Super Bowl XXXIX endzones

BigEd76

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's stupid, why wouldn't they paint the whole thing, and why did they stop doing the thing where on one side is the team's actual helmet and then that teams helmet is on the other side only the logo is replaced by the conference logo, that was nice.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

They've been fully painted just about every Super Bowl.

But what color would they paint the end zone? I see issues with both midnight green and black, since one could cause the helmet to not stand out enough, and the other could cause the drop shadow on the wordmark to not stand out enough.

A gray endzone might be an option, but is there enough of that color in the Eagles' color scheme to justify it being the endzone color for the Super Bowl?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

since it's ouside this year they might leave the main body of the endzone green and just put the normal home endzones for the Pats and Eagles in, since both of those teams play outdoors and neither have their endzones completely colored in. Though it IS the Super Bowl and no expenses should be too much for this stage

I was trying to do a mock up of this year?s Super Bowl field art earlier this week. When it came to the Eagles end zone, I ran into problems. If it was green, the helmet wouldn?t show enough. If it was black, the word mark wouldn?t show. Then I tried gray. The problem with that is that it blended into the out of bounds lines and goal line too much making it difficult for the officials. If they are going with a natural fill for the end zones, that, from what I?ve tried, is the best possible solution and something I didn?t even consider.

efa.gif

As you can see by this example, the last one is clearly the best choice.

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

that's stupid, why wouldn't they paint the whole thing, and why did they stop doing the thing where on one side is the team's actual helmet and then that teams helmet is on the other side only the logo is replaced by the conference logo, that was nice.

I do not think that it will be grey since grey is not a a primary color of the team. I can see black or the midnight green, or is staying as is. For those who saw ESPN Classic today or will see NFL Network on Sunday will see that that Patriots had a red endzone for SB 31, but blue background for SB 36 and 38.

I am just happy that the team helmet is not on the field as it was from SB 31 to what SB 37? I think I remember the SB logo on the 50 yard lind for Bucs/Radiers. but I know it was not last year because I was at the game. The game needs the NFL shield at teh 50, and the SB logos on the sides, but "angled/jumping out" like the AFL Grand Final or La Liga by the goals.

I would say green is the one. Black, while its an option would have a lot of us question it, and silver is questionable too. My guess is green. It's Saturday/Sunday so they have time to work on it. I remember for Super Bowl XXXIII they were painting the Falcons endzone during media day, and fixing the Rams helmet to the new colors for Super Bowl XXXVI. We'll wait on more pics to come in. It would be stupid that they don't paint the endzones the team's color.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I would say green is the one.  Black, while its an option would have a lot of us question it, and silver is questionable too.  My guess is green.  It's Saturday/Sunday so they have time to work on it.  I remember for Super Bowl XXXIII they were painting the Falcons endzone during media day, and fixing the Rams helmet to the new colors for Super Bowl XXXVI.  We'll wait on more pics to come in.  It would be stupid that they don't paint the endzones the team's color.

But the helmet wouldn't show at all and the NFC logo blends in too much.

edit - Upon further review... I noticed both the helmet and NFC logo seem to have a white border around them. So who knows what will happen.

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

It would be pretty interesting if they leave both endzones plain with only the team and conference logos in the end zones. If they do, they will have the endzones basically the same way both teams have them in their home stadiums, give or take the conference logos and/or helmet sihoulettes.

I always like in bowl games when they paint the endzones like the teams paint them at home. Ex: The tennessee checkers and the FSU tomahawk.

Most NFL teams have very uninspiring endzones, so it really doesn't matter.

the question is, if they leave the Eagles like that because they can't get it to work with the colors they have will that force them to leave the Patriots endzone the same way?

And on a side note, I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with crap like this.

I think it will be painted in, it has just not been done yet.

Looking at the last SB appearance by the Feebles, it might be silver.

Looks like they are going with the same template they had last year, which means the NFL shield will be at the 50, and the SB logo will be at the 35's....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I forgot about that. Sometimes, they do fill in the background later on. They probably just now put down the field art just to show off. But, having the natural background would be a refreshing change from the normal field art for the Super Bowl. But then again, the endzones would not be as easy to recognize having a natural background than they would having the team's secondary color in the background. I think during the first Patriots-Rams Super Bowl they had a gold background for the Rams. That didn't look right.

the question is, if they leave the Eagles like that because they can't get it to work with the colors they have will that force them to leave the Patriots endzone the same way?

And on a side note, I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with crap like this.

We are talking about Jacksonville and Altell Stadium. There are only two other events going on there and teh Florida/Georgia game is in October and the Toyota Gator Gator Bowl! recently for both events, the city has painted endzones for teams regardless of the Jags, but I think that the NFL has had them away the weekend of the UF/UGA game. The NFL will make the decision in the best interest of them and us since the NFL is the best around. *For most sports leagues, the generally don't screw up.

*I was at SB XXXVIII and could not see the nipple because I was on the wrong side of the field. However, I thought it was the best MTV produced halftime in years. I actually got a beers since I know who was performing. I did see the nipple, but was more disturbed by the "Golden Palace" guy which CBS never talked about or showed..

I went to SB 22, 25, 36 and 38. I was only legal at the last two, but I did drink at 25 during corporate parties. that was the game I voted for as the best SB. It was probablythe best game I ever saw in person, over the Miami/OSU Fiesta Bowl or flying to SFO to see the 49ers/Giants 36 hours later when teh NYG should have won. My America West flight from Phoenix had Bob Ryan on it.

I think during the first Patriots-Rams Super Bowl they had a gold background for the Rams. That didn't look right.

Rams had a navy endzone for Super Bowl XXXVI. The yellow endzone was for XXXIV against the Titans.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think during the first Patriots-Rams Super Bowl they had a gold background for the Rams. That didn't look right.

Rams had a navy endzone for Super Bowl XXXVI. The yellow endzone was for XXXIV against the Titans.

Correct, plus there was a new uniform and logo on the shoulder. The Redskins have yellow endzones in most SB. Vikings nornally have yellow endzones with purple name font and the helmet. Kep it green ot try to darken the grass. That is all I expect.

I like the natural look. Shows up better

As someone who runs a flag football league and works on lining fields, this could, believe it or not, be a cost-cutting move by the NFL.

Of course this is just a theory (and an admittedly really weak one at that), but the NFL spent an unusually high amount of money to buy and install the grass at the Gator Bowl (sorry, but I won't bow down to corporate whoring), and painting the end zones would add a not inconsiderable expense.

nav-logo.png

Archived