the stadium full).

Noone has ever offered me anything to get better seats (and I've ushered about 145 big league games, most of them in a half empty stadium), they just say "Aw C'mon"... so if there's an unwritten rule I don't know anything about it.

But if it ever happened to me, I would refuse -- particularly since I know the Jays employe "Secret Shoppers"

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Noone has ever offered me anything to get better seats (and I've ushered about 145 big league games, most of them in a half empty stadium), they just say "Aw C'mon"... so if there's an unwritten rule I don't know anything about it.

But if it ever happened to me, I would refuse -- particularly since I know the Jays employe "Secret Shoppers"

Damn secret shoppers in every industry are killing everything.

I just assumed that no one would want to sit in your section anyways...... :D

I saw, I came, I left.

i heard free hotdogs work.

not sure though, ask gmac.

:blink:

Horrible display. Does the FCC have jurisdicition over the internet? Im calling Michael Powell. Way to ruin the fabric of America

Or do they just say secret shoppers are everywhere? :wacko:

How can you tell??? :wacko:

:evil:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think they might be strict at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati. Then again Ive only been there once, it was in the upper level, and those seats actually werent bad, except for some fans cheering for the Diamondbacks were behind us.

Signature intentionally left blank

Or do they just say secret shoppers are everywhere? :wacko:

How can you tell??? :wacko:

:evil:

Well at my job, I get the results everytime I am shopped. After awhile though, you figure out who it is. That's when they change it on you.

Secret Shoppers? Someone explain this for the 14 year old.

Though, having never been in a "customer serivce" position, I believe it's people hired by the retailers who basically check on each employee and the service they are getting and send that information back to the managers.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived