Suns retro....

jrodsep

Wow. I don't even remember that style. I remember the ones pre-Barkley when they had a similiar lettering style to the Red Sox.

Some quick searching revealed this:

mn-sun70h42.jpg

I guess that lettering was used, although the numbers are off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I see a couple problems. Neither the letters nor the numbers fit for Majerle. I think you're seeing the letter font from the early '70s uniforms. When Majerle played, the numbers were a li'l more "western," w/ more pronounced serifs. The numbers are entirely wrong. The Suns' number font was way more curvy, not blocky like the style shown here.

Yeah they should get the font on the number right if tehy are doinga trhowback otherwise its not worth it.

Somewhat like your grammar? So the spacing is off and the number "9" could be more rounded, but we have not looked over the shorts. We looked at it at first and knew that the font was off, but we found out it was historically correct. Did you expect Alvin Adams to be in the poster? Please, you know he does not like the WNBA.

Thank you Charles Barkley for telling leagues not to spare us during halftimes. It was clear the the NBA got Big & Rich BEFORE the season started since they do not have a hit since the summer. Did they make a trade with NASCAR and its "Tribute to America"?

Its in Denver fans in Denver dont wnat they same hip hop crap thats all over teh place now. Although Big and Rich SUCK!!!!!! and I dont hate country I kinda like Toby Keith and a few others. But these guys are god awful.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Its in Denver fans in Denver dont wnat they same hip hop crap thats all over teh place now. Although Big and Rich SUCK!!!!!! and I dont hate country I kinda like Toby Keith and a few others. But these guys are god awful.

And you know what fans in Denver want, Tank? The halftime show was awful. I dislike this perception people have that people in Denver and the Denver area are all hicks. David Stern said he got this halftime show setup to "appeal to the Denver fans" -- it's stupid. Never once, at Nuggets games, do they play country music. It's not like people in Colorado commute to work on horseback. I heard a lot of complaining about this on sports talk radio this week, actually. It's a crappy reputation to have when you have football, basketball, and baseball teams that are trying to be successful because the big players don't want to come here because of it, until Kiki or whomever gets them here and shows them around. I guess it's deserved, based on Colorados history and that there are parts of Eastern Colorado where farming is big. Oh well, that's my rant.

IUe6Hvh.png

And you know what fans in Denver want, Tank? The halftime show was awful. I dislike this perception people have that people in Denver and the Denver area are all hicks. David Stern said he got this halftime show setup to "appeal to the Denver fans" -- it's stupid. Never once, at Nuggets games, do they play country music. It's not like people in Colorado commute to work on horseback.

ITE,

I don't commute to work on horseback - well, directly. I got myself a carriage that rides as fast as 12 mph, holds up to 354 pounds of food and can cross rivers like nobody's business :D

The Nuggets do play John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" and that one famous song by the Rednex, "Cotton Eye Joe"...but that's about it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ive been to Denver a few times I have cousins that lived in Boulder.

I actually liked Denver.

WHen I was out there in 1992 Hard Rock and Country seemed to be what everyone liked

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Denver is a decent place but it's spread out too much and there is that famous saying of DIA being out by the Kansas State line.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Denver is a decent place but it's spread out too much and there is that famous saying of DIA being out by the Kansas State line.

I've never understood that. DIA is like 20 minutes from Downtown. It's not as close as Stapleton was, but it's not that far out of town.

WHen I was out there in 1992 Hard Rock and Country seemed to be what everyone liked

Hip hop is pretty big out here, moreso within Denver proper as opposed to the suburbs. I know there's a couple country stations, but I'd hardly call in the dominant style of music here. I don't think it's any more popular than rock, pop, rap, or whatever.

As for people's perception of Denver, I do think it's a touch off unless they visit the city. While I doubt anyone thinks of it being a cowtown anymore, a lot of people don't realize how cosmopolitan it can be.

It's interesting- part of Denver really wants to hold onto our Western heritage, while the other half wants to be a big city. If nothing else, those two influences have made architecture really interesting. :)

And you know what fans in Denver want, Tank?  The halftime show was awful.  I dislike this perception people have that people in Denver and the Denver area are all hicks.  David Stern said he got this halftime show setup to "appeal to the Denver fans" -- it's stupid.  Never once, at Nuggets games, do they play country music.  It's not like people in Colorado commute to work on horseback.

ITE,

I don't commute to work on horseback - well, directly. I got myself a carriage that rides as fast as 12 mph, holds up to 354 pounds of food and can cross rivers like nobody's business :D

The Nuggets do play John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" and that one famous song by the Rednex, "Cotton Eye Joe"...but that's about it.

I'll give you that -- but but I think you have to play John Denver, here, and it is the techno version of 'Cotton Eyed Joe' ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

I've never understood that. DIA is like 20 minutes from Downtown. It's not as close as Stapleton was, but it's not that far out of town.

I think that saying started when DIA was first opened and they didn't have the highways that they do today. Getting to DIA used to take a while and it is after all out in the middle of no where.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think that saying started when DIA was first opened and they didn't have the highways that they do today. Getting to DIA used to take a while and it is after all out in the middle of no where.

:blink:

There aren't any new highways now than when they opened the airport...

:blink:

There aren't any new highways now than when they opened the airport...

Oh what the hell do I know? All I know is that my dad works for United Airlines out at DIA and I've been hearing that "Kansas State Line" thing for years from him and all the other people out there at DIA.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived