Oh God No!

CaolinaJoe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he just pretended to moon everyone, that would be kind of funny. The thought of a player mooning the crowd is really kind of silly. But it's what he did after that, the rubbing and grinding against the goalposts that was disgusting.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That would show the whole thing is purely personal if they suspend him. He didn't hurt anyone, he didn't flip anyone off, all he did was PRETEND to moon the crowd. How horrible is that? Hell, he shouldn't even be fined.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

... and was all simulated and overblown. If there is a fine for this simple, stupid, cheezy, NOTHING TD celebration, I will be really disapointed.

You'd think with the way Buck reacted, moss simulated pleasuring himself and pseudo sprayed it on the crowd. Or that he actually displayed his ass.

Get over it, you pansy wimp-ass idiots.

Oh, and... Packers effin blow.

What he said.

We sucked defensively the whole season, our GM has made some boheheaded moves (can you say carrying two punters the whole season, one of whom you traded up in the 3rd round to draft, but had inactive the whole season because he can't beat out Bryan f'ing Barker?), and our future HOF QB grabbed his throat (again) in the playoffs.

Moss? Yes, it was a classless thing, not really funny, but no big deal. I loved his sideline reaction early on, where he told the heckling fans to look at the M'er F'ing scoreboard.

It's where I sit.

Much respect to the packer fan calling a spade a spade. The Pack had a lot of success for an off-year. Thats a pretty damn successful franchise who had an off-year by making the playoffs. Expectations were simply set too high this late in a year where they obviously weren't their best.

And, seriously guys... what moss did was dumb, but it was not suspension-worthy.

I always liked Joe Buck in spite of whatever backlash there was against him. I lost a lot fo respect for him this weekend the way he almost vomited on the microphone. Get over it, Joe.. he didnt kill your cat.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

As a Packer fan....Im having random thoughts as of this morning...

1-Since last weekend, I had a bad feeling about this game. I knew that it could be won, but I also knew that the Vikings were quite possibly too good to beat 3 times. I think Randy Moss is great. I dont care about his antics really. It seems to me the media wants to build you up, and when they create a monster they cant control, they try to tear you down. I didnt think the mooning was that mad, but it doesnt suprise me that the same PC media, which is going to rip him apart, had little or nothing to say to Jeremy Shockey calling people fags, or whathaveyou. If hes playing in Jersey, hes just misunderstood.

2-I have never liked Mike Sherman, and I never will. Call me sinical, but I find it very frustrating today, that Ron Wolf stuck around just long enough to get rid of Holmgren, who wanted full GM/Coach duties, and then decides after his own legacy is in tact, to give both jobs to this second tier guy. Shermans inability to control a bunch of JV players and motivate them is only outdone by his even greater inability to asses that talent, and put the coaching personel around them to be successful.

3-Im ready for a new regime. I dont want to lose Favre, but if thats whats going to happen, then lets start it now. I dont want to have anything to do with a Mike Sherman team for one more minute. (Bring back H dog, lol) I dont think Favre, and much of the rest of this team, have bought into Sherman in some time, and probably only rebounded this year because of personal pride. I thought the ED firing from last year was totally misplaced. Forget 4th and 26, Shermans true demeanor was revealed, with the eagles on the rope.....4th and 1 mike.....4th.....and.....1.....

4-Before the playoffs began, as most fans do, they invision their team going all the way, and hoisting the "Lombardi Trophy." As fun as parody seems to be for everybody, I winced at the thought of this version of the packers being seen in the same light as the dominant teams of 96-98. And that goes for the rest of the NFC at this point. I dont want to root for the AFC, but in the end Id like to see a team actually worthy of the title win it. The AFC has 3, the NFC really has maybe a half of a team. The eagles defense is worthy, but the offense without T.O. to me isnt much different then the Vikings offense without Moss. Just some oversized QB running down the field on broken plays, sloppingly trodding his way through the playoffs.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

people who call Moss classless should read this: from espn.com

Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy said he saw Moss' action and, "I thought it was kind of humorous."

"It's not the kind of thing you want to see on national TV, but I understand what it was all about," he said.

"Anyone who has played in the NFC Central knows what that's about. The fans in Green Bay have a tradition in the parking lot after the game where they moon the visiting team's bus," he said. "It's kind of a unique sendoff."

"I had seen it seven times because when I was with the Vikings, we lost to them seven times up there," he said.

--

sure it probably want the best thing to do, but what can you do. Is everyone gonna call the Packers fans classless. As a Packer hater myself, i'm not.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Just read that. And it makes the whole thing make more sense and less heinous.

You would think that professional broadcasters would have known about that little tradition and not had such a tizzy fit.

$5000 sounds reasonable for a fine. Hope the whole thing is over, but we know it's not. If and everytime he scores next week we'll have to hear about it.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

A fine will surfice it was not taht bad to draw a suspension he didnt drop trow, he only pretneded to.

You cant suspend someone in the playoffs unless he did something so bad its unspeakable, and this dont meet taht criteria.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ok

This needs to be the high water mark, much like woodstock was for the granola movement, and have the tide of taking sports FAARR too seriously wash backwards.

Did anyone catch the way Chris Berman described Randys flashdance?

"Randy...ehhh (sighs with a 2 second pause) Randy disrespected Lambeau with this...and he disgraced himself i think." Berman sounded like Dan Rather talking about 9/11 on Letterman, about a man who FAKED a mooning to a Rival crowd.

I do think that your past actions dictate your reputation, and rightfully, but this is getting annoying. If someone other than a jackass like Moss or TO does this, its funny. I think that sucks. Punish them on their actions, but dont judge them.

How is that NEVER discussed by any talking head?

(BTW:This whole thing, as a rather die-hard purple fan, could be dragged the way towards the medias sore-jaw-from-packer-ball-jugglingitis, but I personally have come to grips with the fact that the packers do the right things publically, as an organization that the media phonys lap up as their ideal image of middle-america football. And Green Bay fans are extremely passionate. (Props, but they get the media attention but Vikings and Bears fans are JUST as adamate, as im sure others are...except Arizona, i know you dont have more than 1000 good fans.)

Back to my long winded point; The tone of disgust in Bermans voice...I mean the man really was heated about a little gesture. Regardless of the act, nobody was harmed, and it was all in good fun. How is it intent plays no role in this? I mean we are talking about a heated, but relatively well-mannered rivalry between two neighboring states. Let me add, some of the nicest strangers in the country. I just dont think ANYONE at lambeau took it seriously, or was upset. It started with Joe Buck, and the whole lemming gang took it and ran with it. (reminds me of the whole Legler gang trying to act like the players in the Motor City Meltdown were completely faltless.)

Ick, take it as a game. It seems god likes to remind us perspective when we get all huffy out of silly plop, so maybe people can take arbitrary entertainment less seriously before the big guy gets pissed :P:notworthy:

Ps. Yes, randy is a selfish jackass, but hes OUR selfish jackass. Thats how it is, and thats why it works.

In Joe Bucks defense, (I guess, he really can't do anything wrong in the eyes of the powers that be. He's a hall of fame broadcasters son and has been with the fox network for years in the MLB) he can't laugh on the air, or say that its clever. Because of about 15 people that initially called in after the superbowl, and the 12 more that called in after Monday Night Football, we are all treated to this uncessary over-saturation of goodness. Which is surprising for a game where the league sells violence and alcohol and profits well from it.

Had he not spoke the way he did, HE would have felt the heat. But now he stays in good standing with the NFL, Fox, and Little Old Ladies everywhere.

ESPN's SPorts Nation has a poll on the incident. People are voting overwhelmingly in favor of shutting the hell up about the dance, and talk about the packers loss.

1) Which word best describes Randy Moss' ''moon'' dance?

58.5% Funny

23.4% Dumb

16.0% Disgraceful

2.1% Insensitive

2) What are you more interested in talking about today?

87.7% Vikings upset Packers at Lambeau

12.3% Randy Moss "moons" crowd

3) How much should the NFL fine Moss?

54.1% $0

20.0% More than $25,000

17.0% Less than $10,000

9.0% $10,001-$25,000

4) Should the Vikings trade Randy Moss?

83.1% No

16.9% Yes

5) Would you want Randy Moss on your team?

68.9% Yes

31.1% No

6) Which of Randy Moss' incidents was most upsetting?

41.2% Saying ''I play when I want to play''

34.7% Bumping traffic cop with his SUV

18.9% Leaving field with 2 seconds to play

5.3% ''Mooning'' Lambeau Field

7) Which bothered you more?

73.7% Neither, so quit talking about them

18.6% Randy Moss ''moons'' crowd

7.7% Terrell Owens MNF opening segment

8) Is Randy Moss good for the NFL?

67.6% Yes . . . he's entertainment.

32.4% No . . . he's a bad example.

9) How will the Vikings season end?

44.5% Lose to Eagles in divisional playoff

29.4% Win Super Bowl

17.1% Lose in NFC championship

9.0% Lose Super Bowl

Total Votes: 51,247

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i did not see the game or any replays of the event in question.

on our local sportstalk there has been some discussion that Buck though Moss was not just "shining the moon", but simulating "taking a dump" for the fans. moss is a good player, but a crappy attitude. i wouldn't want him on my team.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

The thing that amazes me is Joe Buck was trying to sell this as the most horrible thing on television... i would like to remind you that this is on FOX... the same network that airs such life affirming shows like "Trading Spouses" and "Playing it Straight"... like my god...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The thing that amazes me is Joe Buck was trying to sell this as the most horrible thing on television... i would like to remind you that this is on FOX... the same network that airs such life affirming shows like "Trading Spouses" and "Playing it Straight"... like my god...

you forgot "Who's your Daddy?"

Joe Buck annoys me. I know that's heresy coming from a St. Louisan, but that's the way I feel about him. Ever since he got a national gig he's been angling to become the next Bob Costas - to use sports as a platform to gain a national following and then transition into a more general journalistic personality. Problem is, while he aspires to be Bob Costas, he winds up sounding like Howard Cosell.

Joe Buck annoys me. I know that's heresy coming from a St. Louisan, but that's the way I feel about him. Ever since he got a national gig he's been angling to become the next Bob Costas - to use sports as a platform to gain a national following and then transition into a more general journalistic personality. Problem is, while he aspires to be Bob Costas, he winds up sounding like Howard Cosell.

I agree, when he was local/semi national he was great. I thought a combo of him and chip carey would be incredible doing baseball. However now, I'm finding myself muting his telecasts. And the fact they pair him with Troy Aikmen and Chris Collinsworth....e gad!

Archived