Another ABA Logo - The Toledo Ice

newsenterprise

The wolf (or whatever it is) only has one eye! And one ear! This logo is simply disturbing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From the producers of The Fly comes a new tale of science run amok... and the terror it leaves in its wake.

What begins as a marriage of science, sports and showmanship soon evolves into something far more sinister...

Who could know that the introduction of a matter-scrambling transporter device into a Siegfried & Roy Las Vegas stage revue featuring special guest Meadowlark Lemon would result in the creation of a beast so mind-numbingly, bone-chillingly, flesh-crawlingly terrifying?

Who could predict that such a monster would be inexplicably drawn to concealing itself in the luggage of a pair of retirees from northwestern Ohio?

Who could foresee the devastation the creature would unleash upon an unsuspecting Rust Belt city?

Part tiger... part multi-colored, ten-panel Rawlings basketball... ALL blood-thirsty feline sinew and pebbled leather exterior!!!

TOLEDO ICE... It dribbles, then it KILLS!!!

I actually like this one. If it were an orange ball the Tiger idea could

really work well. But even with the ABA red-white-blue ball it is a nice

concept. I think they did an excellent job of having the tiger's snout line

blend with the seam of the ball.

Of course, it makes no sense for a team called the ICE, but were they the

Snowcats or Siberians, it would be a solid logo.

And the owners of the Toledo Storm celebrate the fact that they now have the SECOND worst logo in town.

The Toledo Ice - great name for a BASKETBALL team. Is this supposed to suggest that money is so tight, they won't be able to lay down a wooden floor over the hockey surface at the arena? Certainly would give the home team an advantage.

I'm not a fan of this....

Whoever thought a white tiger coming out of an ABA ball would be a good idea for a team logo needs to have a Sigfried & Roy incident, pronto...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

You're looking at this all wrong guys. You have to take this logo in context.

Look at the ABA logos. How many of them look good? How many are even executed well?

Why one may disagree with the design of this logo, it is by far the best executed and well put-together logo in the ABA.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

From the producers of The Fly comes a new tale of science run amok... and the terror it leaves in its wake.

What begins as a marriage of science, sports and showmanship soon evolves into something far more sinister...

Who could know that the introduction of a matter-scrambling transporter device into a Siegfried & Roy Las Vegas stage revue featuring special guest Meadowlark Lemon would result in the creation of a beast so mind-numbingly, bone-chillingly, flesh-crawlingly terrifying?

Who could predict that such a monster would be inexplicably drawn to concealing itself in the luggage of a pair of retirees from northwestern Ohio?

Who could foresee the devastation the creature would unleash upon an unsuspecting Rust Belt city?

Part tiger... part multi-colored, ten-panel Rawlings basketball... ALL blood-thirsty feline sinew and pebbled leather exterior!!!

TOLEDO ICE... It dribbles, then it KILLS!!!

i thoroughly enjoyed that.

i still can't stop laughing. :D

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

No disrespect to Wideright, but the nose lining up with the ball seem is NOT reason enough to like this thing.

We've all had that moment........"hey, I bet I can make the beak an "A" or seen a shape that would look "neat" and naturally seems to want to go with another shape.

These are good impulses. Your brain is recognizing them and working up these ideas is a good thing. But they also tend to be the worst ideas that are too obvious, grand or involved to pull off.

We all try these types of things, but inevitably you have to sacrifice MUCH more to make them work than its worth. You compromise the whole thing to pull off that trick.

That line is the first thing I saw when I opened this thread. And I instantly thought that this dude went with his/her first impulse and never took a step back and thought how stupid it looked.........cause how could it be stupid? That line GOES RIGHT FROM THE SEEM INTO THE TIGERS NOSE!! Thats awesome right?

wrong. Most of these ideas are best put down on paper, to purge out the obvious, dusty, lame, literal ideas from your head, and then ritually burned so you can proceed clearly.

AND, the tiger is traced. Tracing is ok...but only as a starting point...to get perspective or placement correct. At some point you've got to revisit it and make it NOT look like you traced a picture of a tiger.

This is lame on a tremendous scale. Three thumbs down. boo. hiss.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived