Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

Well, after looking them over I can GUARANTEE that the Mitchell and Ness jerseys are all Korean knockoffs. That said, the prices are incredible and I am giving this one some serious thought:

foutswht14.jpg

I have a feeling Mitchell & Ness would like to hear about this site...

Moose

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, after looking them over I can GUARANTEE that the Mitchell and Ness jerseys are all Korean knockoffs.  That said, the prices are incredible and I am giving this one some serious thought:

foutswht14.jpg

Moose

You better not, like I said, I've bought a few real from this site, and I'd like to not stop. :rolleyes:

I've seen far too many fake "Throwback" jerseys. Almost EVERY one I've seen that was at a good price was fake.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

Well, after looking them over I can GUARANTEE that the Mitchell and Ness jerseys are all Korean knockoffs.  That said, the prices are incredible and I am giving this one some serious thought:

foutswht14.jpg

Moose

You better not, like I said, I've bought a few real from this site, and I'd like to not stop. :rolleyes:

I've seen far too many fake "Throwback" jerseys. Almost EVERY one I've seen that was at a good price was fake.

What is amazing about this Fouts jersey is that if you put this jersey in your shopping cart you get a warning that the autograph on the back number is "not an authentic" autograph, it is a reporduction.

I think they made this jersey using photos of a real M&N autographed Fouts jersey that is still on eBay, and when the Koreans did their knock off they duplicated the signature and all!

UNbelievable!!!!

Alright guys, I got my Shockey jersey that I decided to get from that site we were wondering about. Believe it or not, it looks pretty real to me. Even if there's something I missed and it's fake, I'm very pleased with it.

I'll get the pictures up later. What pictures do you need to correctly identify a jersey as authentic or counterfeit?

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

I have less doubt about the current jerseys because of the possibility mentioned before of getting those at places like TJ Maxx and the like so cheap. The ones that look really bad are the throwbacks (i.e Mitchell & Ness) stuff...

Moose

on the heels of Heatley being traded, i found this piece of garbage...

Ebay Gem

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'll get the pictures up later. What pictures do you need to correctly identify a jersey as authentic or counterfeit?

Some good pictures of all the numbering and lettering, and the tags as well. They don't have to be super close (except to read the wording on the tag).

If you can post the pictures along with some game pictures of Shockey wearing the jersey, then it should be easy to match them up to see if it's authentic or not.

As far as the Heatley jersey goes, what isn't wrong with it?

The red looks like the wrong color, the shoulder striping is incorrect, the fonts for the lettering and numbers are WAY off.

Here's a pic of the Thrashers' jerseys (if hotlinking isn't allowed I'll take it down)

Thrashers3.gif.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Here they are. Huge, but I thought, if they're bigger, you can see 'em better. Oh, and I'm sure you'll figure out, I'm not that good of a photographer.

shockey0012zx.jpg

shockey0027wn.jpg

shockey0037jb.jpg

shockey0042rg.jpg

....Here's a rather wierd picture I found on google of a Shockey celebration, but his head has been replaced by Ron Jeremy's. I'm sure it will do as for the uniform.

ronjeremyshockey.jpg

Here's another, but this one has the Giants' 80th anniversary patch.

SCL92239.jpg

That should do it. :)

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

Seems like the real deal. The 8 looks a little different, but it's probably just the camera angle.

Yeah, I was looking at that. The middles are very pointy, but if you look at the right side of the 8 in the 2nd picture of Shockey, it looks very pointy there, too, as in the Ron Jeremy picture.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

QUOTE (jpslapshot22 @ Wednesday, August 24th, 2005 - 12:37:34)

Seems like the real deal. The 8 looks a little different, but it's probably just the camera angle.

Yeah, I was looking at that. The middles are very pointy, but if you look at the right side of the 8 in the 2nd picture of Shockey, it looks very pointy there, too, as in the Ron Jeremy picture.

Based on what I've seen at two legit retailers (and from watching Giants games as a sub-religion), I think Reedob is now using a more standard "8" on Giants jerseys... at least with the store-bought versions.

• 4 weeks later...
When did the Vikings ever wear this jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/p-DAUNTE-CULPEPPER-VIK...1QQcmdZViewItem

During the Two-Thousand-Never Season.

That said, those are what they SHOULD wear; I never understood the mismatching between the white and purple jersey striping.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

How do people get these? Are they fasion jerseys that they have some local company sew something on? Are they a generic jersey and they sew a name/number/logos on? As long as people are uneducated, these knockoffs will be making some frauds some big money.

KISSwall09.jpg

When did the Vikings ever wear this jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/p-DAUNTE-CULPEPPER-VIK...1QQcmdZViewItem

During the Two-Thousand-Never Season.

That said, those are what they SHOULD wear; I never understood the mismatching between the white and purple jersey striping.

I couldn't agree more. When I moved to Minnesota in 1997, someone asked me which Vikes jersey I liked more, the purple or white. I said white just because of the shoulder stripes. This proves my point that the purple jersey would look amazing with the same pattern. Those that say the Vikes should never change their jerseys should look at this photo, and I thnk many would change their mind...

Moose

Archived